lets take a chill pill- | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

lets take a chill pill-

I don't see this year as down season. I see this year's season as a reason to drink more beer!

I don't see this year as down season. I see this year's season as a reason to drink more beer!

I will start using that principle as well.

Things aren't really bad at work. They are going good - after all they make me want to drink more on Friday nights.

We simply don't have the bodies. We can go as far as Rak, Cooney, and G take us. Maybe, Maybe, MAYBE if we make the dance, and we get a favorable draw, we can advance to the second weekend/Sweet 16. Even that would require a minor miracle.

Impending doom has also got plenty of posters on their heels to begin with. At this point with the players we have there isn't much to do except enjoy Christmas, hope Cooney and Mike make shots, watch Tyler get better and wait for Joseph's proverbial light-bulb moment.

jec1521 said:
We simply don't have the bodies. We can go as far as Rak, Cooney, and G take us. Maybe, Maybe, MAYBE if we make the dance, and we get a favorable draw, we can advance to the second weekend/Sweet 16. Even that would require a minor miracle.

This is how I feel about this situation. Not impossible and I wouldn't be shocked but not liking the odds.

jec1521 said:

This is how I feel about this situation. Not impossible and I wouldn't be shocked but not liking the odds.

screw the odds-full steam ahead

the ship is still afloat- some of the deck guns still fire and the captain is still at the helm - we can still give them all hell

LETS GO ORANGE

screw the odds-full steam ahead

the ship is still afloat- some of the deck guns still fire and the captain is still at the helm - we can still give them all hell

LETS GO ORANGE

Nice optimism but we are 20' underwater, so no we are not "sunk" yet. It is February and our best wins against RPI teams are 51 Iowa and 91 GT (by one point)... Our RPI is 61.

Nice optimism but we are 20' underwater, so no we are not "sunk" yet. It is February and our best wins against RPI teams are 51 Iowa and 91 GT (by one point)... Our RPI is 61.

exactly -we still have 4 weeks - acc tourney -

we didnt give up when the mexicans attacked at midway -we turned the mongolians back at pearl harbor -

and we have patton at the helm

for all you know that ship 20 foot under is really a sub

exactly -we still have 4 weeks - acc tourney -

we didnt give up when the mexicans attacked at midway -we turned the mongolians back at pearl harbor -

and we have patton at the helm

for all you know that ship 20 foot under is really a sub

4 weeks against competition that we haven't even come close to facing yet. We are RPI 61 while playing crap teams throughout the season.

I don't know if basketball is the same as comparing to war, I'm not sure it works.

i just cant fathom quitting on a team this early after what ive seen in 50 years of watching sports -

the strangest things happen in sports -

when its over its over - till then- keep the powder dry and dont stop firing

i just cant fathom quitting on a team this early after what ive seen in 50 years of watching sports -

the strangest things happen in sports -

when its over its over - till then- keep the powder dry and dont stop firing

I think you're confusing quitting and not having high expectations.

rosconey said:
i call BS - you guys have quit- dont lie to me our yourself

Lmao, I still plan my weeks around the basketball schedule. I still spend far too much time reading this board, I listen to countless talk shows everyday about Cuse hoops, and still talk hoops with everybody I know. My expectations may not be high but don't tell me I quit when I have so much time and passion about the program.

anyone who can see nothing but the negative -has quit- plain and simple

anyone who can see nothing but the negative -has quit- plain and simple

Well as long as you believe you're better than me and the majority of people on here good for you! :)

this Rosconey guy is a real hoot !!! When he grows up, reaches age 16, he will realize the difference between being a fan/realist and being one who uses only blind optimism.
He sees us losing at most two more games? If we win more than two, that is a HUGE upset. Silly talk.

this Rosconey guy is a real hoot !!! When he grows up, reaches age 16, he will realize the difference between being a fan/realist and being one who uses only blind optimism.
He sees us losing at most two more games? If we win more than two, that is a HUGE upset. Silly talk.

hey you can be a complete pos- it wont effect me in any way what so ever -

all you butmunch's want is to have a hand fest enjoying each others misery -

ive been around more than long enough to know -ITS AINT FREEKIN OVER TILL ITS OVER-

i also see a team thats had to learn to play all over again after a major injury - you guys act like these kids played at the frisco school for the disabled- they have been doing aau hishschool ect ect- just because you clowns quit- doesnt make it so for the team

hey you can be a complete pos- it wont effect me in any way what so ever -

all you butmunch's want is to have a hand fest enjoying each others misery -

ive been around more than long enough to know -ITS AINT FREEKIN OVER TILL ITS OVER-

i also see a team thats had to learn to play all over again after a major injury - you guys act like these kids played at the frisco school for the disabled- they have been doing aau hishschool ect ect- just because you clowns quit- doesnt make it so for the team

Yes, comebacks happen, season turnarounds happen and they're all great stories. But what do you think the percentages of those great stories are compared to the teams that stay on their current track? Having blind optimism doesn't make you a better fan than anybody here. I think it's safe to assume that the people that spend quite a bit of time here actually do love this team and program.

im not a better fan by any measure-

but for some reason i see stuff with this team no one else does- i just cant shake the fact this team imho can become special -

i call BS - you guys have quit- dont lie to me our yourself

Not having high expectations is not the same thing as quitting. Poverty has doubled in the last five years from 30 million to 60 million. The level of inequality between the haves and have nots is staggering. Saying "we have too much equality in this country" doesn't make it true.

Same thing with this year's team. It's not a question of enthusiasm. It's just a question of factual poverty. Every time I watch the Orange play I think they are going to win in my mind. I also think the same thing every time I buy a lottery ticket. But reality and my imagination many times just don't meet in the middle!

and i guess no one has noticed how really piss poor the the top 25 is right now -
we are still in it

and i guess no one has noticed how really piss poor the the top 25 is right now -
we are still in it

yes the top 25 is piss poor... and yet we are about 30 spots from cracking it. at best.

nothing but negative nellies -

its the second dam day of February -lots of time for things to change

Lmao, I still plan my weeks around the basketball schedule. I still spend far too much time reading this board, I listen to countless talk shows everyday about Cuse hoops, and still talk hoops with everybody I know. My expectations may not be high but don't tell me I quit when I have so much time and passion about the program.
Agreed - I think the definition of a fan is one who still watches and roots for the team even when things don't look good. Right now, I don't see us making the tourney. But I'll still watch every game I can (and yes, I probably spend too much time on this board as well). To me, that's the opposite of quitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom