Latest I know: and there are 6 Scenarios being looked at... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest I know: and there are 6 Scenarios being looked at...

I wouldn't add both USF and UCF...either/or. If FSU/Miami wants it you do it. I think we need to get to 15/16 right away. Divisions have to make sense for the FB powers. Ultimately getting to 17/18 makes a ton of sense. Increased inventory and the chance to to be the BE in BB and a better ACC in FB.

Nobody will go past 16. Too many mouths to feed. There does have to be a break point where per team income no longer increases.

So, I kind of asked this yesterday, but will throw it out there again. What is stopping the ACC from creating an ACC Network? Is it cost prohibitive? Is it a fear that it won't be easily added like BTN was?

We're watching a conference who created a regional network take over the world. They're grabbing mediocre programs (and admitting it by the way) and making a ton of money off it, enough to split a pot from 12 to 14 ways and still make a ton of money. This doesn't strike anyone as odd? Where is the ACCN?

Need to have the come to Jesus moment with ND. Telling them, look you signed onto this, what do you want it to be? Because there's one way to make it all it can be. So what do you need to make it worth your while.

ACCN and ND would be much higher up on the priority list than adding any school from that list Mark posted. I'd rather stay at 13, wait out ND, and pocket the extra $1M per year, rather than rush to the even number because odd #'s terrify people.

So, I kind of asked this yesterday, but will throw it out there again. What is stopping the ACC from creating an ACC Network? Is it cost prohibitive? Is it a fear that it won't be easily added like BTN was?

We're watching a conference who created a regional network take over the world. They're grabbing mediocre programs (and admitting it by the way) and making a ton of money off it, enough to split a pot from 12 to 14 ways and still make a ton of money. This doesn't strike anyone as odd? Where is the ACCN?

Need to have the come to Jesus moment with ND. Telling them, look you signed onto this, what do you want it to be? Because there's one way to make it all it can be. So what do you need to make it worth your while.

ACCN and ND would be much higher up on the priority list than adding any school from that list Mark posted. I'd rather stay at 13, wait out ND, and pocket the extra $1M per year, rather than rush to the even number because odd #'s terrify people.

ESPN

Well, until today, the ACC really only had a case of "owning" three states outright - Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina. Now that's down to two. I think it would be hard to compete with an SECN in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.

Just my thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Neil

Not if there isn't a long-term future for the ACC. Either the Big 12 or the ACC gets decimated before it's all said and done.

I tend to agree with this as well. In which case, the ACC should be targetting Big12 schools behind closed doors, and let the public speculate about L'Ville vs. UConn.

ND as a full-time member removes all doubt about the ACC surviving. But nobody, nowhere, is going to be able to pressure ND into anything. But, it looks like Delaney is going to try.

When was the last time an ACC team appeared in the BCS championship game?

Big 10 West: Old Big 10-Indiana + Nebraska Rivals now get to play each other
Big 10 East: PSU, Indiana and Virginia, SU, Rutty, BC, Pitt, Georgia Tech, UConn and Iowa St

SEC/1 Old SEC Rivals get to play each other again
SEC/2 Ark, Missouri, A&M, SC, NC, NCS, Duke, VT, FSU, Clemson

PAC Original 10
PAC 2 Utah, Colorado, Texas, TT, OU, OKS, Kansas, KState, WV (not sure where to put them) and Baylor

You now have the old rivals back where they belong and an elitist college football situation. This is also a way to compromise the GOR as one big happy cash making family.

acc cant start a network becaue we have given all our rights to espn

ESPN

And another reason why the football schools are angry with Swofford. They feel he painted them into a corner and hopefully a resolution can be made to save the football aspect of the ACC.

No way in hell ped state jumps. I just don't see that happening. I also agree that they ain't going over 16 teams.

I think the unc card is the one that could really cause a sh1tstorm in this whole thing. They have been the face of the ACC for so long. If they leave that would make things real interesting.

As much as I loathe (throw up in my mouth loathe) uconn, they need to get them in as well as Louisville.

choices 1-add notre dame in football
2-add penn state in everything
3-add louisvill and uconn going to a 15-16

At this point you have to make a deal with ND at almost any cost. Tell them they can keep there NBC deal if they join full time and can keep all the $$$. Use the $50 million exit fee from Maryland to give FSU and Clemson and Or Va Tech some extra incentive to stick around.

ESPN

ESPN needs to either pony up money to the ACC or work in conjunction to create an ACCN. If they do not they could lose a lot of college content.

From a Teel article...

Entrenched in college football's latest postseason incarnation, the ACC announced Thursday a 12-year Orange Bowl partnership with the SEC, Big Ten, Notre Dame and ESPN. The conference and ESPN are renegotiating their overarching media contract to reflect Notre Dame's addition.

Possible future initiatives include an ACC channel that would be available throughout league markets such as Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Raleigh, Miami, Chicago and Virginia.

Well, until today, the ACC really only had a case of "owning" three states outright - Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina. Now that's down to two. I think it would be hard to compete with an SECN in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.

Just my thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Neil

Georgia, sure. That's the toughest one, GT is clearly secondary to UGA, and given it's the host spot for the SEC title game, that is clearly SEC country. Florida with both FSU and Miami? Looks a little tougher right this second (thanks Miami), but you have to believe they'll be back. So you would think they can at least compete somewhat. And South Carolina seems like divided country, would think they can hold their own. ACC owns New York and Mass outright don't they?

If they didn't start an ACCN before this, then there has to be a good reason, even when Maryland was in play. I'm just curious what it is, as I watch BTN engulf the east coast.

And another reason why the football schools are angry with Swofford. They feel he painted them into a corner and hopefully a resolution can be made to save the football aspect of the ACC.

Wouldn't the converse of that mean that ESPN has large vested interest in making sure that ACC stays viable? Those pockets are very deep.

Wouldn't the converse of that mean that ESPN has large vested interest in making sure that ACC stays viable? Those pockets are very deep.

I hope so double not. But, I'm kind of under the thinking that ESPN isn't the end all cash cow many think they are.

When was the last time an ACC team appeared in the BCS championship game?

Depends on how one wants to answer. FSU in 2000 is the best spin free answer. Miami in 2002 is the best spin answer (they were Big East at the time). ND in 2012 is the best overall answer.

IMO the ACC's best move is to tell ND and Texas they can both have their own networks and that gets taxed 15% to be split 1% each among the conference and each of the 14 other schools. If that means taking Texas Tech as well then so be it. Adding Texas and ND to the ACC Tier 1/2 and getting 15% of their revenues from the team networks would make the ACC a player. It goes away from the ACC's all for one model but things have changed. Giving preferential treatment to Texas and ND is better than being #5 of the majors.

Nobody will go past 16. Too many mouths to feed. There does have to be a break point where per team income no longer increases.

The BE is no longer...the Catholics form a super BB league..and will be happy to get $2M per
The FB remnants form another C-USA and will be happy to get $4M per team
ESPN will have some extra $$$...if they nod at getting to 18 teams it helps FB scheduling. They got to make it worth while. They need inventory as FOX is grabbing some.

Let's be honest here, the ACC is DONE unless Notre Dame jumps in. They won't join the ACC so the ACC should force ND into the B1G now to prevent 2 ACC teams from jumping into the B1G. That would lock the B1G at 16. The SEC would then probably go to 16. The SEC would look at Oklahoma, Okie State, Virginia Tech,Florida State, Clemson, and Texas \ for 2 slots. Locking the SEC at 16 teams. The ACC and Pac-12 would then divide the B12 scraps and boom goes the dynamite.

From a Teel article...

Entrenched in college football's latest postseason incarnation, the ACC announced Thursday a 12-year Orange Bowl partnership with the SEC, Big Ten, Notre Dame and ESPN. The conference and ESPN are renegotiating their overarching media contract to reflect Notre Dame's addition.

Possible future initiatives include an ACC channel that would be available throughout league markets such as Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Raleigh, Miami, Chicago and Virginia.
wheres NYC??

oh yeah, rutgers is in the b1g.....

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

Alsacs - really? To me the B1G looks desperate - they just picked up 2 money losing schools. Is that the best they can do? I would fire Delaney for making such a piss poor decision here. And while I dont question Rutgers for leaving, but who is Maryland fooling - themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom