Kaleb | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb

Boeheim can't berate his "star" players, so he picks a "whipping boy" every single year. KJ is "it" this year...

That's not true. JB will berate anyone on the team. Kaleb made several mental errors in a short span during the A&M game.

This is not just a response to you, but to most on this thread. Boehiem does not just pick a random guy to yell at. Boeheim yells at guys that mess up. If you ever think he's yelling at someone for no reason, then it means you missed what happened.

In this case, Syracuse had a 2 on 1 break and instead of going to the basket for a lay up, like you learn how to do in elementary school basketball, Joseph kind of listlessly floated out to half way between the basket and the three point line on the baseline (the worst percentage shot you can take). Cooney wasn't expecting him to do that because it makes no sense to do what he did, and any JV player would have known better. Boehiem rightly chewed Joseph out.

I've been on the Joseph bandwagon. I thought he would have a strong year this year, but the mental mistakes he makes are almost constant. He has been a huge liability so far, and we could really use another guard to take some minutes from Gbinije and Cooney.

And that about sums it up perfectly!

That's not true. JB will berate anyone on the team. Kaleb made several mental errors in a short span during the A&M game.
Lol, you mean like Coleman, Owens, Wallace, McNamara, Anthony?
Now, some players do "graduate" from "whipping boy" status to become productive players, but we miss out on getting the full 4yrs of production. Nichols and Etan being classic examples. Others, like Mike Edwards and Josh Wright get wasted. I hate to say it but KJ seems on that track. I have followed SU basketball since the Fall of 1987, and I've seen Boeheim pick a designated player to abuse just about every year. All the while ignoring his star players' mistakes... Add to the untouchable list other key players, especially freshman that must play, like just about every frosh starting Pg in SU history... Anyone that thinks that Boeheim doesn't have a double standard on how he treats players crucial to the season and players that he can win without is delusional...

Last edited:
Now, some players do "graduate" from "whipping boy" status to become productive players, but we miss out on getting the full 4yrs of production. Nichols and Etan being classic examples. Others, like Mike Edwards and Josh Wright get wasted. I hate to say it but KJ seems on that track. I have followed SU basketball since the Fall of 1987, and I've seen Boeheim pick a designated player to abuse just about every year. All the while ignoring his star players' mistakes... Add to the untouchable list other key players, especially freshman that must play, like just about every frosh starting Pg in SU history... Anyone that thinks that Boeheim doesn't have a double standard on how he treats players crucial to the season and players that he can win without is delusional...

I'm going to go ahead and say that if anyone was responsible for wasting Josh Wrights talent, it was Josh Wright.

Please don't abuse me on this. Last year JB was totally unhappy with Joseph and did not seem to waste any time in expressing that in his post game talks ... and KJ was absent all of last year. We gave him a ride b/c he was here post-ennis and should have had the pg tutelage. But now its a new year. KJ supposedly had a great summer and we were all saying oh-my what a change during the exhibition games. He shot the 3... passed well... went to the basket... and we all said we have a great pg back-up for G!! Since then KJ has absolutely disappeared and seems to have reverted to last year's play. I think JB is super disappointed in his play ... I think as we all are. His lack of confidence imo doesn't come from being "abused", "whipped" by JB but rather from himself in games beyond simple exhibition games. How many think he may get the post-season "talk" if he doesn't turn it around? Afterall he will only be a hindrance next year when we will have so much potential. At least we can begin shopping around for an effective pg in the mean time. And Howard shows considerable upside.

What you (or just about any of us on this board) can't see are the interactions JB has with his players in practices and off the court. So I would be reluctant to assume that certain players always receive a free pass.

Also what is it going to do to KJ's confidence when he backs up Howard ... and we have noone to back him up??

How long will it take Kaleb to where he remembers it and doesn't need to be coached as much?
long term memory short term memory something is missing he played something like 27 mintues last year with gbinije and cooney on the team now he can't get more than 4 solid minutes.

Also what is it going to do to KJ's confidence when he backs up Howard ... and we have noone to back him up??
Worried about feelings. KJ has not shown that he can play at this level. As shown by our new AD and some of our blood lust FB fans, the only measuring stock is wins. KJ does not help SU win games, as he is currently playing.
Also, as a short timer, JB,isn't worried about feelings. Heck, I don't think he ever worries about feelings, as a coach.

Ok heres my only question...Does he become the next Allen Griffin or the next Josh Wright? I like the kid and hope he steps up with the opportunities he is getting. But if Howard gives the team more then so be it. We need one of them to complete our rotation.

Ok heres my only question...Does he become the next Allen Griffin or the next Josh Wright? I like the kid and hope he steps up with the opportunities he is getting. But if Howard gives the team more then so be it. We need one of them to complete our rotation.
The little guy from Detroit

This is what I was hoping for when I started this thread. He's 2-4 for 6 points so far -- I'll take it. And on one of his misses it was a great take to the hoop and the ball just spun out.

This is what I was hoping for when I started this thread. He's 2-4 for 6 points so far -- I'll take it. And on one of his misses it was a great take to the hoop and the ball just spun out.
Reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom