Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

Name an interim coach then go after JB at the end of the season.

He's not going to hire a serious coach in the middle of the year.
Tom Thibodeau would have been my guy. Luke Walton will have his pick between the Knicks and Lakers this offseason.

If the Lakers keep their first round pick it could tip the scales there way. Then your looking at Brian Shaw for the NYK.

Tom Thibodeau would have been my guy. Luke Walton will have his pick between the Knicks and Lakers this offseason.

If the Lakers keep their first round pick it could tip the scales there way. Then your looking at Brian Shaw for the NYK.

I agree, but I don't see this ruling them out from getting Thibs in the summer.

Thibs will ruin what's left of Melo's knee within a year.
Agree.

Knicks need to play D, but not like that.

I don't even want KP playing that hard.

I'd take Walton, but not sure if he'd come East.

What about Mark Jackson? He did a nice job with Golden State. Obviously was a popular NYC and Knicks player.

Agree.

Knicks need to play D, but not like that.

I don't even want KP playing that hard.

I'd take Walton, but not sure if he'd come East.

That, plus he runs his starters into the ground minutes wise even when he has a decent bench(which NY probably wouldn't).

What about Mark Jackson? He did a nice job with Golden State. Obviously was a popular NYC and Knicks player.

I don't like him in general, and I don't want him as the coach either. I'm sure some of it is a coincidence, but pretty much as soon as he left the Warriors they went from being a good team to maybe the best team of all time. Plus, he's annoying. It sure sounds like it's go nna be Luke or Brian Shaw.

Phil won't go outside of his family. Shaw or Walton. Jackson is begging for the Nets job. I think he will get that dumpster fire.

I don't like him in general, and I don't want him as the coach either. I'm sure some of it is a coincidence, but pretty much as soon as he left the Warriors they went from being a good team to maybe the best team of all time. Plus, he's annoying. It sure sounds like it's go nna be Luke or Brian Shaw.
It's always darkest before the dawn.

Knick fan here.

The Fisher firing shocked me. Didn't see it coming. What changed from when they were 22-22 ? I get 1-9 in last 10 but still.

Knick fan here.

The Fisher firing shocked me. Didn't see it coming. What changed from when they were 22-22 ? I get 1-9 in last 10 but still.

They regressed to the mean after an overachieving start. Can't say I was impressed with him, though to be fair it was his first coaching job of any kind. Paying a rookie coach that kind of money turned out to be a huge flop.

Fisher flying out to California to get with his ex-teammate/friend's ex-wife in the middle of training camp was the beginning of the end for him. You're a head coach, grow up.

They regressed to the mean after an overachieving start. Can't say I was impressed with him, though to be fair it was his first coaching job of any kind. Paying a rookie coach that kind of money turned out to be a huge flop.

Fisher flying out to California to get with his ex-teammate/friend's ex-wife in the middle of training camp was the beginning of the end for him. You're a head coach, grow up.
gotta give Phil credit for realizing the mistake and pulling the trigger. not sure if Rambis is the answer, but if they could get off to that start, they shouldve been able to sustain a little of that. its not just regressed, its gone...thats coaching. fisher had to go.

after that girlfriend/teammate thing, i think he shouldve been let go right then. i think he lost the team at that point. he was no longer the leader, he was just another player.

as New Yorkers, we like adults in the coaching room demanding respect, for it extends out to whatever playing surface there is...Torre & Girardi, Parcells, TC & even Fassel, Keane, Torts & AV...we know who the F is in charge. with the Knicks, after JVG...we never seem to know who is. Isiah?? Dolan?? Donnie?? Melo?? JR?? the coach du jour??

we want it to be Phil and then his guy.

so Phil, for crying out loud!! go get your guy!!!

Rumor is Dolan wants to give Phil's job to Isiah Thomas when Phil leaves. That would be awful for Knicks fans.

BTW NBA fans anyone think Toronto could beat Cleveland in the East or even think Toronto will get to the ECF?

Rumor is Dolan wants to give Phil's job to Isiah Thomas when Phil leaves. That would be awful for Knicks fans.

BTW NBA fans anyone think Toronto could beat Cleveland in the East or even think Toronto will get to the ECF?

If Isiah ends up back in any role with the Knicks, Knicks fans will revolt. Not even a joke. No one will go to games and season ticket sales will plummet. It's bad enough that the dude is even roaming the hallways still.

Toronto relies a lot on free throws to score. Not a bad thing, ultra-efficient, but in the playoffs against the Cavs I'm not sure they'd get the calls they need for their offense to succeed.

Anybody catch the end of the Mavericks-Jazz game? Jazz hit a last second three to go to OT (Hood), then hit a buzzer beater to win it (Hayward). Fun game, exciting finish.

there is no rumor for that.

and cleveland, right now, is a disfunctional mess. but id have to think theyd have their act together by may.

From Bill Simmons
Ca3nVLrVIAAGUOH.jpg

Knicks would also get Brooklyn's 2016 first round pick and Boston 2018 first pick.
Clippers would also get Dallas and Boston 2016 first round picks.

What do Knicks fans think?

They would get 35 million in cap space this offseason.

there is no rumor for that.

and cleveland, right now, is a disfunctional mess. but id have to think theyd have their act together by may.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-phi...e-else-061839486.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

One way or another, Jackson will be gone before the next Knicks coach has cycled through New York. To think the next Knicks president/GM – Steve Mills or Isiah Thomas – will stay true to the triangle is absurd, and so hiring one more triangle coach is almost guaranteeing him Fisher's fate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom