LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

If the chancellor got involved would that result in an ncaa violation. My thought if they go against procedure the ncaa would claim benefit to the athlete. It may be the reason he had to file a lawsuit. Judge not associated with the university.
The Chancellor would be overturning his suspension to be a student at Syracuse University, and it's based on a massive miscarriage of justice, the evidence of which is piling up by the day. It would have nothing to do with athletics.

They’ll have to find him first! 100% closed practice, no cameras.

Sneak him into the Dome through a side door for game 1. Hide him in the Otto costume until game time, and then unleash him.

We’ll just play him in road games and the idiotic home game at Yankee Stadium that maybe isn’t so idiotic now.

If the chancellor got involved would that result in an ncaa violation. My thought if they go against procedure the ncaa would claim benefit to the athlete. It may be the reason he had to file a lawsuit. Judge not associated with the university.
The root cause of the injustice here, and the public outcry, appears to be a disciplinary rule that excluded evidence of the other person's conduct. Because of that rule, the alleged "victim" wasn't present at the hearing. Proof of his serious injury (needed for Assault 3d) was scant. And testimony about his initial assault (that LQA was responding to) appears to have been minimal. True, student disciplinary hearings aren't supposed to be supreme court cases. But the procedures followed here invited an unjust outcome.

At this point, SU is facing a crisis largely of its own making. Its disciplinary process has been exposed as arbitrary and punitive. Internal boards ignored the accused's truthfulness and contrition, deprived him of the opportunity to argue self-defense, meted out a disproportionate penalty and then refused to adjust the sentence on appeal. Ironically, even as SU justifiably takes it in the teeth in the media (;)), the lawsuit may be its best option to stop the bleeding (!). An outside forum gives it enough "cover" to work out a reduced disposition without looking like it's coddling a star athlete.

Last edited:
Basically what this decision says is that LeQuint was only guilty of being a matriculated student. Because if he had already graduated he’d be outside the Kangaroo court’s authority and the DA obviously wasn’t pushing this case.

The optics here are abysmal.

Let’s not forget that a 18/19 year old came with a list of recommended punishments, completely owning up to his wrong doing, and the University said… no thanks, 2 semester-suspension is better.

A great lesson to teach the students!

I think this entire situation goes to show what a lot of people have claimed for a long time that people on this board refuse to acknowledge. Syracuse is not that serious about sports, and it starts at the top. Nothing but silence from Kent.

Just a simple comment about this is being reviewed further would go a long long way. But no, silence makes everything worse. He’s allowing a young student be harassed for a decision that was probably wrong, but possibly right. The fact he hasn’t made a comment one way or another to deflect attention off a student is inconceivable to me. It’s not just about making the proper decision with the student athlete. But it’s also about protecting a student/process that is so out of touch with reality.

They’ll have to find him first! 100% closed practice, no cameras.

Sneak him into the Dome through a side door for game 1. Hide him in the Otto costume until game time, and then unleash him.

I won't tell if you don't.

If Dino and Red didn’t seem like exceptionally likable people with a lot of built up good will from me, I don’t think I’d find it that hard to walk away and find other things to occupy the ridiculous amount of time I waste on this crap.

Like, if we had Edsall and Hurley, I’d be GONE.

Going to go out on a limb and say this is out of Wildhack‘s control with Kent being muzzled by lawyers for the time being.
Fuggayou GD lawyers (not the ones on this board, you're cool, for now)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom