LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

As others have referenced, this stuff has been going on longgggggggg before this person was ever an employee. Scapegoating will only hurt LeQuint and impair the credibility of those raising concerns.
Scape goating has nothing to do with this. Individuals who are in a position as powerful as hers have to be held accountable. She made a decision that is so out of bounds it absolutely demands to be reviewed and her decision-making process needs to be thoroughly examined. Her decision wasn't based on her reading a rule book and following the guidelines. Rather she made a ruling and imposed a penalty no sane or reasonable individual would ever make. Bottom line is that every one of her decisions needs to be reviewed as she undoubtedly has made numerous mistakes in the past.

So, what was Delone Carter’s punishment for his 1 punch?

IIRC, it wasn’t TWO SEMESTERS banishment from campus.

Which in LeQuint’s case, if not overturned, has likely ended his Syracuse career, and possibly his college athletics career -
How can he even transfer, if he’s no longer in good academic standing??

This is total BS, regardless of whether there was a football player involved, or not.

The fact that it will actively hurt our athletics programs moving forward, is just the gravy on the icing.

Good luck with crootin now.
Especially in NJ.

You're wrong. Unless there is a written list of punishments for each offense in the handbook that she literally read off, then she can't fall back on the following orders defense. As of right now it appears she dished out a punishment that is highly punitive and arbitrary.

The kangaroo court has complete autonomy at SU and she is definitely not a tiny cog in a big machine.

However, I'm sure we all agree, no one should threaten her or anybody and I didn't even see it suggested.
It’s not the person. People before her were doling out the same idiotic punishments. The Dean of Student department has been broken for a long time.

25 years ago, when I was dragged in there, it was an absolute kangaroo court.

"Why was there alcohol in your dorm room at 7pm on Saturday?"

"I don't know. I left the room hours earlier and was across campus at a friend's dorm. I didn't even return until well after midnight"

"Your roommate said it was your alcohol"

"It wasn't. I wasn't there all day. He was drinking. I barely drink and have never bought alcohol. He brought it in and was playing playstation with his friends and drinking. That is what the RA found. I was never even there."

"You are guilty. One year probation."

They have a pre-determined outcome in mind and nothing will change it.
Clearly, you should have brought the clerk from Liquor Square to the hearing to testify that you didn't buy any alcohol.
That's totally on you.

Self defense is weak, is very easy to say, until you're put in that position.
If someone is smashing your face in, either fight or flight kicks in, but I will say it’s hard to run (flight) until you have staved off the attack (fight),,,so glad I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s when you didn’t getting arrested for everything

Self defense here is weak. He should have never put himself in that situation.

It’s not like he was minding his own business and got tagged.

But the fact that he didn’t throw first and exited after he gained an advantage should be mitigating.
Something people are overlooking

The "victim" came back later on after Allen had left and gone back to his place

Syverud seems like a good person who's heart is in the right place but you can't overlook all of the screwups that have occurred on his watch. Even Buzz had a better record than him. Sorry, but he needs to be shown the door.
Is this an issue for the Chancellor or a Provost?

I am only half joking, but what sane person challenges a football player to a fight anyways? You're asking for a beating. Im old, but in my world if you punch another man in the face and they beat you senseless then you only have yourself to blame.

Self defense is weak, is very easy to say, until you're put in that position.
I’m not saying it’s not a valid defense in principle, it does vary widely by state, but the fact is he put himself in that position, which he acknowledged.

he contributed to the situation

Is this an issue for the Chancellor or a Provost?

I am only half joking, but what sane person challenges a football player to a fight anyways? You're asking for a beating. Im old, but in my world if you punch another man in the face and they beat you senseless then you only have yourself to blame.
DC

A good friend of mine is a professor and faculty athletic representative at a D1/FBS university. He has served in that position for 25 years and is very well-versed in how universities handle situations like these.

He attends NCAA conferences each year with other FARs and is considered one of the country's best FARs at any university.

He sent me this after I emailed him the Post Standard article from this morning:

"Wow. I had not heard of this situation.

Generally, our university allows the coach to punish the player for any conduct that reflects poorly on the university and team. The AD talks to the coach and acts as a sounding board. My guess is if this was to happen here, the student-athlete would sit for a game at most and probably have their scholarship reduced. We also have had student-athletes meet a community service commitment. NCAA prevents physical punishment, e.g., run until you puke.

I doubt OCS would get involved in adjudicating a fight off campus."

I’m not saying it’s not a valid defense in principle, it does vary widely by state, but the fact is he put himself in that position, which he acknowledged.

he contributed to the situation
So what?

So, what was Delone Carter’s punishment for his 1 punch?

IIRC, it wasn’t TWO SEMESTERS banishment from campus.

Which in LeQuint’s case, if not overturned, has likely ended his Syracuse career, and possibly his college athletics career -
How can he even transfer, if he’s no longer in good academic standing??

This is total BS, regardless of whether there was a football player involved, or not.

The fact that it will actively hurt our athletics programs moving forward, is just the gravy on the icing.

Good luck with crootin now.
Especially in NJ.

It was a semester and a half, basically. It just happened to be the two semesters where football isn’t played (Spring and Summer). Although obviously he missed summer camp. It’s crazy though the Carter incident happened in April and he was suspended the remainder of the Spring semester and the Summer. Meanwhile, Allen’s incident occurred in DECEMBER and his suspension was for the following Fall and Spring. Doesn’t make sense and just further proof that these punishments are pretty arbitrary.

A good friend of mine is a professor and faculty athletic representative at a D1/FBS university. He has served in that position for 25 years and is very well-versed in how universities handle situations like these.

He attends NCAA conferences each year with other FARs and is considered one of the country's best FARs at any university.

He sent me this after I emailed him the Post Standard article from this morning:

Generally, our university allows the coach to punish the player for any conduct that reflects poorly on the university and team. The AD talks to the coach and acts as a sounding board. My guess is if this was to happen here, the student-athlete would sit for a game at most and probably have their scholarship reduced. We also have had student-athletes meet a community service commitment. NCAA prevents physical punishment, e.g., run until you puke.

A very fair take, although the fight took place on campus, not off.

How does a scholarship get reduced. Serious question

I just can't believe that there aren't smart people at the University who aren't trying to figure out a way out of this before they take any more damage. It's not going away.

It would take an hour for the Chancellor and Allen's lawyer to come up with a compromise solution, and another hour for his PR team to draft a statement, that arrives at a fair and equitable solution that makes him and his team look enlightened and fair and sympathetic and makes this story go away.

It boggles the mind that Syerud and the powers that be are letting this become a multi day story that is getting bigger and bigger, and I imagine will very soon blow up even bigger. I'd be shocked if Allen doesn't see a large well known national attorney join his team which will make this a national story.

Fix this before this happens.

Last edited:
I just can't believe that there aren't smart people at the University who aren't trying to figure out a way out of this before they take any more damage. It's not going away.

Side note - it would take an hour for the Chancellor and Allen's lawyer to come up with a compromise solution, and another hour for his PR team to draft a statement, that arrives at a fair and equitable solution that makes him and his team look enlightened and fair and sympathetic and makes this story go away.
If the chancellor got involved would that result in an ncaa violation. My thought if they go against procedure the ncaa would claim benefit to the athlete. It may be the reason he had to file a lawsuit. Judge not associated with the university.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom