Should this be Shafer's last year?

• Yes- fire him now or as soon as the season is over

Votes: 131 69.3%
  • No, give him another year and see if things get better

Votes: 58 30.7%

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
If the anti-Shafer crowd is a vast majority or a vocal minority.

Last edited:

Leave him alone.

upload_2015-11-10_15-59-41.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a third choice:

3. Unsure-- let's see how the last three games pan out.
Agree. Win 2 and don't do dumb may be enough for another year.

Unsure is where I am right now as well. I can support either decision Mark Coyle would make, or decides not to make...

Everyone I speak to who is a fringe Syracuse fan (my wife, friends who will casually talk Syracuse, etc) are all through with Shafer. The Pitt game was waterloo for many. The no show last week confirmed it.

My kingdom for an 'h'!

I also type the world "eyar", errr..."year" well.

Actually i type very well in a language that has yet to be invented.
Fixed it for you.

I think the verdict is in. Does anybody think our offense, which is one of the worst in the nation, will beat 2 of the best defenses in the country?

i was a supporter until this last game advocating for an extension. no more--game management is horrible ---leaving dungy in finished me off. i am all in on the youth movement, but it is clear that he is not the guy to manage that-----

Everyone I speak to who is a fringe Syracuse fan (my wife, friends who will casually talk Syracuse, etc) are all through with Shafer. The Pitt game was waterloo for many. The no show last week confirmed it.

Interestingly, despite how this board can get sometimes, typically it's also the last bastion of support for a head coach. I've had similar experiences, most of my friends were well over P, Robinson and now Shafer while there was still significant "debate" on this board.

What is this?Its like asking the us to be members of a parole board! Well if thats the case, I'd like to give him another year. In other words, he should be in prison another year for stealing the $ he gets as a HC!

I was in a "wait and see" approach. But with last weeks dealings with Dungey I don't trust this coach to protect the QB anymore. He's more worried about his job then he was Dungey's future health last weekend. I can't condone that.

Good bye Shafer.

I voted for another year, mostly due to last year being a wash because of injuries, the loss of Hunt 5 mins into the regular season, and a very young rebuilding defense.
Another factor, IMO, is when I've read opposing teams forums after games, universally they've praised the effort of our kids.
Finally, there are way too many openings in CFB this year and the best choices are likely to have other options, which might leave us in the position of having to settle for less than our top choice.
One more year ought to settle things once & for all, IMO.

I voted for another year, mostly due to last year being a wash because of injuries, the loss of Hunt 5 mins into the regular season, and a very young rebuilding defense.
Another factor, IMO, is when I've read opposing teams forums after games, universally they've praised the effort of our kids.
Finally, there are way too many openings in CFB this year and the best choices are likely to have other options, which might leave us in the position of having to settle for less than our top choice.
How do we know there won't be as many if not more openings next year?

The coaching openings aren't any where close to even average this year. The last 10 years there have been between 15 (the low) opening and a high of 31 in 2013.

As it stands, there are only 10 this year.

So if Syracuse waits another year, what does the coaching pool look like- Edsall and Golden? No thanks. Let's get in this year's fight. Minnesota is going to stick with their interim guy, Illinois doesn't have an AD right now, and a couple of schools are going to wait to see what Chip Kelly does.

The coaching openings aren't any where close to even average this year. The last 10 years there have been between 15 (the low) opening and a high of 31 in 2013.

As it stands, there are only 10 this year.
There will be more after the season ends.

Should be a third choice as well.

C - Keep him if the BOT isn't willing to spend the money on a real HC in hopes that he learns from this year.
If they aren't willing to spend the money then they need to Adios. Seriously. This isn't the minor leagues anymore. If they don't start spending money on football then they can kiss fan support goodbye, including mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom