Class of 2015 - LB Anthony McKee Jr (OH) Verballed to Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Anthony McKee Jr (OH) Verballed to Pitt

doesnt come as much of a surprise but as the season has developed needs are also changing and I think LB has to be down the list.

Need for DT and DE hasn't changed but DBs, WRs, and a QB have entered the need mix imo.

Anthony McKee will be making his decision Dec. 21. He is still considering Oklahoma, Michigan State, Kentucky, Purdue, Minnesota and Pitt. He took an official visit to Oklahoma in September, and planned to take an official visit to Michigan State Nov. 8-9. Also said he wanted to visit Pittsburgh before the end of November.

Wow Pitt's defense has picked up some real good defensive prospects the past couple days. Shows the respect Narduzzi has to be able to come in and just start cleaning up immediately. For as good as Shafer was as a DC I think everyone remembers the scramble mode we were in his 1st recruiting class. Not only were we losing prospects left and right, but we had to resort to offering JUCO's, and picking up kids after NSD. Kind of tough to see Pitt not only keep their class together, but add highly regarded talent (some who we were interested in).

McKee and Stocker were always Pitt leans though. At the very least Pitt was a coin flip for McKee with State.

Besides Stocker and McKee they just picked up a 2 star linebacker out of Florida.

I'm not aware of any decommits. They only have 13 kids committed.

McKee and Stocker were always Pitt leans though. At the very least Pitt was a coin flip for McKee with State.

Besides Stocker and McKee they just picked up a 2 star linebacker out of Florida.

I'm not aware of any decommits. They only have 13 kids committed.
McKee was very close to committing at MSU. Was more of a sparty lean and then Narduzzi went to Pitt.

That's a bummer. I wish that program would just go away. Neither them nor SU has exactly
covered themselves in glory over the last fifteen years, but the Panthers don't seem to have the
same difficulty SU has in signing higher tier recruits. They do have the benefit of being in a much
more fertile area for HS football talent than SU does.

Kev

That's a bummer. I wish that program would just go away. Neither them nor SU has exactly
covered themselves in glory over the last fifteen years, but the Panthers don't seem to have the
same difficulty SU has in signing higher tier recruits. They do have the benefit of being in a much
more fertile area for HS football talent than SU does.

Kev
Pitt has had like what….4 head coaches in the last 6 years…….We should be able to out recruit them…talk about lack of stability. What Pitt has that we do not have is 1) Proximity to a more fertile recruiting ground and 2) share top notch facilities with the NFL Steelers
3) seem to play a style of football that recruits in the area identify with, that seems to be consistent regardless of the coaching changes…."Northeast football"?

Pitt has had like what….4 head coaches in the last 6 years…….We should be able to out recruit them…talk about lack of stability.
If Shafer gets canned next year Cuse won't be far off. And one Pitt coach only lasted a month or so because of the DUI. So, it might be even worse

Pitt has had like what….4 head coaches in the last 6 years…….We should be able to out recruit them…talk about lack of stability. What Pitt has that we do not have is 1) Proximity to a more fertile recruiting ground and 2) share top notch facilities with the NFL Steelers
3) seem to play a style of football that recruits in the area identify with, that seems to be consistent regardless of the coaching changes…."Northeast football"?

I don't know Pitt has always recruited pretty well, especially when Wanny was there they were turning out top 20 recruiting classes. They've had a pretty good track record of getting their best local players stay home. That's just a luxury we don't have.

Pitt has outrecruited us just about every year for the last 15 years. It all started shortly after they started sharing a stadium with the Steelers.

Pitt has outrecruited us just about every year for the last 15 years. It all started shortly after they started sharing a stadium with the Steelers.

They have, but I guess i'm just kind of surprised they haven't missed a beat after losing yet another coach. Not even missing a beat, but they have actually turned it up since Narduzzi arrived. I'm just keep thinking back to the mass exodus when Shafer took over, and the guys we had to settle for. I wasn't thinking it would be that bad for Pitt, but I definitely didn't foresee them snagging Stocker, and McKee.

Based on their talent, I think they've underachieved the last 10-12 years.

They're a little like Virginia: good talent, mediocre results.

cuseguy said:
Based on their talent, I think they've underachieved the last 10-12 years. They're a little like Virginia: good talent, mediocre results.

Yeah - I looked at Pitt, BC, and Syracuse to see who recruited better and if that translates to more or less wins. On the whole Pitt underperformed, while BC was about right on - and we over performed.

Yeah - I looked at Pitt, BC, and Syracuse to see who recruited better and if that translates to more or less wins. On the whole Pitt underperformed, while BC was about right on - and we over performed.
I tend to agree except there is always the Fat Mikey Farrel factor which consistently inflates the status of BC's classes. In some ways, his "work" makes the coaching staff look bad.

but they have actually turned it up since Narduzzi arrived.

I'm not naggin but do you actually think they've turned it up? I want to see how they close before I'd agree. Stocker and McKee are solid pickups for sure. But his other commit at this point is a 2 star LB out of Florida.