Keita... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Keita...

This is just proof that there are tons of chances out there to play some sort of pro ball. Obviously the NBA is the cream of the crop, but still.

I will never forget his freshman year, he barely touched a ball that went through his hands, deflected off the rim and went straight up 10 feet over the rim and then fell down into the net for two points. It was a very strange and funny shot.
The camera focused on him as he ran back on defense and he shrugged his shoulders at a teammate as an explanation of his shot.
I liked him right there.

I'm sure I did once or twice or maybe 20 times, or maybe I just thought it. I may have kept my mouth shut and not said it though to avoid the wrath. Who knows.l
You would have been my guess. But either way like cuseattle posted, man enough to know yourself.

You didn't ask me, but I know him pretty well and like him very much. He is an amazing young man -- hardworking, unselfish, generous with the time he gives to others, humorous, extremely friendly and amazingly likable. Don't forget that English is his 4th language. A year before he came to Syracuse, he literally did not know a word of it. And by the time he graduated, he had become a spokesman for the team and the school. (A senior person in Syracuse athletics refers to him as "my favorite player ever." That should give you an idea of his character).

When I was at SU I knew a student who couldn't speak English at all.
But he was from New Jersey.

Baye personified the "student-athlete"... the kind of person getting harder and harder to find in big time college athletics.
He's worked hard for everything he has (except his height).
Great for him to be playing pro ball and getting the opportunity to learn another language!

Orange fans - GREETINGS from Denmark.

Please feel free to 'LIKE' our official facebook page - that way you'll be updated on Baye's pro career here in Denmark.

You'll find it here: www.facebook.com/hicbasket
Rather than trying to read Danish, it may be easier to become friends with Baye on Facebook. He posts some good stuff... including his stint as perhaps the tallest guy ever to take the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Someone should keep track of the awful predictions people make here...I know I'm guilty of several.

I still don't think it was an awful prediction. hahaha