Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring | Syracusefan.com

Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring

Not gonna lie, there's a side of me that wants to see Lawrence vs Devito. Freshmen Phenom vs. Freshmen Phenom...

This is awesome.

Bryant was going to manage the game and not make any mistakes and their RBs would be used to beat us. Now we got a kid who might over think things and hurt his team. Sure he'll make a throw or two but a couple turnovers could be the difference.

If he shreds us he shreds us.

This is awesome.

Bryant was going to manage the game and not make any mistakes and their RBs would be used to beat us. Now we got a kid who might over think things and hurt his team. Sure he'll make a throw or two but a couple turnovers could be the difference.

If he shreds us he shreds us.
Dabo didn't believe they could keep pace scoring with SU. So, the game will be uptempo, advantage Orange.

Nope. Bryant is a senior and did not redshirt. He's done after this season.

We only toyed with the idea of dirting our SR QB in favor of a more talented thrower. Does that hurt the team's psyche at all? Does it split the team any?

Just watched their game vs Tech. Damn. Kids got a cannon and touch. Some paralells with Tommy are there for sure.

One thing we can both say is it will be fun watching both these kids develop over the next 3+ seasons.

This is bad news for us.

No, its not. It shows panic and that they are scared to lose to us twice in a row. They don't trust the senior who has won them all those games to manage the game vs us. THey feel they need a playmaker to get past Cuse and outscore our offense.

Pretty much they think we will hit 30 or so points if they are making this move because Lawrence is who you want to hang 40+ on a team. They are prepping for a shootout. If I were them I'd wait until your past the team who beat you last year to make this official. They are the home team and should want to beat us at their game (run and try and have a lopsided time of possession to tire our D.)

Now... if we play like crap and get blown out the final score will probably be a bit uglier than if Bryant had started but that is just one scenario and I am not sure it will happen.

No, its not. It shows panic and that they are scared to lose to us twice in a row. They don't trust the senior who has won them all those games to manage the game vs us. THey feel they need a playmaker to get past Cuse and outscore our offense.

Pretty much they think we will hit 30 or so points if they are making this move because Lawrence is who you want to hang 40+ on a team. They are prepping for a shootout. If I were them I'd wait until your past the team who beat you last year to make this official. They are the home team and should want to beat us at their game (run and try and have a lopsided time of possession to tire our D.)

Now... if we play like crap and get blown out the final score will probably be a bit uglier than if Bryant had started but that is just one scenario and I am not sure it will happen.

This kid broke all of Deshaun Watsons highschol passing records in Georgia. It's not panic, the kid is just that good.

This kid broke all of Deshaun Watsons highschol passing records in Georgia. It's not panic, the kid is just that good.

Would they be making the move this week if the opponent was a big name school?

Say they were playing FSU and FSU had given them their only loss the year before (and wasn't in the gutter) do they make the switch week 5 because of a good game vs GT?

I'm aware hes good but its gonna be his first start. He'll make some plays but he might make some big mistakes too. Bryant wasn't going to make mistakes after losing to us last year.

I'm pretty sure this is not why the change was made...