LSU Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LSU Game

This has a chance to be like the 1998 Syracuse-Tennessee game. I was kid and remember traveling 260 miles for this game and being shocked at how many Tennessee fans there were in the Dome. LSU will probably have 2-4k fans in the stadium. I missed the 08 Penn State game for wedding and heard that crowd was half PSU fans.
It. Was. Absolutely. Brutal.

Odds are that quite a few LSU fans will buy tickets through resellers like Stubhub, so expect to see a lot more than just the ticket allotment show up. As in, thousands more.

In September of 2008 - just months after the financial meltdown started - about 18,000 made the trip to Washington for the game against the Huskies.

I wouldn't expect that many to visit Syracuse but I do think you'll be surprised at just how many do make it.

I'm expecting ~10k which is roughly 20% of our stadium. Could be quite a bit more if we have a dreadful start and tickets are that much easier to attain.

I missed the 08 Penn State game for wedding and heard that crowd was half PSU fans.

It was completely insane - after PSU scored their first TD (after consecutive turnovers by both teams in the first minute of the game), the Dome get legitimately loud throughout the entire building.

Odds are that quite a few LSU fans will buy tickets through resellers like Stubhub, so expect to see a lot more than just the ticket allotment show up. As in, thousands more.

In September of 2008 - just months after the financial meltdown started - about 18,000 made the trip to Washington for the game against the Huskies.

I wouldn't expect that many to visit Syracuse but I do think you'll be surprised at just how many do make it.

I'm very excited to make the trip down to Death Valley in a couple years - I have to see every major college football venue in the country before I die and it's high on my bucket list.

There must have been 7-11k PSU fans.

Bees will hunt down and kill any season ticket holders that dare sell their tickets to you guys.

My friend is an LSU fan. He asked me a year ago (or was it two years) right after announcement of the game if I wanted to go to Cuse with him. After waiting a couple of hours, he went ahead and bought plane tix without me. Rabid I tell you.

My guess is the Geology building next to the Dome. It is often rented out for tailgates to alumni groups.
I was in Heroy for a "tailgate" for SU alumni representatives a few years ago. Great location, safe from the elements, etc.. I'm sure that's where they'll have it.

When we werr in NO fpr the Sugar Bowl we were told by locals that LS U fans were the worst behaved in the SEC so im expecting wvu like behavior No doubt about the great support however

Careful, CajunCuse was born and raised in Baton Rouge and played at NW La. Be nice or you might find a mystery ingredient in your jambalaya next fall.

Trivia question: When Terry Bradshaw was an all conference selection at QB playing for La. Tech, who was the all conference center? Hint. He's mentioned in this post!

Careful, CajunCuse was born and raised in Baton Rouge and played at NW La. Be nice or you might find a mystery ingredient in your jambalaya next fall.

Trivia question: When Terry Bradshaw was an all conference selection at QB playing for La. Tech, who was the all conference center? Hint. He's mentioned in this post!
Not based on personal experience, just repeating what I heard from some French Quarter merchants...of course that was many years ago.

NW State in beautiful Natchitoches (pronounced Nackadish), Louisiana on the Cane River! Home of the world-famous Natchitoches meat pies. I would love for CajunCuse to make some for a tailgate--easily eaten with one hand to keep the other free to hold a cold one!

Bees will hunt down and kill any season ticket holders that dare sell their tickets to you guys.

I might not be able to make the game, so I hope an Orange fan offers me more! LOL

When we werr in NO fpr the Sugar Bowl we were told by locals that LS U fans were the worst behaved in the SEC so im expecting wvu like behavior No doubt about the great support however
I was at that game too. I don't remember their fans being all that bad but then, there's a lot I don't remember about that trip. :D

No offense taken to the LSU fan comments. I agree, they are an obnoxious bunch of coonasses. Thanks, Consigliere, for the comment about my college football career. The wife never lets me forget that I played football with Bradshaw and he makes so much more than I do now. Northacuse, I'll see if I can come up with a good (and easy) recipe for meatpies. I'm not much of a baker. If not, I'm sure I can come up with some other tasty cajun food for that tailgate.

No offense taken to the LSU fan comments. I agree, they are an obnoxious bunch of coonasses. Thanks, Consigliere, for the comment about my college football career. The wife never lets me forget that I played football with Bradshaw and he makes so much more than I do now. Northacuse, I'll see if I can come up with a good (and easy) recipe for meatpies. I'm not much of a baker. If not, I'm sure I can come up with some other tasty cajun food for that tailgate.

Did you play with the Duck Dynasty guy too?

No, he was a couple years ahead of me. I started in '68, his last season was '67.
one NFL Q.B. Hall of Fame, one T.V. star and one celebrity chef from basically the same team. Interesting as the good eating is about the only one still going strong. Tell that to the wife.

As I recall Nebraska brought thousands of fans to see the Todd Norley show.

As I recall Nebraska brought thousands of fans to see the Todd Norley show.
You are correct.

As I was driving up on 81 from Binghamton I was shocked to see so many Nebraska plates on the road. I was even more surprised when it came time to park and when I entered the Dome.

What an amazing game experience that was! Still my favorite in-person SU sporting event.

When do single game tix go on sale?

It's always a big push for seasons and partials -- single game tix will be late summer (This is just a guess on what we've done in the past, no official date yet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom