LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

If the decision is not changed, I do not see him returning to SU for the Spring 2024. As it stands, SU is the best chance he plays ball in the fall. What other options does he have? Could he walk-on at Rutgers with in-state tuition? Transfer Portal is not open until December 2023. If he plays JUCO, he'll use up eligibility there.

Scholarship or not, he'd be unable to play in the 2023 season if he transfers elsewhere at this point, unless he got an immediate hardship waiver from the NCAA (which I highly doubt would be granted in this case).

So what’s the fix here? SU Student Affairs says they made a mistake and reverse the decision?
Not good enough, the board itself has to be dissolved, the BOT, and Big donors need to stop this.
Their needs to be proper procedures set up for disciplinary action, and no students involved.
All decisions need to be properly documented, so that prejudice is not involved.

Definitely sarcasm, I can’t believe anyone could not consider the initiator to be the more guilty of the two parties.
So...

It's possible the other student didn't face a code of conduct violation charge because they had already graduated.

But supposedly the student had been in at least one other fight that evening. I assume with other students. Did any of those students also get suspended for 2 semesters?

It sounds like the other student was granted a right to self defense and was justified harming Allen, but Allen was not.

It really does not seem to make sense.

Not good enough, the board itself has to be dissolved, the BOT, and Big donors need to stop this.
Their needs to be proper procedures set up for disciplinary action, and no students involved.
All decisions need to be properly documented, so that prejudice is not involved.
I'm not opposed to having other students be a part of this. "Jury of your peers". Obviously, the entire process needs restructuring. Do it right, and other students who truly are impartial and without prejudice can make the process work.

Kent Syverud
Chancellor and President
chancellor

Candace Campbell Jackson
Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff
candace1

It's not allowing me to print their emails, but just add "at sign syr dot edu" to "chancellor" and "candace1" and you can let them know your thoughts in writing.
Meh on Candace. When Shy Cullen had his academic issues I reached out to her...crickets.

Why are people here blaming the athletics department where they have absolutely no control over this? It's the administration.

This is higher than the AD. Would LOVE to get Dino and JW's thoughts...

Agree, Dino let LA play in the spring game and participate in Spring practice…..that tells you what he thinks about the situation..

JW didn’t hand out this punishment…

This is all on the academic side of the school and with the code of conduct…

“The student board can only take Allen’s actions into account” is the most batsheeit insane official policy humanly possible. Lawyers have to be getting migraines reading that. If someone is charging at Allen with a knife he better not slap it out of his hand. He could hurt the dudes fingers!

And the other part of this, this is ruining his college life as a student and athlete, ruining his future possibly as a nfl player and potentially costing him millions. This is why I don’t see him coming back because the anger I would have toward the university, zero percent chance they are getting my skills set. I cannot believe this is all real.
If he has t-shirts or any other NIL stuff going on I am going to make sure that I support him. LeQuint must really love playing football for Syracuse, Dino and his staff to be going through all of this.

The fanbase should love this kid.

This is where that giant dork Syverud should stand up and say you know what, I should probably do something about this. And if wildhack doesn’t step up either, this is a bigger clown show than I thought over there and everyone is a bigger coward than I previously thought. Someone have some balls. Please. Just once with this university

Or maybe they should try to orchestrate things behind the scenes, and not come forward publicly to avoid seeming like they are giving preferential treatment to an athlete.

I want to be clear -- I believe that Allen is getting railroaded, and intervention is required to avoid the kid's life getting ruined by some middle-management bureaucrat [looking at you Caitlin].

But I don't think that JW or Kent should come forward to say anything. But they can push for different outcomes behind the scenes, and drive change.

Actual photo of the student board

04FFA5EF-21DC-423D-801F-9772E830E560.jpeg

Or maybe they should try to orchestrate things behind the scenes, and not come forward publicly to avoid seeming like they are giving preferential treatment to an athlete.

I want to be clear -- I believe that Allen is getting railroaded, and intervention is required to avoid the kid's life getting ruined by some middle-management bureaucrat [looking at you Caitlin].

But I don't think that JW or Kent should come forward to say anything. But they can push for different outcomes behind the scenes, and drive change.
Totally agree and that’s what I meant. Doesn’t have to be forward facing. But these adults job is to help kids and they need to intervene to help him. Flat out

“The student board can only take Allen’s actions into account” is the most batsheeit insane official policy humanly possible. Lawyers have to be getting migraines reading that. If someone is charging at Allen with a knife he better not slap it out of his hand. He could hurt the dudes fingers!
Wait you’re telling me it’s not appropriate to judge someone on their actions in a vacuum?

None of this surprises me. It’s a system set up to make people who are incapable of working in the real world feel powerful and gives them the ability to put their self righteous nonsense to work.

It’s a system that employs people who are paid to not think and interpret but just to apply a rule set irrespective of whether applying it is in the spirit of why the rule exists.

Anyone else think it's laughable that SU's Student Conduct Investigator got her BS in Business Administration and CULINARY ARTS. Seriously?

"Caitie received her MS in Educational Administration and Policy Studies from the University of Albany and her BS in Business Administration and Culinary Arts at SUNY Cobleskill."

Anyone else think it's laughable that SU's Student Conduct Investigator got her BS in Business Administration and CULINARY ARTS. Seriously?

"Caitie received her MS in Educational Administration and Policy Studies from the University of Albany and her BS in Business Administration and Culinary Arts at SUNY Cobleskill."
Her MS is far more relevant than her BS. This isn't really a fair criticism.

In the real world, if Caitie was a customer service rep and just blindly enforced a rule without considering the circumstances, it would get e escalated to a supervisor (the one that is allowed to think freely) and an exception would be made.

Let’s hope that’s what happens here. Because someone above her pay grade needs to nut up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom