Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

I wonder if this is about qualifying, another last minute recruiting pitch or just the whole process. Don't envy what some of these kids are going through.

I think it is about being 17/18 and about making the biggest decision of your life so far. I would be stressed too.

my guess is he's getting late interest. I just hope it's not from either of the in-state schools.

I've been keeping an eye on them and it looks like Georgia is coming down to the wire on prospects - as well as concerns some committed kids might flipping tomorrow. If these schools lose out they're going to have spots available.

(imagine if kids like Zaire Franklin or Roberts or Custis etc flipped on signing day - talk about getting screwed. That happens a lot in the SEC).

Anyhow - for those really interested in Georgia and Georgia Tech coming down the stretch it doesn't get much better than the Atlanta Journal.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/28/ugas-big-board-for-2014/

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/28/georgia-techs-big-board-for-2014/

my guess is he's getting late interest. I just hope it's not from either of the in-state schools.

I've been keeping an eye on them and it looks like Georgia is coming down to the wire on prospects - as well as concerns some committed kids might flipping tomorrow. If these schools lose out they're going to have spots available.

(imagine if kids like Zaire Franklin or Roberts or Custis etc flipped on signing day - talk about getting screwed. That happens a lot in the SEC).

Anyhow - for those really interested in Georgia and Georgia Tech coming down the stretch it doesn't get much better than the Atlanta Journal.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/28/ugas-big-board-for-2014/

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/28/georgia-techs-big-board-for-2014/
Since it's as dead period do the coaches have to push his HS coach to talk to him for them?

Since it's as dead period do the coaches have to push his HS coach to talk to him for them?

I remembered you posted this before...

A Dead Period is one of the most confused periods. In a nutshell, coaches are not allowed to meet with you on or off campus during this time. So here is what is allowed during a Dead Period

• Letters/Emails
  • Calls
  • Visits to a college, but you may not meet with a coach

• So if the rules are the same for all Dead periods I guess that they get their "one phone call" to the commit before tomorrow.

I remembered you posted this before...

A Dead Period is one of the most confused periods. In a nutshell, coaches are not allowed to meet with you on or off campus during this time. So here is what is allowed during a Dead Period

• Letters/Emails
  • Calls
  • Visits to a college, but you may not meet with a coach

• So if the rules are the same for all Dead periods I guess that they get their "one phone call" to the commit before tomorrow.
I was thinking that was a quiet period. What a messy situation I guess it's full blast call and email time.

If you had Georgia or Georgia Tech telling you to hold off on signing that LOI tomorrow because
they might have an LOI to you by say 2pm, I could see that being a little stressful.

If we hold on to Thomas, he is my defensive candidate for immediate impact next year. Hard choice as right behind him in any order you want to put them is our other 3 LB's of this class. Could we lose him and be ok, I would say yes, but I want him, maybe its a gut feeling, but I think he will be something special on the field.

I check this thread daily for CuseLegacy to post a tweet from Jonny Bravo saying he's qualified.
Looks more like an OL candidate
th

Kid passes the eye test. Hopefully he passes the test test.

I am extremely confident that he will get qualifying SAT scores. It's not like he isn't a bright kid. He just didn't apply himself early in his HS career.

With that said he may have the highest ceiling of all our recruits and that's saying a lot. imo he, Moskal, and Franklin are each in the top 5 of my own personal recruiting rankings

Finally some high school linebackers realized that this defense exists so that they can make plays.

totally agree. if i was a LBer i would be all about Syracuse. Especially if your main strength is speed.