Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

We can still sign him and send him to a prep school. That's if his grades are not up to par. Then this would count towards the next class. I really hate to see kids in this position.

Good, both kids are quality players, and would look great in orange.

But with 5 LB s(counting Thomas and Watson) I'd expect 2015 would be pretty close to LB-less
Yup...pretty heavy on WR and LB this year. Need RB and some more Linemen next year...

Do any of the LBS have the potential to bulk up and be edge rushing DEs?

Don't hold your breath on Watson... I'm really hoping for Thomas, I think he's a good one.
That's upsetting... I'd like to to Kyron lighting up some monster hits in the dome!!!

If UGA or some other new team doesn't offer him, we should have him and damn he can play

keep in mind he's not qualified. i'd guess the plan would be to hope for the best, stash him in prep school next year if he doesn't end up qualifying.

keep in mind he's not qualified. i'd guess the plan would be to hope for the best, stash him in prep school next year if he doesn't end up qualifying.

Which is fine IMO. We have had a better track record with most of the kids we are sending to prep school these days. Even Wayne Williams made it.

I think we are at the point where we can take risks on a few kids now. Our depth has improved to the point that most freshmen are redshirting anyway.

imo we don't have a prayer to hang onto him if he goes prep or JC...I really think we are going to try and get him qualified

imo we don't have a prayer to hang onto him if he goes prep or JC...I really think we are going to try and get him qualified

If we place him at a prep school that makes kids stick with commitments (which Jireh and Milford have done, and any prep school worth anything would do), I don't see why we wouldn't "have a prayer."

That being said, we would of course rather have him qualify.

If we place him at a prep school that makes kids stick with commitments (which Jireh and Milford have done, and any prep school worth anything would do), I don't see why we wouldn't "have a prayer."

That being said, we would of course rather have him qualify.

I really think we feel we can get him qualified. His academic "problems" were early in HS, and has said to have made great steps in getting everything straight. It may come down to the wire, but with all the late renewed interest there must be more schools than SU that feel they can get him qualified. OU backing off I think had more to do with better options with no risk. Plus OU doesn't regularly take a chance on potential non QF's.

The only reason I say we wouldn't have a chance is because he is seemingly looking to jump at any perceived bigger offer. This isn't like Corey Cooper who was going to choose Cuse regardless because of George McDonald, or kids we sent to Milford who had limited options. This kid will have all sorts of big time options if he has to go the prep or JC route. I just find it really hard to believe he would stick with us if local SEC schools come calling.

I really think we feel we can get him qualified. His academic "problems" were early in HS, and has said to have made great steps in getting everything straight. It may come down to the wire, but with all the late renewed interest there must be more schools than SU that feel they can get him qualified. OU backing off I think had more to do with better options with no risk. Plus OU doesn't regularly take a chance on potential non QF's.

The only reason I say we wouldn't have a chance is because he is seemingly looking to jump at any perceived bigger offer. This isn't like Corey Cooper who was going to choose Cuse regardless because of George McDonald, or kids we sent to Milford who had limited options. This kid will have all sorts of big time options if he has to go the prep or JC route. I just find it really hard to believe he would stick with us if local SEC schools come calling.

I completely agree, if he commits to us, we have to get him eligible or it is over. He does well in prep school and SEC, OU etc. will be all over him and he will go that route.

I completely agree, if he commits to us, we have to get him eligible or it is over. He does well in prep school and SEC, OU etc. will be all over him and he will go that route.
It looks very promising for SU to get him and he's working very hard to qualify. I would say he very likely to commit on his visit

It looks very promising for SU to get him and he's working very hard to qualify. I would say he very likely to commit on his visit

Yep, we just have to hope that UGA and now Miami don't offer. If they don't we should have him

It's a cold weather school. Is that vague enough or am I in trouble now?
I was surprised when I read the interview. For a school with terrible facilities and all that snow they seem to be on the verge of a monster recruiting year. Not sure how they are doing it without a regulation-sized indoor practice facility to shield them from all that snow. Did I mention the snow?

VirginiaOrange said:
I was surprised when I read the interview. For a school with terrible facilities and all that snow they seem to be on the verge of a monster recruiting year. Not sure how they are doing it without a regulation-sized indoor practice facility to shield them from all that snow. Did I mention the snow?
in my eyes were the best program in the nation finally recruits seeing that!