"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

Yes, I agree. The first thing that strikes me is the general shoddiness. The materials, the stitching, the design, the way the colors on different pieces of apparel don't match, the cheap looking fonts used for numbers and letters that look like they were hand drawn by children.

Heck the colors they use don't even go together. Everything about them screams cheap garbage.

Lastly, they refuse to acknowledge that the primary color of Syracuse is orange and on the rare occasions when they do deign to use orange, they use a color that is far closer to red than to Syracuse orange.

What a bunch of hacks.
9df.gif

im in the minority but I like them especially the white and platinum ones. Dark blues would be better with the orange pants

I know they might incorporate orange pants and/or jerseys at some point, maybe next year but these things they've shown make me want to cry.

They don't say Syracuse Orange(men) at all. They could be the uni of any high school.

The little bit of orange they have isn't even the right orange on the white ones. With that blue fade in or whatever it is, makes it look like burnt orange. They look like Texas. The grays look like baseball uniforms. The all blue...hate them.

The numbers look like that splash paint my kids used in grade school.

Why can't we just have uni's that are jazzed up and different but maintain the fact we are the Syracuse ORANGE?

Total fail. Kids saying they like them means diddly. They like anything new. If these were done right the kids would like them even MORE.

Hey, but I am super excited about the LSU announcement and I think the kiosk is a nice idea. I also think that having this thing in Destiny was good too because it got some fans there too.

They're down on West Street, near the Freedom Tower. Long walk to Times Square. Hope they stop at the Blarney for a pop on the way.
and i hope the Blarney refuses them.

theyre not even cool in a 'i wish my school didnt call themselves the Orange and wore no Orange'...kind of way.

terrible, laughable and terrible again.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 32s
Remember when I said there are four versions of the new SU uniform? There is a fourth All-Orange version. Up to the team when they wear it

I hope it's early and often.

You know, if I didn't have internet before a few minutes ago, and saw the OP's title of this thread, I'd be all excited about tomorrow's major announcement.

I know they might incorporate orange pants and/or jerseys at some point, maybe next year but these things they've shown make me want to cry.

They don't say Syracuse Orange(men) at all. They could be the uni of any high school.

The little bit of orange they have isn't even the right orange on the white ones. With that blue fade in or whatever it is, makes it look like burnt orange. They look like Texas. The grays look like baseball uniforms. The all blue...hate them.

The numbers look like that splash paint my kids used in grade school.

Why can't we just have uni's that are jazzed up and different but maintain the fact we are the Syracuse ORANGE?

Total fail. Kids saying they like them means diddly. They like anything new. If these were done right the kids would like them even MORE.

Hey, but I am super excited about the LSU announcement and I think the kiosk is a nice idea. I also think that having this thing in Destiny was good too because it got some fans there too.

I don't mind the white and gray ones. I actually like them a lot, but the blue ones are pretty bad. There were some unique things nicely done like the 44's crossing to form a battle axe on the neck line, and Shafer's lock the door quote on the inside of the collar. But I do agree the blue ones are pretty bad. I was hoping we would have the Orange one's Illinois just revealed. They can't sit on the orange uni's for a whole year. If we break out those it won't be as bad and there are some pretty good looking combo's you can come up with.

We're going to be seeing a lot of those two combinations, especially the gray tops and blue pants, which are hideous.

I can actually live with all gray.

Hey, just be thankful the football team only plays 12-13 games. Imagine if we had look at those 32 times a season in hoops.

Oh, wait.

Why do we keep making a big deal of 44 when they number has been retired for several years and it means nothing to most people under 30?

cuseguy said:
Oh Lord, those are the same football uniforms my brother and I wore on Halloween when we were kids.

And I just heard that as they passed some businesses people came outside and handed out candy to them.

There are some great uniform combos for SU, they just didn't show any of them today: http://cuse.com/galleries/?gallery=1052

Feel much better looking at that. The all one color thing is just terrible.

Also I think the all-blue the kids designed for last year look much nicer than the new all blue.

Love the white top, Orange Pants and either Blue/Orange Helmets. That is my favorite combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom