LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

The only thing is I don’t think this should be about sports. It a case about basic fairness and reasonable use of discretion.
you're right, it's not just about sport, as I tried to point out, it's about life. In this case potentially ruining or at least seriously adversely effecting a kids life, again, unfairly so from all indications presently available and out there.

Last edited:
The only thing is I don’t think this should be about sports. It a case about basic fairness and reasonable use of discretion.
They need to disband this board and reorganize a new way to deal with student's.
It needs to be open, not to the public, but have a review board that reviews all decisions before any action is taken.
Students should be treated fairly with representation, also be told they don't have to incriminate themselves.

They need to disband this board and reorganize a new way to deal with student's.
It needs to be open, not to the public, but have a review board that reviews all decisions before any action is taken.
Students should be treated fairly with representation, also be told they don't have to incriminate themselves.
The link to Pace University’s policy I posted. Just adopt that and call it a day.

This will take likely a while.

Ruining a man’s career over this is way over the top. Just the fact that the other student lied should have put an end to any investigation.

To the folks fixating on this Caitie person: she is a tiny cog in a big machine. The mob mentality and fixation on her is bizarre and disgusting. You want change? Go after the institution. Looks like she was just doing what she is "supposed" to do based on SU's god-awful policy. That's what needs to be fixed. The last thing that needs to happen is SU staff receiving threatening messages and the school entrenching themselves even deeper. A lot of posters here seem to be doing things the right way and expressing their concerns in a professional manner. That's the only way to help LA and convince SU to adopt a different model.

To the folks fixating on this Caitie person: she is a tiny cog in a big machine. The mob mentality and fixation on her is bizarre and disgusting. You want change? Go after the institution. Looks like she was just doing what she is "supposed" to do based on SU's god-awful policy. That's what needs to be fixed. The last thing that needs to happen is SU staff receiving threatening messages and the school entrenching themselves even deeper. A lot of posters here seem to be doing things the right way and expressing their concerns in a professional manner. That's the only way to help LA and convince SU to adopt a different model.
That's a "I was only doing what I was ordered to do" defense?

Doxxing/Harassment is wrong and people following this should be above that. That's the only thing I agree with here. It is important to know who is behind the decisions that are being made on the Hill.

Nothing in the policy says you are supposed to hand down excessive penalties. That’s the issue with her role in this.

If the fixed policy for an incident of this nature is to get bounced for a year, who is going to knowingly pay money to sign up to walk into that mine field?

You're wrong. Unless there is a written list of punishments for each offense in the handbook that she literally read off, then she can't fall back on the following orders defense. As of right now it appears she dished out a punishment that is highly punitive and arbitrary.

The kangaroo court has complete autonomy at SU and she is definitely not a tiny cog in a big machine.

However, I'm sure we all agree, no one should threaten her or anybody and I didn't even see it suggested.

You're wrong. Unless there is a written list of punishment for each offense in the handbook that she literally read off, then she can't fall back on the following orders defense. As of right now it appears she dished out a punishment that is highly punitive and arbitrary.

The kangaroo court has complete autonomy at SU and she is definitely not a tiny cog in a big machine.

However, I'm sure we all agree, no one should threaten her or anybody and I didn't even see it suggested.
No rational, thoughtful person makes this kind of decision.

Besides impacting LeQuint's future, this will hurt recruitment of potential future NJ recruits that we are currently involved with.

This has become something that is out there, and the longer there is silence, the worse this gets for LeQuint, the football coaches recruiting, and SU overall.

From everything reported and the DA interview, I don't know how the school can let this go unresolved through the weekend.

The kid should be on campus, with his coaches and teammates - his support system.

He should be on campus, bettering himself and his future, in class, and on the field.

The "victim" is no longer a student. He is not a danger to the student population.

Time served, probation, community service, and move on.

Would hate to hear the school I donated to, athletic or otherwise, has this stance of self defense
Self defense here is weak. He should have never put himself in that situation.

It’s not like he was minding his own business and got tagged.

But the fact that he didn’t throw first and exited after he gained an advantage should be mitigating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom