Louisville game thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville game thread

I have been a defender of McDonald but this feels like the Grob era where everyone knows there is no way we are going to get into the endzone on offense unless our punter throws/runs for a TD.

so who does Cuse hire after they fire Shafer? I say Tressel
You may be right. It is becoming difficult to see how we will be able to work our way back to a top 20 team using the current 'traditional SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY' approach. We may need to "break the mold" and do something BIG or we become a college football afterthought.

We have a QB who can't throw bubble screens and we are calling routes that require hunt to throw a pass over a defender.

That's happened multiple times tonight and he was finally picked.

Peyton Manning makes these throws. We can't.

It's not freaking hard. Where are the quick slants? The simple post routes ten yards down field?

I'm sick of people trying to twist this- we are a poor team. It's really that simple.
Hunt's shaky on the slants too.

Becoming clear we have a lot of problems.

nralecuse said:
You may be right. It is becoming difficult to see how we will be able to work our way back to a top 20 team using the current 'traditional SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY' approach. We may need to "break the mold" and do something BIG or we become a college football afterthought.
No need to be too dramatic. Give a good oc a promotion from a lesser school and recruits plain old accurate qbs.

The worst part there is that you could see Cam Lynch realizing exactly what was about to happen but being so far out of position because he was blitzing that he had no way of getting back to make a play on the screen pass.

offense is gump/pariani bad and that's sad.

shaf is gonna go down because his OC is terrible.

Well the D is about to cave. Can't blame them. How many times have we just given Louisville the ball back after 3 or 4 plays? I can't up even begin to imagine what the TOP is in Villes favor, but I'd dpbet it isn't pretty right now. Dsl been out there a lot, and struggle to tackle that back. If Petrino doesn't run it 4 straight times to bury us I don't know what's wrong with him.

You just have to wonder what the game would look like if Lewis caught those two TDs, or at least the gimme drop that he had.

But right now we are a terrible football team who simply doesn't make winning plays on the offensive side of the ball.

offense is gump/pariani bad and that's sad.

shaf is gonna go down because his OC is terrible.

shafer going to go down because shafer is not a good hc

Well the D is about to cave. Can't blame them. How many times have we just given Louisville the ball back after 3 or 4 plays? I can't up even begin to imagine what the TOP is in Villes favor, but I'd dpbet it isn't pretty right now. Dsl been out there a lot, and struggle to tackle that back. If Petrino doesn't run it 4 straight times to bury us I don't know what's wrong with him.

You just have to wonder what the game would look like if Lewis caught those two TDs, or at least the gimme drop that he had.

But right now we are a terrible football team who simply doesn't make winning plays on the offensive side of the ball.
The defense is far from great. But honestly, they deserve so much better than they've gotten. I feel bad for the defense.

I don't feel bad for the offense. They've been horrendous.

Why does hunt throw 30+ passes? Doesn't count all the trick passes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom