Malachi better hope his stock is higher than projected here | Syracusefan.com

Malachi better hope his stock is higher than projected here

He's been all over the map. I always thought if they can play if works itself out but that's why I don't work for the NBA.

It's still all over the place, but yeah if he goes that low, people here are going to go insane...

A lot of people don't like when Jim is anything but complimentary of a player's decision to go pro. Well, if Mali goes that low, I'd say Jim freakin' nailed it when he criticized some for asserting Mali is a potential lottery pick. If that talk influenced Mal's decision, which it very well might have, it could be seen as a contributing factor to a failed career. I'm not saying his career will definitely be a failure, but guys picked in the 40's generally have a very poor shot of sticking anywhere and make basically nothing off their first contract (relative to late first round money), if they get one.

A lot of people don't like when Jim is anything but complimentary of a player's decision to go pro. Well, if Mali goes that low, I'd say Jim freakin' nailed it when he criticized some for asserting Mali is a potential lottery pick. If that talk influenced Mal's decision, which it very well might have, it could be seen as a contributing factor to a failed career. I'm not saying his career will definitely be a failure, but guys picked in the 40's generally have a very poor shot of sticking anywhere and make basically nothing off their first contract (relative to late first round money), if they get one.

It's important to note that CNNSI isn't an NBA team's front office, and it only takes one team to like you enough to make you a first round pick, but yeah--I agree with your points.

I researched several mock drafts yesterday--again, not that these are definitively how the actual draft will unfold--but more than 75% of the ones I saw did not include Malichi in the first round. I hope he didn't make a bad choice in terms of his draft prospects.

He was a class act, a good all around kid, exciting and significantly helped our post season run. Sucks that he declared and hired an agent, but as always I hope he gets drafted into the best situation possible.

Philly and Boston have 3 first round picks. One of those 6 easily could be Malachi.

I don't see him falling out of the first round.
I have no idea where he will go but draft express is considered the bets of the bunch when it comes to the draft and they don't have Mali going in the first round.

I see Boston grabbing him. With 3 first round picks there's 0 reason not to reach for a young talent like Malachi.

Philly and Boston have 3 first round picks. One of those 6 easily could be Malachi.

I don't see him falling out of the first round.

A minimum of 2 of those will be dealt or draft and stash guys. Neither is likely to have 3 1st rd guys coming on to the roster especially since both have like 3 more 2nd rounders too.

I see Boston grabbing him. With 3 first round picks there's 0 reason not to reach for a young talent like Malachi.

Their rotation is already full at guard and likely going to add Murray or Dunn. Malachi will be sitting with James Young at the end of the bench.

Has Mal worked out for any teams? I've seen a bunch of guys working out for teams, but not him.

I may be reading the wrong mock drafts, but I haven't seen him listed in many that I have seen.

Carnac predicts this will turn into another 20 page thread once the usual suspects find it.
Carnac.jpg

Early on (like, right after the season ended) I was certainly questioning his prospects as a 1st round pick - but he seemingly received overwhelmingly good feedback and some kind of 1st-round assurance at the combine... So, if he does end up sliding to the 2nd round, I would chalk it up to bad/misleading feedback and not to a bad decision on his part.

Based on what he was apparently hearing from teams a couple weeks ago, there's no way he should have withdrawn from the draft.

RF2044 said:
CNNSI has him listed at #41 [Gbinije is #44]: 2016 NBA Big Board 3.0: Brandon Ingram takes lead Hope he goes a LOT higher than that to justify the early entry.

Much respect to you RF2044... But he doesn't have to justify anything.

Every year a bunch of college kids pick majors that don't have an obvious path to a great career and their parents are like "go to school for business or med school".

It may seem like an easy decision from one point of view - but it's the individuals choice to do what they want to do. And rightly so.

I mean - who does Mali have to justify his decision to? Is he married?

Every year a bunch of college kids pick majors that don't have an obvious path to a great career and their parents are like "go to school for business or med school".

It may seem like an easy decision from one point of view - but it's the individuals choice to do what they want to do. And rightly so.

Agreed justify isn't the right word, but I think if he goes in the 40's or whatever he'll probably regret the decision

Well himself, if he sought out just validation for the decision he wanted to make and is laboring in the D League...

His draft position is directly correlated to prospective salary. Therefore, if he drops to the second round and gets far less money than he hoped, it wouldn't justify the decision to leave after one year.

I'm not suggesting that he has to "justify" his decision to SU fans or anyone else. I'm also not going to split hairs over whether I should have said "justify" instead of "validate" or whatever other synonym people individually prefer, when the context of my statement was clear. Words mean things.

Philly and Boston have holes at the SG position.

I do think 2 of those 6 will be stash guys or atleast traded. I think the 3rd pick is traded or Dragin Bender.

Boston and Philly need shooting. While I wouldn't want Malachi because he will take atleast 1-2 years to be ready for an NBA rotation he has value.

This kid isn't a moron. He has a team that told him they are going to take him. The Clippers at 25 IMO are his firewall. That team needs depth.

Philly and Boston have holes at the SG position.

I do think 2 of those 6 will be stash guys or atleast traded. I think the 3rd pick is traded or Dragin Bender.

Boston and Philly need shooting. While I wouldn't want Malachi because he will take atleast 1-2 years to be ready for an NBA rotation he has value.

This kid isn't a moron. He has a team that told him they are going to take him. The Clippers at 25 IMO are his firewall. That team needs depth.

Your boy Ford thinks Philly and Boston trade at least half their picks...

I've read that Indiana loves Malachi. If he doesn't wind up with Boston or Philly, the Pacers are a possible landing spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom