Class of 2025 - LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24)

I think the original poster meant something different.

The way football has been successful with NIL fundraising, it -- in theory -- should be easier to do the same with basketball, given we have had more success and we have more alumni who follow the sport (that's reality).

The fact that we aren't close is worrisome and very disappointing.
To some degree, no one on the basketball side has really ever “asked for the sale” like HCFB has. Many people need to buy into a vision before they are willing to financially support a cause. HCFB has done that and people including me literally bought into it. HCAA hasn’t at least as far as I can see or at least not with as persuasive and passionate a vision. That’s not to discredit HCAA. I think he’s done a terrific job thus far.

To some degree, no one on the basketball side has really ever “asked for the sale” like HCFB has. Many people need to buy into a vision before they are willing to financially support a cause. HCFB has done that and people including me literally bought into it. HCAA hasn’t at least as far as I can see. That’s not to discredit HCAA. I think he’s done a terrific job thus far.
I think coaching is a multi-faceted job. And I don't think we have done a good job on the men's basketball side making NIL -- which is fast becoming THE most important piece in roster construction -- as big a deal as it needs to be. To Fran's credit, he gets that. And it has worked in his favor.

Yes. I was a good friend of Floyds as a walk on back in the day - in my opinion Antoine has the same pedigree.
That’s great, but a lot of guys have on this team since then who are also ver, very, very good and highly regarded coming into the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom