Louisville opens -13.5... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville opens -13.5...

So now you're jumping to conclusions. I didn't know youncould read his mind. The person that said that was not the one you originally responded too.
No, the person I responded to said this
"I'm raking leaves until we demonstrate that we can contain a fast QB that runs a lot of RPO."
Not jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, but we're not that good either. We need to look in the mirror. We've beaten one good team this year. A team without their starting qb that relies heavily on him for offense. They only lost to BC by 3 and they beat FSU.

We can win, but Louisville deserves to be favored.

They had their best player for a half and he was getting whooped on before getting knocked out of the game.

I'm an SU fan and a Dino supporter. But we gave up 64 points to a lower level ACC team on our home field. That doesn't make me very happy. On the other hand, even with only a year of Dino recruits, we've clearly gotten better this year and are now suffering from lack of depth and injuries to some of the first-line players. I know help is on the way, but let's not sugarcoat what happened in the second half Saturday either. I'm praying that our D can figure out what "contain" means soon. If not, this weekend could be just as ugly.

The numbers didn’t suggest they were low level coming into the game and the game confirmed that they are a top 35-40 team. We’re in the 60’s.

They had their best player for a half and he was getting whooped on before getting knocked out of the game.
No they didn't. He was a shell of himself. In the games prior to the injury they called all kinds of designed runs for him and that made their offense go. They did very little of that in our game in an attempt to protect him. We played well, but having him nowhere near healthy was a factor just like not having Dungey last week was a factor for us.

"I'm raking leaves until we demonstrate that we can contain a fast QB that runs a lot of RPO."
It gets dark by 5. Plenty of time to watch games after dark. That's what I'll be doing if it's not raining where I live. And I'll save all the time lost on commercial breaks, halftime, etc.

Can you show me what post that "quote" is in? I can't seem to find it...

Can you show me what post that "quote" is in? I can't seem to find it...
sure:
Obviously, fans have different ways of dealing with the ups and downs of a season. Watch if you want. But I'm raking leaves until we demonstrate that we can contain a fast QB that runs a lot of RPO. That doesn't make me casual, or you hard core. It's just personal preference. I hope we play better.

Who are you to determine who is a fan and what kind of fan they are?

Not everyone fits into the "boxes" that you seem to arbitrarily make up...
I'm the fan who stays until the whistle blows. I'm the fan who has watched every single game since 1991 with the exception of my wedding, and the occasional Saturday when I have to work. I'm the fan that decides I'd rather watch and see how my team responds following a debacle, rather than rake leaves, and watch it if I hear they played well.
And I'm tooting my own horn...I'm answering your question.

I'm the fan who stays until the whistle blows. I'm the fan who has watched every single game since 1991 with the exception of my wedding, and the occasional Saturday when I have to work. I'm the fan that decides I'd rather watch and see how my team responds following a debacle, rather than rake leaves, and watch it if I hear they played well.
None of that gives you the right to judge others and what they choose to do.

I noticed that you said you watched every game since 1991, did you not attend all of them? IF not, why not, aren't you a real fan? Or maybe sprinkled in since 1991 you found a few other things in the life schedule that you had to forego watching or going to a game.

None of that gives you the right to judge others and what they choose to do.

I noticed that you said you watched every game since 1991, did you not attend all of them? IF not, why not, aren't you a real fan? Or maybe sprinkled in since 1991 you found a few other things in the life schedule that you had to forego watching or going to a game.
#1 You obviously did not read my whole post. I made time for my wedding, and had to go to work a few times. I certainly didn't schedule supporting my team around my leaf raking schedule.
#2 I'm not judging. My initial post was to point out the difference between a casual fan, and a diehard. I wasn't anticipating the over sensitivity I guess. I mean jeesh...you'd think I called the guy a Louisville fan or something.

You planned your wedding on a game day? That’s not diehard.
You didn’t quit your job? Casual.

You planned your wedding on a game day? That’s not diehard.
You didn’t quit your job? Casual.
As any married person will tell you, the wife plans the wedding. I didn't even get to pick what hors d'oeuvres we would serve. My bachelor party was the North Carolina game in 2002. I remember losing because their fieldgoal kicker hit like 4 fg's from over 50 yards. The game I missed was the Rhode Island game the following week. This was the first year of our 17 year and counting unranked streak.

Last edited:
Hey, I applaud your loyalty. But I get stressed out watching games in which we're getting embarrassed (like WF). I'm no fun to be around ... kind of like you on this forum. So, again with all respect to the way you stick with the team no matter what, do us a favor and let us express our loyalty in our own way and stop telling us how to be fans.

Last edited:
No they didn't. He was a shell of himself. In the games prior to the injury they called all kinds of designed runs for him and that made their offense go. They did very little of that in our game in an attempt to protect him. We played well, but having him nowhere near healthy was a factor just like not having Dungey last week was a factor for us.

Well sure - but you said he didn't play...

Again, I don't want to go too far and ignore all the gutsy defensive performances this year. And maybe that's part of the problem ... I thought we had turned things around from the sieve of last year. I think Defense is about pride and effort and we've been doing great. Unfortunately, we fell apart and we got embarrassed at home by a mediocre ACC team. Does it really matter whether they're 40th or not? We sucked and we need to get spectacularly better in a hurry because the ACC has plenty of pro-level (even better) QBs -- one of whom we're playing against in 5 days. I realize we have a lot of injuries right now. I know the players are trying. I still support the team, the coach and the program. But I'm heading for the fall-out shelter Saturday. If we're not getting blown out, my wife can yell for me to come in and watch.

No - but it suggests that if we thought we should win vs a low level ACC team going in, that our expectations were wrong. They are not low level. What happened on Sat was somewhat predictable. It was a shootout and the team with the better D and more effecient O won. I am surprised that it got to 60.

Hey, I applaud your loyalty. But I get stressed out watching games in which we're getting embarrassed (like WF). I'm no fun to be around ... kind of like you on this forum. So, again with all respect to the way you stick with the team no matter what, do us a favor and let us express our loyalty in our own way and stop telling us how to be fans.
So your posts are not open to responses containing a different opinion. Now I know. I'll respond no more.

So your posts are not open to responses containing a different opinion. Now I know. I'll respond no more.
Actually, that’s (different opinions) been my point all along. We all deal with SU’s trials and tribulations in our own way.

Last edited:
Screw it. Beat Louisville and BC and win a bowl game and go 7-6. Have no idea how that's possible but feeling it in the moment. Time to make a stand. Shock the World!!!

Screw it. Beat Louisville and BC and win a bowl game and go 7-6. Have no idea how that's possible but feeling it in the moment. Time to make a stand. Shock the World!!!
My quick analysis of winning all three is about 5.5% or 17-1 odds.

Hate to say it, but love the Louisville bet (which is based on game results of Nov 11, they looked good, we didn't, they will RPO us to death, who knows who will play QB for SU.. from down to down).

This sport can also turn on a dime and make no sense week to week, so here's to hoping for an SU win. Covering and losing does nothing for us.

every time I see RPO in print my mind goes right to RKO

FSU had UL beat with 2 min to go and fumbled a non contact fumble, UL then drove the field and won.. FSU had Su beat late and fumbled it was ruled not a fumble and SU had to drive 20 extra yds and ran out of time. switch the fumble plays and UL loses and SU wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom