Looking for medical advice/broken rib | Syracusefan.com

Looking for medical advice/broken rib

4evaOrange

Go kick rocks you goober!!!
So I got a broken rib from January 31, I was on work restrictions no pushing pulling lifting over 10 pounds and no physical restraints, I work with youth.

My doc told me he would’ve taken me off everything only after a month. But when I talked to him Wednesday he said I’m good for everything at work but that I should not start lifting weights and he didn’t give me a straight answer since he said he shouldn’t be since its a workers comp case and they don’t do that.

But my question is when should I be able to lift weights again, cause I started with cardio again on Tuesday, and gonna work in walking, jogging, biking, sprints. But I wanna lift again so looking for a time table.

You must be a big hit with your patients doc.

5 star service for sure.

You know, you could just say, "you're right, I shouldn't look for medical advice on the internet" and leave it at that.

You know, you could just say, "you're right, I shouldn't look for medical advice on the internet" and leave it at that.
You know, you could have just kept scrolling and left it at that.

I will say this: got the best medical advice on here for my son. From a missed year, to major hip surgery, to starting goalkeeper.

Great, all the best. Never will understand it though.

I've come here for medical advice plenty of times. Somewhere there's a photo of me with my face pretty swollen up floating around here.

What's the point of having doctors on here, if we can't get a 2 minute "nah man, that lump on your eye is fine" or a "Yeaa I'd get that checked out".

We've had people as for lawyer advice here, tax advice, real estate, there was a dude diagnosing central AC units for people the other day. We had a 6 page thread about Dasher's knee! Hell, I felt like a doctor after that thread.
Pretty sure Kaiser saved my dog's life once back on TOS "Yo cusetroop, you should prolly get that dog an enema"

This is syracusefan.com... One stop shop, baby!

To the OP- don't rush it brotha, if it were me I'd milk it as long as possible. But I don't like to run, or lift weights.

I've come here for medical advice plenty of times. Somewhere there's a photo of me with my face pretty swollen up floating around here.

What's the point of having doctors on here, if we can't get a 2 minute "nah man, that lump on your eye is fine" or a "Yeaa I'd get that checked out".

We've had people as for lawyer advice here, tax advice, real estate, there was a dude diagnosing central AC units for people the other day. We had a 6 page thread about Dasher's knee! Hell, I felt like a doctor after that thread.
Pretty sure Kaiser saved my dog's life once back on TOS "Yo cusetroop, you should prolly get that dog an enema"

To the OP- don't rush it brotha, if it were me I'd milk it as long as possible. But I don't like to run, or lift weights.
Don't forget Love Potion advice.

So I got a broken rib from January 31, I was on work restrictions no pushing pulling lifting over 10 pounds and no physical restraints, I work with youth.

My doc told me he would’ve taken me off everything only after a month. But when I talked to him Wednesday he said I’m good for everything at work but that I should not start lifting weights and he didn’t give me a straight answer since he said he shouldn’t be since its a workers comp case and they don’t do that.

But my question is when should I be able to lift weights again, cause I started with cardio again on Tuesday, and gonna work in walking, jogging, biking, sprints. But I wanna lift again so looking for a time table.
The best advice this board has to offer is don't play zone, man-to-man only.

Thanks Chizzly, some people should just keep scrolling but they feel the need to reply.

Last edited:
Great, all the best. Never will understand it though.
Well, it wasn't medical advice , it was a referral. The #1 doc for that surgery was in NYC. We could not get in to see him. I asked for anyone with experience with this surgery. It came from It was from someone here who works in ORs all over CNY. Recommended 2 docs who do that particular surgery all the time. Did our due diligence. Picked one of the 2, mostly for ease of access. It was a great result.

Well, it wasn't medical advice , it was a referral. The #1 doc for that surgery was in NYC. We could not get in to see him. I asked for anyone with experience with this surgery. It came from It was from someone here who works in ORs all over CNY. Recommended 2 docs who do that particular surgery all the time. Did our due diligence. Picked one of the 2, mostly for ease of access. It was a great result.
I am going to run our new ad campaign by temery and cto soon.

Syracusefan.com. Saving lives, mending hips and dispensing love potion advice for Syracuse fans since 2000.

I can keep going…
Is there another phrase for “keep scrolling” that might be more applicable to somebody if they were outside and on their feet, that also includes a 4 letter word that starts with the letter “k”?