Louisville opens -13.5... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville opens -13.5...

The coaches need to stress setting the edge this week.
We the DEs not to crash and need to have a LB on each edge to prevent the QB run.

Wofford exploited our Edge and it wasn’t improved at all during the game.

6 guys in the box. Our pass D is just depend on luck.

We can win this game. 13.5 is a direct response to Wake putting up 64. The D will respond it was one bad game.

We'll see if this is the case. Don't see how they respond against a better QB. That's a game that destroys your confidence.

Lamar Jackson is going to watch game film this week and run to the stadium to play.

Lamar's reaction to said game film

giphy.gif

Hate to say it, but love the Louisville bet (which is based on game results of Nov 11, they looked good, we didn't, they will RPO us to death, who knows who will play QB for SU.. from down to down).

This sport can also turn on a dime and make no sense week to week, so here's to hoping for an SU win. Covering and losing does nothing for us.

Is OSU the team that gave up 55 to Iowa.. is Georgia the team that gave up 40+ to Auburn. is ND the team that gave up 41 to Miami?

some weeks the D is just off and way off. The D could play much better this week and Jackson could just make plays. we just need to score 40 and see what happens.
I understand your point, but all of those teams you mentioned have beaten other decent teams this year. I'm not saying we can't win, but it is a tall task.

Surprised it’s that low. We’ve played valiantly but haven’t won on the road this year. So I’ll be taping the game. After our epic collapse against Worfford yesterday (at home), I can’t see any scenario in which Jackson doesn’t run all over the field — all day. I’ll be shocked if LV doesn’t beat us by 3 TD’s (if Dunge plays). If our backup QB plays, LV will have even more possessions — we lose huge.
This is the epitome of the casual fan.

Really? Casual fans don't bother to record the game. I've watched more games this year on dvr than I have in real time. My time with my family on thr weekend is just too valuable to give up. I can't play with my toddler outside at 8 pm but I can watch the game after doing stuff with my family on the weekend that I can't do during the week.

Not only did you not apparently watch the WF game, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not doom and gloom, just disappointed over what was by any measure an epic defensive meltdown.

was it an epic meltdown by wake too? they were a couple pass plays in the red zone from giving up 60+ to our walkon backup qb. what would we have done if we had a running game with a solid oline?

was it an epic meltdown by wake too? they were a couple pass plays in the red zone from giving up 60+ to our walkon backup qb. what would we have done if we had a running game with a solid oline?
I'm an SU fan and a Dino supporter. But we gave up 64 points to a lower level ACC team on our home field. That doesn't make me very happy. On the other hand, even with only a year of Dino recruits, we've clearly gotten better this year and are now suffering from lack of depth and injuries to some of the first-line players. I know help is on the way, but let's not sugarcoat what happened in the second half Saturday either. I'm praying that our D can figure out what "contain" means soon. If not, this weekend could be just as ugly.

I'm an SU fan and a Dino supporter. But we gave up 64 points to a lower level ACC team on our home field. That doesn't make me very happy. On the other hand, even with only a year of Dino recruits, we've clearly gotten better this year and are now suffering from lack of depth and injuries to some of the first-line players. I know help is on the way, but let's not sugarcoat what happened in the second half Saturday either. I'm praying that our D can figure out what "contain" means soon. If not, this weekend could be just as ugly.
I'm still hoping we can somehow get a win against Louisville and give the last home game some meaning. We still have a chance, albeit unlikely...

Rationalization is a good coping mechanism. ;) Fact is, Mahoney is in his second full year as a scholarship player. WF game planned for Dungey and adjusted accordingly in the second half where their D allowed only 3 points, the other 2 were off the blocked/returned PAT after a WF TD. Additionally, WF's major right before half special teams blunder gave us a freebie 7, can't really pin that on their D. So, SU really wasn't that close at all of putting up 60 points on their D as you and your thinking may believe.

Not only did you not apparently watch the WF game, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not doom and gloom, just disappointed over what was by any measure an epic defensive meltdown.
No. I was there as I am every Saturday. I witnessed the same horror show as you, and I'll still watch the game Saturday and support my team. You're either a diehard fan, a casual fan, or not a fan. If you choose to record the game, and only watch it half heartedly, then you're not a diehard. Don't be offended...just own it. It's this casual attitude of only being a diehard when they play well, that leads to a half full dome.

Really? Casual fans don't bother to record the game. I've watched more games this year on dvr than I have in real time. My time with my family on thr weekend is just too valuable to give up. I can't play with my toddler outside at 8 pm but I can watch the game after doing stuff with my family on the weekend that I can't do during the week.
That's not what he/she implied. The implication wasn't that he had prior engagements. Here is his/her quote:

"We’ve played valiantly but haven’t won on the road this year. So I’ll be taping the game."

This implies that he/she would only watch the game if he/she felt that we had a shot. The implication isn't that he/she can't make time to support the team. The implication is that because it's on the road, we can't win, so why bother watching it.

I completely understand people recording a game because family, and work, and home comes first, but to not watch because they haven't won on the road, and are playing on the road, is as casual as it gets. Doesn't make him/her a bad person. I'm simply pointing out the attitude of a die hard vs. a casual.

If I were a casual fan, I wouldn't be posting on an internet fan forum. Relax. I'm not doom and gloom. I like Babers and I recognize the improvement. I just think our defensive game plan was terrible Saturday. We made no adjustments to obvious problems in the second half. And it look like we quit. You should own that. Hopefully, we'll be better this weekend. But I'm still taping it. Interpret that any way you please.
I should own that it looks like the team quit? Not sure that makes a lot of sense. I don't play for Syracuse. Being upset that the defense played poorly to the point that you won't watch the game is how I'm interpreting it.

I should own that it looks like the team quit? Not sure that makes a lot of sense. I don't play for Syracuse. Being upset that the defense played poorly to the point that you won't watch the game is how I'm interpreting it.[/QUOT
Obviously, fans have different ways of dealing with the ups and downs of a season. Watch if you want. But I'm raking leaves until we demonstrate that we can contain a fast QB that runs a lot of RPO. That doesn't make me casual, or you hard core. It's just personal preference. I hope we play better.

Wow, you're so amazing. You're the greatest fan on this board.

Overcompensate much?
Tell me then, what is a casual fan. And thank you for the recognition.

I completely understand people recording a game because family, and work, and home comes first
I’ll dvr it for the same reason and watch if it sounds like we played well. If we lose or otherwise lay an egg i can hit delete. Life is too short. Fandom should be about escapism and entertainment not root canal- inspired religious devotion.

Tell me then, what is a casual fan. And thank you for the recognition.

I don't worry about stupid crap like that, could care less. It's a fan board with all types of fans. If you come on this board to spend time reading about your favorite team you're a fan.

I’ll dvr it for the same reason and watch if it sounds like we played well. If we lose or otherwise lay an egg i can hit delete. Life is too short. Fandom should be about escapism and entertainment not root canal- inspired religious devotion.
This is no different than fans leaving in the 4th quarter because w're down 14 points.

That's not what he/she implied. The implication wasn't that he had prior engagements. Here is his/her quote:

"We’ve played valiantly but haven’t won on the road this year. So I’ll be taping the game."

This implies that he/she would only watch the game if he/she felt that we had a shot. The implication isn't that he/she can't make time to support the team. The implication is that because it's on the road, we can't win, so why bother watching it.

I completely understand people recording a game because family, and work, and home comes first, but to not watch because they haven't won on the road, and are playing on the road, is as casual as it gets. Doesn't make him/her a bad person. I'm simply pointing out the attitude of a die hard vs. a casual.
So somebody tapes a game they don't intend to watch?

So somebody tapes a game they don't intend to watch?
To watch half heartedly, so they can turn it off when it's not going well like mentioned by a poster above.

To watch half heartedly, so they can turn it off when it's not going well like mentioned by a poster above.
So now you're jumping to conclusions. I didn't know you could read his mind. The person that said that was not the one you originally responded too.

Last edited:
The only thing that helps Syracuse is that Louisville's o line is awful. The D line needs to get to Jackson as much as they can. It'll be a long afternoon and nail to the coffin if they don't get anything going.

Not the only thing. Their secondary is garbage. Wake had a decent D to go with a senior laden O. Louisville has a great O and a pretty bad D.

I think they’ll win - but we have way more than a shot than the line or our beaten down fan base thinks

that's a Dungey isn't playing line for sure. Louisville got punched in the mouth by BC so not sure what this means about our chances.

They aren't that good from what i've seen.

Best O in the ACC and it’s not close. In the 10-12 range on D.

It will be a shootout - but we may be down our best player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom