Let the speculation begin | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Let the speculation begin

All the good beer out there being made and people still slugging Blue and Bud Light? That’s more depressing than yesterdays loss

Listen, if a beer got you through drinking out in the woods in three feet of snow at outdoor parties, and you survived each time, there is a special bond there.

You don’t just go to the fancy beer aisle all of a sudden when you get older, you stay loyal to who got you through those nights with your buddies.

Loyalty, people, loyalty.

Summer Beer GIF by LabattUSA

Listen, if a beer got you through drinking out in the woods in three feet of snow at outdoor parties, and you survived each time, there is a special bond there.

You don’t just go to the fancy beer aisle all of a sudden when you get older, you stay loyal to who got you through those nights with your buddies.

Love me a blue mid summer. Especially if I’m out on the lake.

It doesn’t even have to be fancy beer. But my God there’s 100 breweries that make a better pilsener we than Budweiser

All the good beer out there being made and people still slugging Blue and Bud Light? That’s more depressing than yesterdays loss
Sometimes you don’t need or want a 300 calorie, 7 percent alcohol, overpriced “craft beer”!

Sometimes a cold Blue Light does the trick. Though, it’s more of a summer beer to me.

Bud is never an option for me though, I agree.

It doesn’t even have to be fancy beer. But my God there’s 100 breweries that make a better pilsener we than Budweiser
Bud always gave me a headache after just 1 or 2. Always thought it was the hops. That's why Michelob was my beer of choice by my mid 20's. Now it's Sam Adams, soooo many choices!

I hate to admit it but I almost feel obligated to buy a Blue if I see it @ a restaurant in the south.

JB isn’t getting fired. The AD would tell him to retire. JB deserves that respect. Wording matters.
JB isn't going anywhere except coaching SU men's basketball, until he decides to stop. That was decided when the situation with Hop blew up.
No point in continuing to expect anything else.

You don’t have to renew his contract.

Plain and simple. If he won’t be graceful and exit then you let his contract expire.
That isn't happening, that's fairytale thinking. Half the fan base would leave.

JB doesn’t get to coach if he doesn’t have a contract.
Give me a break. He isn’t bigger than the program.
He already showed he is the program, that's why Hop left, because JB decided not to retire.

He already showed he is the program, that's why Hop left, because JB decided not to retire.
Mike left because he didn’t want to force his mentor out. If Mike didn’t leave he is the coach right now. He had a contract.
He was being step up to fail as he couldn’t make the final decisions and was going to inherit the roster without final day:

Mike did JB a favor. That wasn’t JB’s call at all. Mike didn’t want to force JB to retire.

Mike left because he didn’t want to force his mentor out. If Mike didn’t leave he is the coach right now. He had a contract.
He was being step up to fail as he couldn’t make the final decisions and was going to inherit the roster without final day:

Mike did JB a favor. That wasn’t JB’s call at all. Mike didn’t want to force JB to retire.
This is pretty accurate. Mike knew the transition was not going to be smooth.

Speculative question: How different would the roster be "talent wise" this year/coming years if one of the assistants led this team? Any insight as to them going after different types of players than JB?

How would the recruiting/retention strategy differ? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom