Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again)

If we only see 20 players go into the portal this cycle, I will be happy.

Agree, this is the new world of college football.

If we get a coach a lot of the players are excited about, maybe we can limit the losses to single digits.

Sigh.

If this is the "best" player we lose in the portal I will be happy. I doubt it but I would be happy.

I want to win whichever bowl we’re in, it matters to me.
Ah.

I know you know this, but the bowls don’t matter at all now. Every decent player who’s leaving his school opts out. They’ve quickly become a glorified winter scrimmage between two schools.

I wouldn’t sweat winning. If the schools, coaches and players don’t care, the fans shouldn’t.

And the extra 15 practices that come with it?
I think barring a scenario like perhaps Bronco coming in we are going to likely be dealing with staff potentially departing and players these next 4 weeks. If we retain enough of the staff and starters then great and let's bowl. I am just guessing that there can be some unique transition happening. I could be wrong, my ole lady often says I am. Happy to be wrong here but I get the feeling that staff will be looking and players will be leaving while in transition here.

That means he’s already out of the bowl game. I guess the 13th game doesn’t mean that much.
If I’m on the staff, anyone who enters the portal with no intention of returning has no access to any of the football facilities. No exceptions.

I'm guessing it's a good thing you're not on staff. Nothing personal.

I was told Coach Campanile told the team if you're a grad transfer and enter the portal, you're welcome to stay for the bowl game. However, if you're not a graduate and enter the portal, best of luck to you. He encouraged players to wait a few days, talk to your families and make a well thought out decision that is best for you. Remember, the next coaching staff owes you nothing (or something to that affect).

This is second or third-hand information. Take it with a grain of salt or a shot of tequila.

Don't shoot the messenger.

At least this year we don’t have to worry about our HC or best assistant coaches from getting poached. So that’s a plus.

But yeah, drip by drip the best players are going to transfer the longer this coaching hire decision takes. Might have issues fielding a team for a bowl game.

Ah.

I know you know this, but the bowls don’t matter at all now. Every decent player who’s leaving his school opts out. They’ve quickly become a glorified winter scrimmage between two schools.

I wouldn’t sweat winning. If the schools, coaches and players don’t care, the fans shouldn’t.
I respectfully disagree. It matters to many (not all) players as well as many (not all) fans. People who don’t care about the bowls tend to speak as if they speak for everyone, but they do not.

No shade, just a pet peeve.

I respectfully disagree. It matters to many (not all) players as well as many (not all) fans. People who don’t care about the bowls tend to speak as if they speak for everyone, but they do not.

No shade, just a pet peeve.
I’m sure it matters to the players once they’re playing. They’re competitive and if you’re going to play you may as well play to win.

I love bowls and I’m disappointed to see how much they’ve been marginalized the past few years. But they really are just exhibitions at this point.

I'm guessing it's a good thing you're not on staff. Nothing personal.

I was told Coach Campanile told the team if you're a grad transfer and enter the portal, you're welcome to stay for the bowl game. However, if you're not a graduate and enter the portal, best of luck to you. He encouraged players to wait a few days, talk to your families and make a well thought out decision that is best for you. Remember, the next coaching staff owes you nothing (or something to that affect).

This is second or third-hand information. Take it with a grain of salt or a shot of tequila.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Now anyone with info is worried about being shot, SU fans what have ye done?

It's akin to Linton ... who didn't exactly kill it at Texas Tech (22 tackles, 3 sacks) after hearing about his NFL potential after he transferred to TT. All is not lost.
Lowery was probably our best defensive player this year. He’s not comparable to Linton in the slightest.

Gonna be a parade of guys, just how things work now even when you don’t make a coaching change. I am holding my breath in regards to our best offensive guys, we are hurting as far as skill position guys, really want to hang onto them, and I won’t say their names, it is the portal equivalent of saying Candyman three times

At least this year we don’t have to worry about our HC or best assistant coaches from getting poached. So that’s a plus.

But yeah, drip by drip the best players are going to transfer the longer this coaching hire decision takes. Might have issues fielding a team for a bowl game.
I have no doubt that offers have been pitched to our best players for quite some time now.

I imagine we lose 25-30 kids total and depending on new coach bring in 20+

Depth concerns will continue for another year

Lowery was probably our best defensive player this year. He’s not comparable to Linton in the slightest.
Funny heard the same thing about Linton being out best pash rusher and one of our better defenders here last year.

I imagine we lose 25-30 kids total and depending on new coach bring in 20+

Depth concerns will continue for another year

Well there lies the same excuse we've heard for 8 years. Darn, knew it would happen and hopefully the new HC can put a halt to a mass exodus...his first big challenge.

If we only see 20 players go into the portal this cycle, I will be happy.

Agree, this is the new world of college football.

If we get a coach a lot of the players are excited about, maybe we can limit the losses to single digits.

Sigh.
The longer the wait for a new coach, the more players will move on.

The longer the wait for a new coach, the more players will move on.

I don't think it matters. I think who the coach is matters to the players more than waiting a couple of extra days. We don't have very many big-name players but I imagine a lot if not all of them will be hitting the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom