Latest I know: and there are 6 Scenarios being looked at... | Syracusefan.com

Latest I know: and there are 6 Scenarios being looked at...

arbitragegls

All Conference
Note that the ACC has a 4-4-4 committee on top of expansion for several years. This committee has just about everything already mapped out...now its time to determine strategic direction that members want to go and execute against it. Source believes it will be coming quickly depending on which of the possibilities below are chosen:
1. Do nothing...each team increases dollars over $1,000,000 year
--only if agreement on next step is not unanimous and mean 100%
2. Add Uconn, Louisville, and follow-up with Notre Dame
--academics screams Uconn--# 63 US News ('Cuse is #58)
--Louisville #160+---but moving upward--and appease FSU and Clemson for football
3. Add Uconn only but know that Louisville probably gets Big 12 bid eventually
4. Add Louisville only but know that Uconn may be picked up by B1g evenutally to solidify NYC area
5. Add other schools that could be Navy, PSU, or Vandy...all considered good choices with a flaw...for example Navy bad for bball, but service academy..lots of eyeballs plus helps Notre Dame;
6. Other major universities presently in a conference and not that easy to pry away.

Stand-by...ACC is getting agreements from all universities...no one will say they did not agree with this move...

..and as Head of B1g just said:
ncf_a_delany_65.jpg
We're not always going to be able to add a member that has got a nationally relevant, top-tier program like Penn State and Nebraska. If that's the litmus test, then there wouldn't be a lot of expansion around the country.

Discuss.

I honestly think #2 is what will probably happen. ACC can not just stand by and do nothing (#1). Hopefully they saw the Big East do that and have learned. I say take a day or two to ping a couple Big 12 schools (Texas, Oklahoma, etc.) to gauge interest and the push with plan #2 if nothing is there. Maybe even conspire with the Pac 12 to raid the Big 12?

Add UL/UConn right now..get to 15/16

Then talk about Cincy and USF or UCF to get to 17/18

Get ESPN on board...inventory, inventory, inventory

After we get to 17/18..now here is where it gets good...With 18 you have two separate 9 team divisions in FB. Play 6 in/3 out each year...go back to 9 games for FB. 8 games would work too but scheduling is messy. The winners meet in ATL, Charlotte or Yankee Stadium.

Basketball would be an absolute grand slam homerun: The ACC would be the top league bar none.
Have Greensboro and MSG run concurrent games in March...each determines a winner. Then alternate each year and host the final in either NYC or Greensboro for the overall champion between both winners. The ACC claims NYC as an ACC city and Greensboro (NC Mafia) gets their games too.

Thanks Arb - I appreciate your tid bits.

As to point# 5. If people think Vandy would leave the SEC, then why not offer a school like Kentucky or Tennessee?

Note that the ACC has a 4-4-4 committee on top of expansion for several years. This committee has just about everything already mapped out...now its time to determine strategic direction that members want to go and execute against it. Source believes it will be coming quickly depending on which of the possibilities below are chosen:
1. Do nothing...each team increases dollars over $1,000,000 year
--only if agreement on next step is not unanimous and mean 100%
2. Add Uconn, Louisville, and follow-up with Notre Dame
--academics screams Uconn--# 63 US News ('Cuse is #58)
--Louisville #160+---but moving upward--and appease FSU and Clemson for football
3. Add Uconn only but know that Louisville probably gets Big 12 bid eventually
4. Add Louisville only but know that Uconn may be picked up by B1g evenutally to solidify NYC area
5. Add other schools that could be Navy, PSU, or Vandy...all considered good choices with a flaw...for example Navy bad for bball, but service academy..lots of eyeballs plus helps Notre Dame;
6. Other major universities presently in a conference and not that easy to pry away.

Stand-by...ACC is getting agreements from all universities...no one will say they did not agree with this move...

..and as Head of B1g just said:
ncf_a_delany_65.jpg
We're not always going to be able to add a member that has got a nationally relevant, top-tier program like Penn State and Nebraska. If that's the litmus test, then there wouldn't be a lot of expansion around the country.
Discuss.

Nothing like slamming your new members!! HAHAHAH!!!

I would be fine with #2. The ACC needs to take care of business ASAP. Being the first to 16 would be a major power move.

We need the Pac-12 to go after the Big 12 again. Maybe they would be content with the two Oklahoma schools and the two Kansas schools.

After we get to 17/18..now here is where it gets good...With 18 you have two separate 9 team divisions in FB. Play 6 in/3 out each year...go back to 9 games for FB. 8 games would work too but scheduling is messy. The winners meet in ATL, Charlotte or Yankee Stadium.

Basketball would be an absolute grand slam homerun: The ACC would be the top league bar none.
Have Greensboro and MSG run concurrent games in March...each determines a winner. Then alternate each year and host the final in either NYC or Greensboro for the overall champion between both winners. The ACC claims NYC as an ACC city and Greensboro (NC Mafia) gets their games too.

Sorry Mark, not gonna work/happen...makes too much sense!!

Whatever they do has to happen quick, like locked in behind the scenes by tomorrow.

There's a thread on this board stating the B1G is sniffing around SU. While that may not be true, I would be very surprised if the B1G wasn't sniffing around some other schools right now.

The B1G moves have to be about cable subscriptions now, not who brings cache, or who brings tradition. If SU delivers NY, they bring a lot of cable subscribers. Same for Virgina, VPI, UNC, NCSU, Duke, GTech. They muct have figured out exactly how to extract the extra value that they need from each new add to make this worthwhile.

IF the B1G can support 14, there is no reason to stop there. 16 is easier in every respect. If they have the funds to support it, they will likely make it happen.

I think expanding beyond 16 teams weakens the conference and reeks of desperation, especially when those extra schools are Cincy and directional Floridas.

Whatever they do has to happen quick, like locked in behind the scenes by tomorrow.

There's a thread on this board stating the B1G is sniffing around SU. While that may not be true, I would be very surprised if the B1G wasn't sniffing around some other schools right now.

The B1G moves have to be about cable subscriptions now, not who brings cache, or who brings tradition. If SU delivers NY, they bring a lot of cable subscribers. Same for Virgina, VPI, UNC, NCSU, Duke, GTech. They muct have figured out exactly how to extract the extra value that they need from each new add to make this worthwhile.

IF the B1G can support 14, there is no reason to stop there. 16 is easier in every respect. If they have the funds to support it, they will likely make it happen.

If we have a shot at the Big 10, we need to take it and run.

Being the first to 16 would be the best bet for the ACC at this point. Force others into action.

Find out what it would take to ND on board full time if they say nothing kick them out now that forces them into the B1G along with probably Pitt. The ACC has 12 teams again, and the ACC can decide if it wants to go back to 14 or just remain at 12. If the ACC has to add a school pick whomever FSU/Clemson want and be done with it.

I have to think the ACC knows what ND's plans are for the future and it's in ink and everything.

Anything that doesn't include ND and/or PedSt is a loser.

And Mark, you've lost it. That is a horrible idea. No brand, no eyeballs, nothing. Adding USF, CFU, Cincy makes it the BE on steroids. Those are ALL teams that may be left out of ANY major conference and you want to pack them all in together?

ACC >>>Big 10 for SU long term happiness.

Not if there isn't a long-term future for the ACC. Either the Big 12 or the ACC gets decimated before it's all said and done.

And Mark, you've lost it. That is a horrible idea. No brand, no eyeballs, nothing. Adding USF, CFU, Cincy makes it the BE on steroids. Those are ALL teams that may be left out of ANY major conference and you want to pack them all in together?

I would like to see ND, PSU and UConn.

Add Ville and push ND for a firm committment to go all in on a fixed schedule.

I would let the BiG have UConn to join UMD and Buthole. Talk about diluting your product. Holy Keerist.

It would be a nice F-You to B1G if the ACC turned around and grabbed PSU. PSU definitely better than Maryland/Rutgirls combined...

I wouldn't add both USF and UCF...either/or. If FSU/Miami wants it you do it. I think we need to get to 15/16 right away. Divisions have to make sense for the FB powers. Ultimately getting to 17/18 makes a ton of sense. Increased inventory and the chance to to be the BE in BB and a better ACC in FB.

Add Ville and push ND for a firm committment to go all in on a fixed schedule.

I would let the BiG have UConn to join UMD and Buthole. Talk about diluting your product. Holy Keerist.

Maybe the B1G can then add Temple and Buffalo to get to 16 and solidify their eastern branch lol.

Add UL and ND as full time members.
Add Navy for football only
Add G'Town or St Johns for all other sports.

1-ND
2-FSU
3-Clemson
4-VT
5-UVA
6-VaTech
7-UNC
8-NCST
9-Duke
10-Wake Forest
11-Syracuse
12-Pitt