Lax Pick ‘em : Week 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Pick ‘em : Week 2

Army -3.5
Navy -3
Colgate +1.5
Hopkins -1.5

Michigan +4.5 vs UVA: Makes me nervous so many other people picking this, but Michigan seems like too good of team to be getting this many points. UVA will probably win but I think the Wolverines are in this till the end. They don't seem to have a weak spot. UVA has been reportedly struggling at face-offs in their scrimmages which is a bit surprising given how many fogos they brought in through the portal. They might just need to find the right guy, but Michigan doesn't seem like the team you want to have growing pains against.
Boston U -4 over Vermont: BU had a nice opening season win over a decent St Joe's team. Vermont looked pretty rough against Syracuse in their opener. I think the Catamounts might have serious issues, and they are quite young. BU is a veteran team that I think wins this pretty easily.
Hopkins -1.5 over Georgetown: The Blue Jays seem to be getting too much heat for their fluky loss vs Denver, and the Hoyas not enough grief for their beatdown by the hands of Loyola. I still don't see what people are seeing in Georgetown and I think the Jays are still uber talented. I don't think this will be close.
Penn State -4 over Villanova: PSU lost to Villanova last year. I think their loss vs Colgate serves as their early season wake up call this year. If they don't beat the Wildcats by a decent margin then it might time to hit the panic button.

michigan +4.5 is the lock of the century...bet your mortgage, 401k, and your childs college tuition on it
I love the over gotta be tons of goals in that game. Two potent offenses going at it.

I love the over gotta be tons of goals in that game. Two potent offenses going at it.
I never want to bet against Lars. But I would be willing to bet the total assets of my wife's boyfriend...

Tough week

uva -4.5
Colgate +1.5
dook -9.5
umass +3.5

hop - 1.5
unc - 10
loyola + 2.5
bart - 1.5

- georgetown needs to show a pulse to not want to bet against them.
- unc is a layup.
- hounds/terps smells like a pick 'em out of last week's action/overreaction, will take the points and ride them.
- 'gate had a nice win, they feel overvalued @ the boz. 'bart can score and are probably a little irked @ last year's shenanigans.

really wanted to take mich for a heads win/tails win, but every narrative siding with them has me off of it. bu, sbu and monmouth look spicy, too. wish we could trade some games for future weeks.

hop - 1.5
unc - 10
loyola + 2.5
bart - 1.5

- georgetown needs to show a pulse to not want to bet against them.
- unc is a layup.
- hounds/terps smells like a pick 'em out of last week's action/overreaction, will take the points and ride them.
- 'gate had a nice win, they feel overvalued @ the boz. 'bart can score and are probably a little irked @ last year's shenanigans.

really wanted to take mich for a heads win/tails win, but every narrative siding with them has me off of it. bu, sbu and monmouth look spicy, too. wish we could trade some games for future weeks.
admit it, you didn't take Michigan because I did. And, I don't blame you ;)

Michigan +4.5 vs UVA: Makes me nervous so many other people picking this, but Michigan seems like too good of team to be getting this many points. UVA will probably win but I think the Wolverines are in this till the end. They don't seem to have a weak spot. UVA has been reportedly struggling at face-offs in their scrimmages which is a bit surprising given how many fogos they brought in through the portal. They might just need to find the right guy, but Michigan doesn't seem like the team you want to have growing pains against.
Boston U -4 over Vermont: BU had a nice opening season win over a decent St Joe's team. Vermont looked pretty rough against Syracuse in their opener. I think the Catamounts might have serious issues, and they are quite young. BU is a veteran team that I think wins this pretty easily.
Hopkins -1.5 over Georgetown: The Blue Jays seem to be getting too much heat for their fluky loss vs Denver, and the Hoyas not enough grief for their beatdown by the hands of Loyola. I still don't see what people are seeing in Georgetown and I think the Jays are still uber talented. I don't think this will be close.
Penn State -4 over Villanova: PSU lost to Villanova last year. I think their loss vs Colgate serves as their early season wake up call this year. If they don't beat the Wildcats by a decent margin then it might time to hit the panic button.

Really like BU and Penn State tomorrow, putting money on both

3-1 YTD

Gate +1.5 - I like Hobart this year but getting Gate as a dog here after two pretty good performances and that 10 man, can't pass this up.

Hop -1.5 - Got burned by the Jays last week but G-town looks a mess right now.

Bryant -2 - Hate to look like I am copying AD31 but hard not to like Bryant big here.

Gonna hold off on the 4th game pending a line for Mich vs UVA

Can't edit the post for some reason. Going Mich, +4.5 feels like a ton.

I cant believe I fell into the trap of going against PS after a week one hiccup

I put some money on them figured they would rebound. Should have taken them in pickem to

UVA loses 5 all-stars from last year and they are still loaded. ACC gets most of the pretty boys I guess

They look excellent again, not many apparent weaknesses. Defensively they look better then I expected. Silver lining is they lose a crap ton to graduation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom