LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

IMG_5271.jpeg

Now the big question: will JJ push for PT? I actually really like how he runs and think he can be successful. I see LeQuint as more of a Jawar Jordan kind of back that has speed, but not much strength. Whereas I see JJ as more of a Sean Tucker back based on power/tackle shedding and ability to fall for a couple extra yards.

*disclaimer: this is in no way trying to say these players are of the same quality as the players they're compared to - just comparing the style of back*
I’d like us to allow more guys touches, you can’t work these gentleman to death. Tucker is still recovering from it and a similar situation at bc with AJ Dillon. Keep them fresh and dip into your stable.

Nice work by Melissa Swartz. Predictably SU came to its senses and used the lawsuit as an opportunity to clean up the mess left by its student judicial boards. Since LA is being reinstated in the fall, we can assume the parties modified the suspension to run during the spring semester, summer semester, or both, allowing him to rejoin the team for fall practice. As a start, this restores some proportionality.

Now that SU isn't fighting the lawsuit, it should use the extra time to reform the broken process it has in place for student discipline.

Last edited:
I am pleased.
Today a man who was unjustly accused, and father killed, was freed.

Finally, we saw Justice prevail.

And that Justice is all for the freedom of La Quint Allen.

He must be in total relief, all the anxiety gone.

Good for you LA, good for us, 81 pages of support, we did it for him, our brother.

And our reward, we saw our system allowed to be fair.

Now he will get to run as he has so well, and we will get to see him run and play for us, and for SU and for himself.

“I know there is Justice in our hearts.”

Thank God.

Hallelujah!

Last edited:
First, glad this worked out for LA. I was definitely on the side thinking that this was not going to go his way. The

Second, this is so huge. If you've seen what I post on the bball board, you know that I talk about changing the way we look at traditional positions (eg - stop looking at the five bball positions as PG, SG, SF, PF, C... that's outdated).

Meaning... LA helps out with our passing game tremendously. Yes, he can absolute run, but we need help catching the ball and if he wasn't available, I was very worried about our talent and depth in that area (I know, I know, we are all just waiting for those WRs to break out to be a legit #2 behind OG)...

Great for LA. Great for the team. Great for the fans.

Also, as others have noted, kudos to Emily for this. This has been THE story right now for SU football and she was on it.

I do wonder if there will be a statement regarding the reduction of the suspension from SU. It seems like some type of gag order agreement has been reached as LAs attorney said they will not further comment on him being reinstated.
Yeah, I struggle to see them address publicly. This whole thing was done to avoid more quotes.

I just hope it’s not in a vacuum and is addressed for the rest of the student body too.

I do wonder if there will be a statement regarding the reduction of the suspension from SU. It seems like some type of gag order agreement has been reached as LAs attorney said they will not further comment on him being reinstated.

We got him back. He gets to play. I honestly hope there won't be any other statements.

I'm fine with "looking forward to the season and being on the field with my teammates and coaches" and hearing that over and over again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom