LAX Action for Mar 10-17 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Mar 10-17

20 to touch it in, 50 sec shot clock from HS on up & Lax overtakes baseball. It’s so simple.
At least reset to 50 or something. It can be even more possession time than under the old stalling rules when you hold it for 70, shoot and the goalie gets a piece, and then you use up another 70-80. Happens a lot too.

UVA had man up with a minute left down two but turned it over and UNC scores with a empty net. Finished 16-13.

Goalie Krieg played very well but credit should be given to UNC defense which was surprisingly strong. UVA made some poor shot decisions and struggled to move the ball until later in the 2nd half. UNC outhustled UVA all night - Bertrand looked slow and out of place at times. Gray was a real difference maker with bursts of speed and skill. Rode showed some real toughness during the 2nd half. He seems to be a slow starter quite often.

I think UVA will be better but team speed could be an issue for them.

UVA could have very easily won that game and are probably kicking themselves. Plenty of good looks and they said they were out shooting UNC by quite a bit half way through the third quarter. The shot difference only grew from there I believe. UNC offense obviously strong, but quite a few of their goals were in unsettled situations. They certainly weren't dominant in settled down 6 on 6 situations. Short stick D for UVA looked a lot better than I was expecting after our game.

UVA had the ball a ton towards the end. Kreig made a lot of good saves but there were also some poor shots. Feels like the high point game a little bit. 13 goals with all that firepower on O and possession advantage is disappionting. As laxatively said, UNC D looks strong.

UVA is far from a perfect team and they almost pulled off the comeback. UNC is really good but beatable.

Goalie Krieg played very well but credit should be given to UNC defense which was surprisingly strong. UVA made some poor shot decisions and struggled to move the ball until later in the 2nd half. UNC outhustled UVA all night - Bertrand looked slow and out of place at times. Gray was a real difference maker with bursts of speed and skill. Rode showed some real toughness during the 2nd half. He seems to be a slow starter quite often.

I think UVA will be better but team speed could be an issue for them.

a couple of their ssdm look like high school freshmen

a couple of their ssdm look like high school freshmen
Moore is the key to UVA's offense. He either draws a slide or beats his long for a goal. Not so last night. Will Bowen, one of the better if not the best college d, smothered him for much of the game. Moore could neither score nor pass out the cocoon that Bowen draped around him. Bowen's stick is fast and lethal from side to side. He is strong enough to control his man with it. Most importantly, he did not need slide help, allowing the rest of the UNC defense to shut off easy passes. Bowen is at least as valuable as Gray to UNC's success. Oh, and by the way, Krieg was excellent.

UMBC is slated to play Hartford next week and Army was set to play Holy Cross. SU should reach out to both schools and see if we can get a game.

I will admit I did not see any of the game but this confirms Penn State just isn't any good this season right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom