Listening to the game on WAER | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Listening to the game on WAER

So you’re on the side of “the students suck” guy. Good choice.

Interesting. That wasn’t my interpretation at all from OrangePA’s post. But rather, both Tirico and Costas brought/had their A games even back in the day and when they both were broadcasting on WAER. Not implying at all that these or present day “students suck” in comparison.

It's a mixed bag. Some are very good and quite polished, while others still finding their way. At any rate, they're just kids and all of them are doing their best.
Yeah but how do we know they are doing their best?

Let me be clear. I do not want to hear a Syracuse broadcaster of any age or experience level have a verbal orgasm over an opposing player dunking to change the course of the game. It pisses me off. I hope none of you sanctimonious types didn’t hold back during the fat Joe, or coaches son(s) comments.

“I’ve sentenced kids younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn’t want to do it. Felt I owed it to them.”
You are aware that terrible things are sometimes assigned to these students? Stigmatic judgments called grades and comments. I know, I know, breath deeply. After all, they’re just students.

Let me be clear. I do not want to hear a Syracuse broadcaster of any age or experience level have a verbal orgasm over an opposing player dunking to change the course of the game. It pisses me off. I hope none of you sanctimonious types didn’t hold back during the fat Joe, or coaches son(s) comments.
It pisses me off”. Wow! Over the top much. Who cares about the announcers, really.
These are training games on a student run radio station. This is not a commmercial enterprise. The broadcasts are recorded, reviewed and critiqued, Some of the calls might me used for job applications.
Also, relax. It was a bad game between bad teams. It’s not worth getting pissed off about any of it.

They are not “Syracuse broadcasters”. They are student broadcasters, who pay $70,000.00 a year to learn how to broadcast sports so they might get a job paying $30,000 a year when they graduate. Matt Park is the Syracuse Broadcaster. Listen to him for your homerism.

This post and entire thread are flat out embarrassing.
Congratulations
Cry more.
Boo hoo an announcer isn’t a homer.
Embarrassing. This thread should be locked up and deleted.

This post and entire thread are flat out embarrassing.
Congratulations
Cry more.
Boo hoo an announcer isn’t a homer.
Embarrassing. This thread should be locked up and deleted.
Oh wounded! I am wounded!

Oh wounded! I am wounded!
I don’t care if you are wounded. It’s not the point of my post.
This thread is an embarrassment.
Again cry more because a student is calling the game in a non-homer manner and wants to actually develop their skills.
Congratulations.

This thread should be locked up and deleted.

Again cry more because a student is calling the game in a non-homer manner and wants to actually develop their skills.
Congratulations.

It means Newhouse is doing their job if they aren't homers.

Congratulations.

I’m not sure you understand. I was not being serious. What I was indicating was my complete disregard for your opinion. It isn’t worth it to me to engage. If they’re looking to develop their skills they should be looking for what doesn’t resonate with an audience. Again, my point about the players? What is said freely here about THOSE students who are trying to develop their skills? Having said that, I don’t care what you think, or about your embarrassment over a thread you have been reading and responding too.

It means Newhouse is doing their job if they aren't homers.
I have to say, there is a degree to this. If you are working for ESPN or a national broadcasting outlet that’s true. If you want to work for a team, you show empathy for the fan base and satisfy what they need to hear. An announcer for the Yankees who delights in the achievements of the opposing team to an extreme degree will not stay employed.

You're so far off on this it's ridiculous. They don't work for the team. They're students learning a craft. They are by and large excellent at what they do considering they are amateurs. I've been listening to them since 1978 and always find them enthusiastic and entertaining.

You're so far off on this it's ridiculous. They don't work for the team. They're students learning a craft. They are by and large excellent at what they do considering they are amateurs. I've been listening to them since 1978 and always find them enthusiastic and entertaining.
No, I’m not far off. I am expressing an opinion which is different from yours. I expressed in-game frustration with the only broadcast I was able to find. I would not listen to it again given a choice.

No, I’m not far off. I am expressing an opinion which is different from yours. I expressed in-game frustration with the only broadcast I was able to find. I would not listen to it again given a choice.
“Passionate” Dave could only find the WAER broadcast?

Sounds like you suck at being a fan.

“Passionate” Dave could only find the WAER broadcast?

Sounds like you suck at being a fan.
You are entitled to your opinion. That is without regard to what personal handicaps I may face with respect to broadcast media. See how that works? If you feel you have a basis to conclude I suck as a fan, you are entitled to that opinion. If you are in fact a twinky who feels that there are sacred cows against whom negative comments cannot be made, and are lashing out in what you view as a clever way, you’re entitled to do that. I think I pegged you right. You are wrapped up in your feelings of virtue and those feelings trump all else. You are a very angry person who trys to find benevolent causes as outlets for your uncomfortable rage. You have taken a flip comment made in frustration during a close game and blown it up into a “thing”. I stand by what I said. Look at when I said it. I have explained it. All that remains is this; schoochie, you are a good boy! You care so deeply for people, especially those voiceless souls who grab a microphone and practice before a live audience in a major division 1 sport. You sure put, me, “passionate” Dave, in my place. People just don’t understand how much you care, schooch, and how very angry it makes you. I understand. Better, my little man?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom