Lydon | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

One thing to consider is that Lydon absolutely could not play aggressive on D this season or last because he was so important and he doesn't have a backup. That's going to suppress some stats.
True, but the fact that he almost never leaves the floor will tend to inflate his counting stats, so it's probably a wash. If compare his per 40 minute numbers for his two seasons, they are quite similar across the board, which suggests he has not regressed like many here contend.

College production has nothing to do with your NBA stock. That's what posters on this board never get. Marquise Chriss was a lottery pick that averaged 9 points a game. There's a reason Bonzie Colson will never be in the NBA. I don't care how many points he averages.
I think most people realize this after the last 2 drafts. McCullough does almost nothing in his 1 year at SU and is a 1st round draft choice. Richardson has a handful of great games, a handful of awful games, and many average games, and is a 1st round draft choice. Obvious that after the first 10 or so selections in the draft, teams choose based on perceived potential at the next level and not necessarily on college stats.

How did you twist my words into that? Please tell me how.

It wasn't me twisting your words as much as going off the assumption that you want him back (as we all do). My main point is that he could end up in the d league no matter when he left/leaves. That's why I said it's on him. But given the team heading for the NIT I don't know if that helps or hurts us as far as his decision is concerned

I can't take another year of timid pump fakes

I only liked your post for the cool song, not for wanted to BAN Lydon. I want him to stay, and make that "jump" some players do!

I won't create a new thread for it because it's probably not super significant, but DraftExpress just updated their mock drafts, and Tyus Battle is making his first appearance (in the 2018 draft, not this year) at pick #38.

Lydon is at #23 in the updated mock, two spots ahead of #1 recruit Harry Giles.

Edit: If my memory serves me correctly, for comparison's sake, I don't think Malachi was included in any of DraftExpress's mocks at this point last year. We may have lucked out from that point of view by not making the tournament this year (yes, I still wish we would have made it).

Last edited:
I won't create a new thread for it because it's probably not super significant, but DraftExpress just updated their mock drafts, and Tyus Battle is making his first appearance (in the 2018 draft, not this year) at pick #38.

They'll both test

Edit: If my memory serves me correctly, for comparison's sake, I don't think Malachi was included in any of DraftExpress's mocks at this point last year. We may have lucked out from that point of view by not making the tournament this year (yes, I still wish we would have made it).

At one point he showed up in March, just don't remember the exact date.

FWIW, Chad Ford posted an ESPN Insider article today on top 30 prospects to watch in the NCAA Tourney. He then followed it up with "Others to Watch" and has Andrew White on there, but doesn't have Tyler Lydon. It appears White/Syracuse are the only non-tourney player/team on the list, so assuming it's an oversight and he didn't remove White when the bracket was announced. But who knows. Lydon is of course still on his Ford's regular Big Board at #29 (late first round pick).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom