KJ | Syracusefan.com

KJ

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
It's not about learning. It's about taking time to think about where you'll spend 1 (or 2 years) in college. He's not in a time crunch, if he wants to go a school they'll find a spot for him, I don't see people's big issue with him taking the time to really think and discuss this with his family.

I think he learned from the commitment to Michigan that he has to think all his options through.

The main thing he should be considering is that Syracuse is the only school among those on his final list who has always told him he would be their starting PG. Other schools look at him as a 2, or at best, as a combo guard. We will put the ball in his hands from Day One. What else is there to think about? (Except now that Chukwu has taken the last "apparently available" scholarship...)

The main thing he should be considering is that Syracuse is the only school among those on his final list who has always told him he would be their starting PG. Other schools look at him as a 2, or at best, as a combo guard. We will put the ball in his hands from Day One. What else is there to think about? (Except now that Chukwu has taken the last "apparently available" scholarship...)

Where/when/how was it said? We do have Kaleb Joseph on the roster, he may not be the answer for us but it doesn't sound like something our staff would say to a recruit publicly.

Where/when/how was it said? We do have Kaleb Joseph on the roster, he may not be the answer for us but it doesn't sound like something our staff would say to a recruit publicly.
Well, they did.

It was said and the staff doesn't feel that Kaleb is the answer. So there goes that thinking.

silly.

I'm not trying to argue with you or say that you're wrong. I'm just unaware of anything being said like that. It isn't in print, nobody has come out and said anything like that from what I"m aware of. If you're able to show this information I'd be happy. Until then it's typical hearsay that is spread around as fact.

It was said and the staff doesn't feel that Kaleb is the answer. So there goes that thinking.

By whom? Because I haven't heard that at all from any member of the staff and again, it seems like it's in poor taste for the coaching staff to say that about a freshman point guard who was thrown at the wolves. I hope our staff wouldn't do that to him.

He gone, if Battle signs.

By whom? Because I haven't heard that at all from any member of the staff and again, it seems like it's in poor taste for the coaching staff to say that about a freshman point guard who was thrown at the wolves. I hope our staff wouldn't do that to him.
They did and they have given up on KJ. Fair or not, those are the facts. And not a guess.

There is no poor taste in being honest. He is being over-recruited. Mistakes are made all the time.

Ok, where is this coming form?

Look at the numbers. It's been said G will see time at the point this year. They already have Howard and Malachi next year with the possible additions of Battle and/or Huerter. We have 2 guards coming back in 2016 on top of Joseph, plus the addition of a third and possibly even a fourth in 16 and definitely 17 if we get some leeway on the sanctions.

I would like to know, too. Certainly possible I missed it, but I haven't seen anything publicly to that effect.

...as opposed to taking everything you read on the internet as gospel.

Dash don't waste your time with him. He's the same guy that think's PayPalCal is a saint.

What I love is that you backup up his hearsay with another false statement. At least you added a lot to the board with your post.

All I did was ask for a link to a comment either by our staff or the Battle camp saying he was going to start at point guard for us or have the ball in his hands immediately.

I'm not making any bold statement like others on here, I'm just trying to get legitimate answers backed up with real information, is that a lot to ask for?

What I love is that you backup up his hearsay with another false statement. At least you added a lot to the board with your post.

All I did was ask for a link to a comment either by our staff or the Battle camp saying he was going to start at point guard for us or have the ball in his hands immediately.

I'm not making any bold statement like others on here, I'm just trying to get legitimate answers backed up with real information, is that a lot to ask for?

This is pretty close. Tho it doesn't say he was explicitly told "you will start from day one" etc
"Scout reported that the 6-foot-5 Battle had each team map out how it planned to use him. Syracuse indicated it would keep the ball in his hands and use him as a point guard. Other teams viewed Battle as a wing."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._as_tyus_battle_trims_list_to_seven_team.html

This is pretty close. Tho it doesn't say he was explicitly told "you will start from day one" etc
". . . . . reported that the 6-foot-5 Battle had each team map out how it planned to use him. Syracuse indicated it would keep the ball in his hands and use him as a point guard. Other teams viewed Battle as a wing."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._as_tyus_battle_trims_list_to_seven_team.html

Thank you for the link, I appreciate it.

After reading the original scout article it sounds like Chris Carlson may have jumped the guard with the point guard thing. It says in the scout article that some teams look at him as a wing player (assuming the 3), and a handful of teams want to have the ball in his hands more, which in all reality could be at the one and two.

Nothing announcing he is going to or would be starting at the one or replacing KJ, just seems like people took one quote from the original scout article and played telephone with it.

Scoouut: He'll have the ball in his hands more > Post standard: Will be playing point guard > Syracusefan.com: Coaching staff has told KJ his days are numbered if we get a new recruit.

Last edited:
Thank you for the link, I appreciate it.

After reading the original . . . . . article it sounds like Chris Carlson may have jumped the guard with the point guard thing. It says in the . . . . . article that some teams look at him as a wing player (assuming the 3), and a handful of teams want to have the ball in his hands more, which in all reality could be at the one and two.

Nothing announcing he is going to or would be starting at the one or replacing KJ, just seems like people took one quote from the original . . . . . article and played telephone with it.

. . . . . : Will have the ball in his hands more > Post standard: Will be playing point guard > Syracusefan.com: Coaching staff has told KJ his days are numbered if we get a new recruit.
You are wrong. We will let it go at that. Do you think that some of us are making this up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom