Lunardi | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi

The rage and venom of all you people toward him is funny. The guy created a job for himself at ESPN and gets to spend 12 months/year studying college hoops. Any one of you would trade your job for his in a second.

Envy is not healthy!

Committee Member leaked info to Joe -- "I can guarantee you Joe that Syracuse is not going to be in a play-in game".

Joe Lunardi then tells everybody - "Syracuse is not even close to getting in the tourney".

I guess you didn't listen properly Joe.

Will ESPN finally replace this guy? He was an embarrassment. He has analysts openly criticizing his judgments. It's clear no analysts have respect for him.

Make an offer to Jerry Palm, and you may have a more united front.

The rage and venom of all you people toward him is funny. The guy created a job for himself at ESPN and gets to spend 12 months/year studying college hoops. Any one of you would trade your job for his in a second.

Envy is not healthy!

He's just a really odd dude.

Props to him though.

Envy is not healthy!

If an actor does a bad job in a movie should it not be criticized? Or is anybody criticizing them wrong because they want to be actor and are just jealous

Is everyone criticizing the horrible job that Charles Barkley just jealous?

If you are a public figure and you do your job poorly you will get called out on it.

As I have been saying Lunardi is an azzclown and it wasn't even close how bad he was this time.

Alsacs, I give you a lot of credit for being vociferous about something I've believed for several years. "Bracketology" is worthless, and ultimately is a futile endeavor.

The landscape changes on a daily basis, so having it in Nov / Dec is pointless, despite the attention it garners. And Lunardi completely miscalculates by having his tabulations focus upon the daily outcomes, ignoring the long term view.

Perhaps most importantly, the evaluative bias he brings consistently is off target, given that each committee is slightly different and prioritizes slightly different evaluative criteria. So while he has a uniform view from year to year [generally] of who belongs in, it doesn't necessarily reflect the deliberations taking place behind closed doors.

Give him credit--he is basically a hack reporter who stumbled upon something that makes him relevant. Professionally, he nailed a cool niche [much like Mel Kiper]. But that doesn't change that it is generally a pointless endeavor.

Literally the only argument he has for syracuse not getting in is their high rpi. Is he kidding me???? If all that matters is rpi why even bother with selection committee? Just pick all the automatic bids based on the rpi. Unbelievable.
Princeton deserves an at-large based on his RPI logic.

Also the Bonnies didn't leave the state of NY during the non-conference schedule. Imagine if Syracuse did that what Lunardi would say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom