Mail a first rounder | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mail a first rounder

If he can't deal with the masses he needs a publicist. He's a public figure. Fans come with the territory. It's only going to get worse if he is successful in the NBA.
He's a public figure that isn't yet getting paid to be a public figure. So it's nice that he should have a publicist - how exactly is he paying for said publicist?

He's a public figure that isn't yet getting paid to be a public figure. So it's nice that he should have a publicist - how exactly is he paying for said publicist?

I have often advocated NCAA athletes should be compensated for their participation through some kind of revenue sharing.

But paying a publicist is not the point. I get it that some of the people tweeting him about his NBA decision made him angry. But you don't respond to fan base by snubbing them. If he's going to be paid like a professional he should act like one. I thought he should have ignored the fans tweeting him about his NBA decision. He should be happy people are actually paying attention to him. As a professional athlete, you want as many adoring fans as possible. That's what a publicist would do is prevent you from saying something stupid. Now tell me I'm idiot for thinking this way.

I have often advocated NCAA athletes should be compensated for their participation through some kind of revenue sharing.

But paying a publicist is not the point. I get it that some of the people tweeting him about his NBA decision made him angry. But you don't respond to fan base by snubbing them. If he's going to be paid like a professional he should act like one. I thought he should have ignored the fans tweeting him about his NBA decision. He should be happy people are actually paying attention to him. As a professional athlete, you want as many adoring fans as possible. That's what a publicist would do is prevent you from saying something stupid. Now tell me I'm idiot for thinking this way.
People should leave him alone. Period. He is making a decision about HIS life. No one else cares one bit what happens to him in his life. They care about him only that he comes back and leads our team. Let's not pretend otherwise. If he was a singer in a band and was thinking about leaving school, no one would give him a second thought. And the idea that a college kid should have a publicist is ridiculous.

You're not an idiot, but your view is very unfair to me. You're putting a whole lot of burden on him with the justification that it comes with the territory, without acknowledging that he isn't actually in that territory, or, you know, have the resources now that he will when he gets into that territory.

I mean, if you want me to just tell you you're an idiot I can, but mostly I just think your expectations are unfair.

People should leave him alone. Period. He is making a decision about HIS life. No one else cares one bit what happens to him in his life. They care about him only that he comes back and leads our team. Let's not pretend otherwise. If he was a singer in a band and was thinking about leaving school, no one would give him a second thought. And the idea that a college kid should have a publicist is ridiculous.

I agree people should leave him alone. But what you are responding to has nothing to do with what I said.

You're not an idiot, but your view is very unfair to me. You're putting a whole lot of burden on him with the justification that it comes with the territory, without acknowledging that he isn't actually in that territory, or, you know, have the resources now that he will when he gets into that territory.

I mean, if you want me to just tell you you're an idiot I can, but mostly I just think your expectations are unfair.

He should have said nothing. There's never a reason to snub fans.

Well I will say that as much as some people glorify the "college experience," at least when fans are sh tting on you in the NBA you're making some coin.

Myles Turner was the number 2 recruit in the nation in 2014. Everyone knew he was going to be a one and done guy.
Myles Turner is not anything like Malachi Richardson. Richardson was never seen as a one and done guy he was a top 25 recruit.
Turner is also a big guy those guys get drafted on potential more than SGs.

Good job disagreeing with me. Richardson will not piss me off he leaves as I have said I don't blame kids for wanting to get paid. Look at most 1st round picks in his position he will not play next year. If he wants to get paid go ahead but I don't see him as an NBA player next year. If you can't make all-conference team that shows you aren't consistent. If he can get drafted good for him.
Way to ignore your original point by deferring to rankings. Your original point was consistency. Myles Turner wasn't consistent.

Any player who is Top 50 in the state of college basketball is thinking they could be one and done, and some of them have the talent to do it if in the right situation. No Top 50 comes to college because their goal is to play college basketball. It's to be in the NBA.

He has yet to make an NBA decision, so proceeding as if he has makes little sense to me. And your definition of "snubbing the fan base" is interesting.

He's not snubbing the fanbase, he's snubbing the mouthbreathers with no common sense or life skills that bother him on Twitter. As he should.

so i haven't read the entire thread here, but is basically what happened some people were s to Malachi on twitter, he responded somewhat in kind, and Malachi is the bad guy here?

Reading around the forum we do a good job of that on our own.

Before he announced someone would say "he had an excellent freshman year". He declares, "he's not ready and needs to stay. He'd be dumb to leave. #cuse2016/17"

There is a huge difference between discussing a player on a basketball forum, and attacking someone on their social media site.

so i haven't read the entire thread here, but is basically what happened some people were . . . . . . . s to Malachi on twitter, he responded somewhat in kind, and Malachi is the bad guy here?

No at all. I think he should have ignored their posts. Whatever, next man up.

Way to ignore your original point by deferring to rankings. Your original point was consistency. Myles Turner wasn't consistent.

Any player who is Top 50 in the state of college basketball is thinking they could be one and done, and some of them have the talent to do it if in the right situation. No Top 50 comes to college because their goal is to play college basketball. It's to be in the NBA.
TOP 10 recruits are pretty known to be 1 and dones in today's recruiting world. They don't stay no matter what unless they really like college.

Top 50 recruits are not forecasted to be 1 and dones. My god why are you making this an issue. Malachi Richardson was not Myles Turner. If Malachi leaves I wouldn't blame him one bit because he has a ight to get paid to play basketball but thinking he wasn't consistent enough is a fair take. The scale of a top 10 recruit and top 25 recruit in the sport of basketball is huge.

If he leaves fine but don't give this BS you are just arguing with me to argue with me I neither the time or inclination to do it any further.

No at all. I think he should have ignored their posts. Whatever, next man up.
I would say it rarely benefits a celebrity to snub fans but there are lots of reasons to.

I'm much mellower than I was when I was Malachi's age but even now, I don't think I'd be able to resist.

This thread started on Tuesday. By now the mail should have arrived.

carrier-james-morgan.jpg

so i haven't read the entire thread here, but is basically what happened some people were . . . . . . . s to Malachi on twitter, he responded somewhat in kind, and Malachi is the bad guy here?
He had every right ... he's got a decision to make. He's going about it the right way. It's playing out. Sure I'd love to have him back as a fan, but Ppl just need to let him be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom