Listening to press conference. | Syracusefan.com

Listening to press conference.

Anyone able to recap?
Here's what Nunes tweeted...this was Shafer's quote that's got people kind of scratching their heads:

BzEl4VICAAEyBM2.jpg:large

He's not wrong, mind you, but it seems like an odd quote for a postgame press conference.

More or less he sounded defeated. Talking about fighting to the end, a wonderful ISIS reference, a lot of nothing. It was the worst presser I've seen since grego's story time.

Here's what Nunes tweeted...this was Shafer's quote that's got people kind of scratching their heads:

He's not wrong, mind you, but it seems like an odd quote for a postgame press conference.
Lmaoooo if he tried that at an SEC school. Just wow... You're a football coach, not teaching philosophy, calm yourself.

That's scary.

jekelish said:
Here's what Nunes tweeted...this was Shafer's quote that's got people kind of scratching their heads: He's not wrong, mind you, but it seems like an odd quote for a postgame press conference.

Wow.

Sounds like he needs to pick some apples tomorrow.

cuseguy said:
The team needs to stop worrying about uniform combos.

We've become a program of gimmicks. The uniform clown show and the idea that playing top teams in NJ is somehow good for the program. We act like we are already a top 20 program instead of one that has to keep growing and developing.

At the very least make some changes. Try a young QB, get involved in the offense. Everything that has been "rebuilt" is going to be torn down.

I somehow managed to get through 5:55 of the presser. I was actually wincing involuntarily watching it. He keeps saying that, "we are going to fight our asses off" to get better. ISIS is beheading people, so none of this football stuff matters. Oh. My. God. And then he said that the team he coached in Northern Illinois once went 0-21 and they were trying to ride that coaching staff out of town.

I really hope the team doesn't watch this presser. It was embarrassing. If this was Flood at Rutgers this place would've had a field day pointing and laughing...and I would have joined the chorus.

I don't like where this is heading. At. All.

Last edited:
You know what? The more I think about this the more it infuriates me. It's a sport, yes, and it's college, of course, so in the grand scheme of things it's not as important as terrorism and all of the world's problems, but...

It's a freaking big business. There are a crap ton of people who rely on jobs in this industry and by putting a crap product on the field you're potentially hurting their job security, and that extends beyond just your assistants. There are people who could lose their freaking jobs if you get fired. Act like that matters.

Stuff you think and maybe say to your wife when you're out of ideas. Sad.

Did he really bring up ISIS? Did he forget ebola? How unfair is that?

Seriously. Football is a business. It is also a form of entertainment. It is meant for those moments that we want to forget that ISIS is chopping off heads. It is our moment of escape for the ills of the world. To bring this up in a press conference about a college football game is so not appropriate.

We've become a program of gimmicks. The uniform clown show and the idea that playing top teams in NJ is somehow good for the program. We act like we are already a top 20 program instead of one that has to keep growing and developing.
Worst uni combo ever...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom