Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

I am sure Lea and maybe Bullough are there tomorrow
thats exactly what I want to hear. Get guys in thomas family home immediately and get him secured before OU realizes they F-ed up.

So is this pretty much down to us or OU if they offer? Haven't heard many other teams involved.

I said along time ago that Enoicy would be Orange, it's just way the tea leaves were shaping up.

Rvls lowered his rating to (which should be a dead giveaway) but thats absurd as he was pretty much a unanimous top 10 broward kid this preseason. His team stunk but I don't think he did anything on the field to dissaude his ranking.

I do always worry about grades though.
this too

boomer-d
So, would you say we are done with Jonathan? Academics?
I believe it's academics with OU and Thomas. Being a selector school,OU doesn't have to roll the dice, they just move on to someone else. We will roll the dice with a quality recruit like Jonny, and if he needs prep school (ala Cooper), we'll be there to support him. Hopefully, he pays us back and reaffirms his commit to us next year. Always a risk, but we must like and believe in JT a lot. Same situation may also apply to Dowels, but I see a 1/31 OV to OU still scheduled on some boards. There may also be other prep options for some of our other recruits, too, like Phillips and Rodney. If they're quality kids like Cooper, we seem to support them through the prep route and take our chances with them next year. Not a bad investment strategy. With several non-predictor candidates, i believe we're taking a full 25 this year.

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ ‏@jonny_suave1 3h
Woke up to one of the best news

Hmmm.

I said along time ago that Enoicy would be Orange, it's just way the tea leaves were shaping up.

Rvls lowered his rating to (which should be a dead giveaway) but thats absurd as he was pretty much a unanimous top 10 broward kid this preseason. His team stunk but I don't think he did anything on the field to dissaude his ranking.

I do always worry about grades though.

I believe it's academics with OU and Thomas. Being a selector school,OU doesn't have to roll the dice, they just move on to someone else. We will roll the dice with a quality recruit like Jonny, and if he needs prep school (ala Cooper), we'll be there to support him. Hopefully, he pays us back and reaffirms his commit to us next year. Always a risk, but we must like and believe in JT a lot. Same situation may also apply to Dowels, but I see a 1/31 OV to OU still scheduled on some boards. There may also be other prep options for some of our other recruits, too, like Phillips and Rodney. If they're quality kids like Cooper, we seem to support them through the prep route and take our chances with them next year. Not a bad investment strategy. With several non-predictor candidates, i believe we're taking a full 25 this year.

Dowels is not visiting OU more likely RU. Just sloppy housekeeping on the part of some sites.

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ ‏@jonny_suave1 3h
Woke up to one of the best news

Hmmm.

Sounds like as Anomander pointed out, its Georgia considering getting involved. Coming to meet with him.

Dunno if this is their first look at Thomas or not. I also don't think a firm offer is coming (at least not today) but possibly down the road.

My guess is, given his grade situation, Thomas is probably a "Plan B" guy for Georgia. but then again maybe not at this point, who knows?

Sounds like as Anomander pointed out, its Georgia considering getting involved. Coming to meet with him.

Dunno if this is their first look at Thomas or not. I also don't think a firm offer is coming (at least not today) but possibly down the road.

My guess is, given his grade situation, Thomas is probably a "Plan B" guy for Georgia. but then again maybe not at this point, who knows?

Very well could be a lot of options. He is in state so preferred walk on or gray shirt could be on the table, or he may very well be a plan A or B kid. They currently only have 16 commits, 1 of which in a LBer.

Georgia... Hope he makes the OV... Anything can happen, but beating out a local SEC program... ugh

Georgia... Hope he makes the OV... Anything can happen, but beating out a local SEC program... ugh

I agree, like OU if Georgia gives him a firm offer he is gone. However he did just Tweet a bit ago "Wasting my time" so if we are lucky he is talking about UGA wasting his time with their visit. Could be about a girl for all I know too!

I agree, like OU if Georgia gives him a firm offer he is gone. However he did just Tweet a bit ago "Wasting my time" so if we are lucky he is talking about UGA wasting his time with their visit. Could be about a girl for all I know too!
While it could be anything, hopefully it is UGA wasting his time wanting him to Greyshirt or something of that ilk, so that he does end up here.

His OV is 1/31 for the Duke game right?

While it could be anything, hopefully it is UGA wasting his time wanting him to Greyshirt or something of that ilk, so that he does end up here.

His OV is 1/31 for the Duke game right?

Yes that is right. As of now, he and Enoicy are the only two uncommitted kids visiting. Duke weekend, you figure they will add a few more, hopefully Wilbon is one of them

Yes that is right. As of now, he and Enoicy are the only two uncommitted kids visiting. Duke weekend, you figure they will add a few more, hopefully Wilbon is one of them

Well considering we only have like 5 open spots, and just hosted a handful of uncommitted kids this weekend, so it makes sense that we don't have a lot of kids coming in for Duke.

I assume Cooper, Wayne and probably AJ are all backdated to last year's class right? They wouldn't punt towards the 2014 class.

I assume Cooper, Wayne and probably AJ are all backdated to last year's class right? They wouldn't punt towards the 2014 class.

OrangeExtreme has counted the returning players at 64. So no matter what class you count them towards you can only have 85 players total. But I keep hearing that they will take 24-25. Can only guess that some non-qualifyers will be grayshirted.

We will start to find out what the real deal is at the start of the first spring practice

Last edited:
So here's a question, with the news in the "tidbits" thread that we have at the very least significantly impressed Watson, if not flipped him from Kansas already, is there a chance we drop out of the running for Thomas's services given our number of LB commits?

If so I'd feel bad for Thomas, tons of skills but academic issues may cause him to be left out in the cold with top programs

So here's a question, with the news in the "tidbits" thread that we have at the very least significantly impressed Watson, if not flipped him from Kansas already, is there a chance we drop out of the running for Thomas's services given our number of LB commits?

If so I'd feel bad for Thomas, tons of skills but academic issues may cause him to be left out in the cold with top programs
I can't see the staff saying no to either Watson or Thomas. Back when Cabinda was still committed the plan was still to add another LB.

I can't see the staff saying no to either Watson or Thomas. Back when Cabinda was still committed the plan was still to add another LB.

Good, both kids are quality players, and would look great in orange.

But with 5 LB s(counting Thomas and Watson) I'd expect 2015 would be pretty close to LB-less