Class of 2015 - LB Troy Henderson JR (OH) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Troy Henderson JR (OH) Signed LOI

When was the last time Henderson visited Syracuse? Has he been back since the spring game?
I don't think he has been back since the spring game. Pretty far for a second unofficial. Seems like that visit made a huge impression on him, he would have committed back then if we would have taken his commit. I think it comes down to how the kid feels about us backing off and then jumping back in after Dawson picked Purdue. If that ticked him off, he will go to RU. If he can "forgive" that, then I think we are the favorite for him.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 49s
Was down to SU, Rutgers. RT @AllenTrieu: Nebraska offers Lakewood St. Edward (Ohio) 2015 LB Troy Henderson. Might change tomorrow's plans
Didn't look like we would've accepted the commit anyway, so hats off to Nebraska for screwing over Buttgers the day before a potential commitment. Not like the kid isn't high D1 caliber either. Even entertaining the fact that we wouldn't have accepted his commitment shows how far we've come in recruiting since the GROB debacle.

Didn't look like we would've accepted the commit anyway, so hats off to Nebraska for screwing over Buttgers the day before a potential commitment. Not like the kid isn't high D1 caliber either. Even entertaining the fact that we wouldn't have accepted his commitment shows how far we've come in recruiting since the GROB debacle.
why wouldn't they accept?

why wouldn't they accept?
Heard through the grapevine that he was a Plan B, and wanted to commit earlier in the year after a great visit for the spring game, but we wouldn't accept his commit then. Looks like we've put ourselves in the position to go after the bigger fish for our last few commits such as Fox and McKee for LBs.

Heard through the grapevine that he was a Plan B, and wanted to commit earlier in the year after a great visit for the spring game, but we wouldn't accept his commit then. Looks like we've put ourselves in the position to go after the bigger fish for our last few commits such as Fox and McKee for LBs.

We definitely would have accepted his commitment, but he has postponed it.

We definitely would have accepted his commitment, but he has postponed it.
Oh nice to hear. I personally believe that this kid could excel at the D1 level. Still would love him to be in orange, although Nebraska's gonna be a tough one to beat, just like Fox with Stanford.

Not a good development pretty good chance he would have committed to us tomorrow. And we would have accepted it. Oh well, let's see what happens

So let me get this right. Our B-list is now equal to Nebraska's B-list? My how times have changed! For the better!

Florange44

So let me get this right. Our B-list is now equal to Nebraska's B-list? My how times have changed! For the better!

Florange44

Lets see they beat PSU in OT ... lost handily to Minnesota ... for those not paying attention these aren't your mom and dad's Huskers ... then again they aren't Tom Osborne's either ... if it were 1997 then I'd be flattered ...

Lets see they beat PSU in OT ... lost handily to Minnesota ... for those not paying attention these aren't your mom and dad's Huskers ... then again they aren't Tom Osborne's either ... if it were 1997 then I'd be flattered ...
Yeah, I understand your Point but regardless of the facts, there isn't a single recruit in the country who doesn't think Nebraska has more cache that we do. if we are really recruiting similar players as they are, then we will eventually win games and close the gap.

Florange44

florange44 said:
Yeah, I understand your Point but regardless of the facts, there isn't a single recruit in the country who doesn't think Nebraska has more cache that we do. if we are really recruiting similar players as they are, then we will eventually win games and close the gap. Florange44

They do. But these kids don't remember our history and they don't remember theirs either. They have slightly more cache. Slightly.

They do. But these kids don't remember our history and they don't remember theirs either. They have slightly more cache. Slightly.

Seems like he was amped at the Idea of playing road games in warmer weather and home games in a controlled climate. The B1G can't really offer that regardless of the team. Nebraska is a big name program but they've lost some lustre since leaving the BEVO and I imagine convincing a kid to spend 4-5 years in Lincoln, NE is at least as trying as it is to get kids to deal with winters in Syracuse, NY. At least we have basketball in the winter and local entertainment year round. Not sure what people do in the plain states over the winter if they're not of drinking age.

Not sure what people do in the plain states over the winter if they're not of drinking age.

I'm willing to bet "people in the plain states" say the same thing about SU.

On a college campus, there is always something to get into. I wouldn't worry about him thinking he will have a hard time finding something to do in Nebraska if he goes there.

IthacaBarrel said:
They also have about 55,000 more people at their home games than we do and a state that pretty much shuts down on game day. There is that. Slightly more cache? Please. Let's not let's facts get in the way of a good argument. Geeze

Attendance? If that's all they have I'll take Upstate NY.

They also have about 55,000 more people at their home games than we do and a state that pretty much shuts down on game day. There is that. Slightly more cache? Please. Let's not let's facts get in the way of a good argument. Geeze

When you live in a state where the highlight is driving through a corn field that is what you get ... are those 55K putting helmets on? Maybe they should have just so they could beat mighty Minnesota ... I could care less what their attendance is ... on the field they are pretty much a peer ... do you consider them a title threat? I don't and ironically no one else does which puts them where most of the rest of the country sits. They aren't what they were in the 90s that is a simple fact ... I mean they finished behind freaking Iowa in the B1G .. IOWA! Who knows what will happen with Pelini ... sorry I don't buy the fact that they haven't taken a significant perception hit the last 10 years.

picking and shucking corn doesn't need to be done 7 days a week

College guys for the most part only really care about bars and girls. I'm sure there are plenty of both in Nebraska. I didn't really do a whole lot of sight seeing in Ithaca. Only after graduating did I figure out it was a pretty cool town.