LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

Hallelujah

Hadnt posted to this thread and just been reading as many pages as I had time for. I had not seen the board in soo much agreement over the past 3 years where everything has been divided from Covid, whether to play in 20, game day protocols, opinion of Dino, JB retirement, Adam Weitsman, etc. Glad Orange Nation was in agreement and made a difference to get a positive result for a young man who was being railroaded.

Credit where credit is due. Emily got this story confirmed quickly and got on the record quotes from the University and Allen’s attorney. That’s a great job.
Yup. I am sure this has been hard getting involved in a complex legal case like this without any background in that area.

Emily has handled this well.

Now where the hell is that article on where the defensive line stands as of right now?

Now the big question: will JJ push for PT? I actually really like how he runs and think he can be successful. I see LeQuint as more of a Jawar Jordan kind of back that has speed, but not much strength. Whereas I see JJ as more of a Sean Tucker back based on power/tackle shedding and ability to fall for a couple extra yards.

*disclaimer: this is in no way trying to say these players are of the same quality as the players they're compared to - just comparing the style of back*

1e1kmb.jpg
Gutter is a tool!!

Now the big question: will JJ push for PT? I actually really like how he runs and think he can be successful. I see LeQuint as more of a Jawar Jordan kind of back that has speed, but not much strength. Whereas I see JJ as more of a Sean Tucker back based on power/tackle shedding and ability to fall for a couple extra yards.

*disclaimer: this is in no way trying to say these players are of the same quality as the players they're compared to - just comparing the style of back*
JJ power back and blocker. Maybe STs too.

It is unfortunate LeQuint had to pay for a lawyer, lose access to the campus and spend so much time and effort fighting for something that should never had been at stake.

I can't even imagine what it must have been like to have to also deal with the murder of his father while all this was going on.

Happy justice has been served.

Happy our legal system sometimes still works,

Hopeful this shines a light on the hopelessly broken system Syracuse University has in place to deal with these issues and drives major reforms to get qualified people in decision making roles who use common sense and have open minds.

We have a law school. This shouldn't be that hard to get fixed.

It would have been so easy to say the hell with this university, go into the portal and go somewhere else. Impressed LeQuint stayed and fought for justice. So relieved his faith in the system was rewarded.

I will bet that Coach Babers and John Wildhack have spent many hours working behind the scenes to lobby for this result. Thanks to them and all the others who worked behind the scenes to get this awful situation fixed.

I was a LaQuint fan before all this happened. If only because I know he was the last player on the field after the spring game, posing for selfies with kids, signing their autographs and making them feel special. The security guards tried hard to get the kids out and end things early but LeQuint refused to let things end until every kid had his wishes fulfilled by our RB from NJ. That story alone makes me a fan for life.

Him staying makes him a hero to me.

Way to go LeQuint. You can bet Syracuse fans will be rooting for you this fall and beyond.

Stoked for the season. Given the lack of a long statement( zero issue with that) - I hope the university indeed takes a long overdue look at a broken process and there is more than one win here.

Nah Cuseregular, I'm taking credit that it was because of the 12 reply emails I sent back to the ticket office telling them I wasn't purchasing anymore tickets for any sport unless the LA suspension was lifted. :) lol
So now I imagine your next email will be to double your donation since they did the right thing!

This kid has been through enough. He’s gotta be so happy and he has a lot of new fans now too. I’m pumped he got the break he deserved. Now this team is going to be quite exciting. Wow

Good kid, awful situation. Glad that his life wasn't ruined over this incident.

AND we've made such great inroads recruiting New Jersey, it would have been bad to see that undermined by Allen being dismissed / forced to transfer. Hopefully we can put this behind us and continue to mine NJ for great system fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom