Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

Williams to UCLA. Let's see what happens now.

TheFootballBrainiacs ‏@TheFbBrainiacs 5m
Dwight Williams has committed to UCLA. Shocked.

Maybe stoops to the browns will happen

Good. Hopefully this tweet is about no wanting to be a plan B...

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ ‏@jonny_suave1 55m
Not going to wait around

Hope he agrees to go to the place that wants him and where he is plan A.

Good. Hopefully this tweet is about no wanting to be a plan B...

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ ‏@jonny_suave1 55m
Not going to wait around

Pretty sure it is ... some of these guys want the security of knowing a scholly is waiting for them just as much as the school wants the security of their commitment. As I stated earlier the longer this drags out the better it is for us. He does consider SU a viable choice FWIW.

Humm, wonder if Cam Lynch is putting in the good word for us. If I am not mistaken they're both Gwinnett County selections. It could only help that Cam chats with him about coming to the Hill.

Humm, wonder if Cam Lynch is putting in the good word for us. If I am not mistaken they're both Gwinnett County selections. It could only help that Cam chats with him about coming to the Hill.

Yes as was George Morris ... Cam played about 20 mins from him ... in Snellville ... its amazing how close together some of the schools are down here.

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ ‏@jonny_suave1 9h
I'm excited to take my first official visit

He is scheduled to visit OU on 1/17.

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ ‏@jonny_suave1 9h
I'm excited to take my first official visit

He is scheduled to visit OU on 1/17.

Uh oh. I don't think they have given him a committable offer yet, have they? If they do on the visit, we are toast.

Uh oh. I don't think they have given him a committable offer yet, have they? If they do on the visit, we are toast.
They will offer on the visit. You don't give a kid an official visit this late in the game if you don't think you're going to make a committable offer. Why waste the budget?

They will offer on the visit. You don't give a kid an official visit this late in the game if you don't think you're going to make a committable offer. Why waste the budget?
Because they have the $$$$$ to waste

they had only one sr. this year at lb. and have 4 this year committed with other offers plus the have 2 jr.'s listed and like 6 more between fr. and soph.

and all are rated top 45 or better for their year

yes and no. not every kid who visits officially has or will get an offer. And I forgot how many visits schools are allotted but it might be in the 50's. That's already been budgeted and a school like Oklahoma might very well max it out.

What may or may not play into our favor, is the fact that Oklahoma doesn't currently have any Georgia players on its roster or commitments.

I imagine he will be pretty pissed off if he comes home from the OV without a commitable offer.

looks like OU has told Thomas that they have moved on.

And by that I assume you mean his visit to OU has been cancelled and he will not be going there this weekend?

I think that visit was canceled over the weekend.

Ok great thats exactly what I would like to hear.

So how long before we hear that Schafer and Co have doubled their efforts?

Dead Period ends tomorrow. HCSS is at the AFCA convention which ends tomorrow.

I am sure Lea and maybe Bullough are there tomorrow