Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again)

I respectfully disagree. It matters to many (not all) players as well as many (not all) fans. People who don’t care about the bowls tend to speak as if they speak for everyone, but they do not.

No shade, just a pet peeve.
Agreed. Winning is what matters. Making use of the extra 15 days of practice. Having practices that some recruits can see. Making sure the players also have fun … needs to be a good mix.

Linton barely played?
Barely played where? Here? This thread speaks volumes about how the mindset was exactly the same when he announced.

I can provide quote snippets but feel free to start on page 1 ... same reactions. Linton played and was one of our best pass rushers a little softer vs the run. It's deja vu.

Well there lies the same excuse we've heard for 8 years. Darn, knew it would happen and hopefully the new HC can put a halt to a mass exodus...his first big challenge.
I agree. I don't think it can be justified as an excuse in the portal era but that will be tossed out there

Linton barely played?
Actually these are your own words:

"Weight or not he’s a menace when he’s on the field. Didn’t matter that he didn’t weigh 25lbs more he was one of the only DL players that made big plays. I’ll take Steve. Any day of the week over some random guy that weighs 25lbs more and fits the profile. This is a huge loss for an already weak unit."

So ... what else we got?

Ah.

I know you know this, but the bowls don’t matter at all now. Every decent player who’s leaving his school opts out. They’ve quickly become a glorified winter scrimmage between two schools.

I wouldn’t sweat winning. If the schools, coaches and players don’t care, the fans shouldn’t.
Basically the lower tier bowls are the Boeheim's Army of winter holiday football.

And that's actually kind of awesome.

I'd rather watch that, than not.

I was told Coach Campanile told the team if you're a grad transfer and enter the portal, you're welcome to stay for the bowl game. However, if you're not a graduate and enter the portal, best of luck to you. He encouraged players to wait a few days, talk to your families and make a well thought out decision that is best for you. Remember, the next coaching staff owes you nothing (or something to that affect).
While I appreciate his honesty, that comment about the next staff not owing them anything is maybe just a little more honest than needs be at the moment. That's setting an expectation that the new staff may not agree with.

Do we have the overall national stats of 1) players who and get picked up and more importantly 2) actually make an impact on new team

Actually these are your own words:

"Weight or not he’s a menace when he’s on the field. Didn’t matter that he didn’t weigh 25lbs more he was one of the only DL players that made big plays. I’ll take Steve. Any day of the week over some random guy that weighs 25lbs more and fits the profile. This is a huge loss for an already weak unit."

So ... what else we got?
Linton was good when he actually got on the field. Even still, comparing Lowery who actually does start and has shown to be very productive as a sophomore isn’t even in the same ball field as Linton.

While I appreciate his honesty, that comment about the next staff not owing them anything is maybe just a little more honest than needs be at the moment. That's setting an expectation that the new staff may not agree with.
Yeah if that's what he said or how he feels, I would hope we don't reciprocate if someone asks the University for a reference on him. Prefer we be better than that.

Linton was good when he actually got on the field. Even still, comparing Lowery who actually does start and has shown to be very productive as a sophomore isn’t even in the same ball field as Linton.
Lowery 46 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 7.5 TFLs and 1 Fumble recovery

Linton in 2022 had 22 tackles, 6 TFLs, 3.5 sacks and 2 Fumble recoveries

So a guy who didn’t start put up nearly identical numbers to the full time guy but full time guy more impactful because he has 14 more tackles … ok got it.

This board has revisionist history at times.

At least this year we don’t have to worry about our HC or best assistant coaches from getting poached. So that’s a plus.
E40AD81B-7E8C-4396-BC17-3352051737DC.gif

Barely played where? Here? This thread speaks volumes about how the mindset was exactly the same when he announced.

I can provide quote snippets but feel free to start on page 1 ... same reactions. Linton played and was one of our best pass rushers a little softer vs the run.

Lowery 46 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 7.5 TFLs and 1 Fumble recovery

Linton in 2022 had 22 tackles, 6 TFLs, 3.5 sacks and 2 Fumble recoveries

So a guy who didn’t start put up nearly identical numbers to the full time guy but full time guy more impactful because he has 14 more tackles … ok got it.

This board has revisionist history at times.
Exactly, so i was right about Linton just like i said. Lowery did that as a sophomore. I know you like to go back and forth and get the last word in so i’ll just leave it at this. They’re obviously going to lose kids to the new NIL portal, especially the good ones. It’s the way it is. But the people that discredit the kids we lose like Duce, Carter, Linton and now Lowery and think we will replace them with someone from a program with a better pedigree that never played are just kidding themselves. It’s shocking people are surprised our defense took a huge step back this season.

Exactly, so i was right about Linton just like i said. Lowery did that as a sophomore. I know you like to go back and forth and get the last word in so i’ll just leave it at this. They’re obviously going to lose kids to the new NIL portal, especially the good ones. It’s the way it is. But the people that discredit the kids we lose like Duce, Carter, Linton and now Lowery and think we will replace them with someone from a program with a better pedigree that never played are just kidding themselves. It’s shocking people are surprised our defense took a huge step back this season.
I have in no way discredited anyone I’m just not spouting hyperbole every time some one hits the portal. I said the two were comparable and worthy of the same level of transfer response, sucks they left but the program will move on. All they did was replace Linton with Lowrey and they will replace Lowery with someone else and we have no idea how that replacement will fair. Lowery wasn’t our best defensive player, we aren’t doomed and we will see another day. I wish him well but I’m not getting wrapped up in doonsday hyperbole each time someone portals. You made Linton out to be a big loss (your own words) same as Lowery and I also see them as comparable but not program changing … so be it.

I’m not the only one on the board that goes back and forth but I’m giving you your own words to cement my counter argument. Don’t really give a damn what else you think, you don’t want the discussion don’t reply I could care less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom