Malachi better hope his stock is higher than projected here | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Malachi better hope his stock is higher than projected here

I think this "it's just my opinion" defense gets stretched a bit far. First, folks are just as entitled to have an opinion that another's opinion is illogical or mean spirited.

Illogical and mean spirited is an opinion. It's not a defense to have an opinion. I'm just saying just because someone thinks Malachi should have stayed another year is just that. People argue it like you are an a hole for having a contradictory opinion.

Second, and particular to this topic, some of the opinions on this thread have been exactly that. I could provide multiple examples but will offer one - "we need to start recruiting kids who want to be here". That was actually written on this forum.
In other words, Richardson is the wrong kind of person to recruit to Syracuse and we should not recruit people like him in the future.

You are mixing statements. The idea "start recruiting kids bla bla bla" has nothing to do with having an opinion on whether it was a good decision for Malachi to leave. Surely you do not believe everything who thinks Malachi should have stayed also think we should only recruit kids that want to be here. They have nothing to do with each other.

Whether that is someone's honest opinion or an immature reaction to something that did not go as they wished (ding ding ding) is besides the point. To me, that is illogical, mean spirited, and completely unfair to a great kid who represented Syracuse well on and off the court. I don't think immunity attaches bc someone claims that's just my opinion.

There's never a reason for ad hominem attacks like "immuature reaction". This is exactly what I talking about. Just because someone has a different opinion you don't like means that they MUST be immature? Or they must be illogical? Or they are mean spirited? What's wrong with just saying, "I don't agree with your opinion" and leave it at that?

Last edited:
It's my opinion that I have a right to hijack any thread if I believe said hijacking is in the best interest of the SU basketball program, and more importantly, me. Oh, and the NBA is the devil.

In my opinion the NBA has hurt CBB with the 1-and-done phenomena. I would have preferred if Malachi stayed another year. Does that make me an evil person?

I don't know why guys leaving early is such a sensitive topic here.

It's mind boggling to me that people are so sensitive that they feel compelled to make ad hominem attacks against people who do not share their opinion. Maybe some people just can't accept the idea that people do not think the same way as they do. It's really weird.

It's mind boggling to me that people are so sensitive that they feel compelled to make ad hominem attacks against people who do not share their opinion. Maybe some people just can't accept the idea that people do not think the same way as they do. It's really weird.

If they could just handle it like Dalton, the board would be a better place. ;):)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeglesB0qDk

Last edited:
Dave85 said:

It's my belief that criticizing someone's decision when you have maybe 1/10th the info makes the person's opinion highly suspect.

Furthermore, I think the 9/10ths of the info we don't we have, we shouldn't have.

I don't like attacking posters, but when an uninformed opinion gets repeated over and over again it becomes harder to tell the opinion from the poster (believe me, I've been in that boat "Lester is a good offensive coordinator!").

So, in the end? We can't judge properly without all the info and we need to respect a players privacy and maybe we should stop ringing that damn bell so that our headaches can subside enough to root for a former player, fully.

A lot of people don't like when Jim is anything but complimentary of a player's decision to go pro. Well, if Mali goes that low, I'd say Jim freakin' nailed it when he criticized some for asserting Mali is a potential lottery pick. If that talk influenced Mal's decision, which it very well might have, it could be seen as a contributing factor to a failed career. I'm not saying his career will definitely be a failure, but guys picked in the 40's generally have a very poor shot of sticking anywhere and make basically nothing off their first contract (relative to late first round money), if they get one.

I'd bet that there are 40 kids that are told that they're lottery picks.

99% unrelated. And more a comment on some NCAA coaches -- I have no reason to believe that JB would react the same way. But I am reminded why an athlete should have no qualms about leaving his school early.

I was watching Beau Hossler (a real pro prospect who led the US Open in round 2 as a 17 year old in 2012) in obvious pain with a significant shoulder issue on the 15th continue to play his match which he completed and finished off in the 17th hole. He took a 15 minute medical timeout, after his shoulder popped out, and then every shot was very painful that he jumped and threw his club.

What was really disgusting was his coach afterwards saying he knew he was hurt, but he didn't bother asking Beau to stop, because he is certain Beau would have said no. Really coach, leaving it to the player? Leaving the player to feel bad in front of his teammates if he quits himself. This is where you as an adult have to look after your players.

In fact he was in so much pain that he putted out of the 17th bunker rather than swinging. He was taking so long to finally build the courage to shoot each time. I am sure he would have been relieved if the coach had stepped in

I just thought it was really sad and disgusting at the same time.

Is Malachi's hair a bigger mistake than leaving school after one year?

99% unrelated. And more a comment on some NCAA coaches -- I have no reason to believe that JB would react the same way. But I am reminded why an athlete should have no qualms about leaving his school early.

I was watching Beau Hossler (a real pro prospect who led the US Open in round 2 as a 17 year old in 2012) in obvious pain with a significant shoulder issue on the 15th continue to play his match which he completed and finished off in the 17th hole. He took a 15 minute medical timeout, after his shoulder popped out, and then every shot was very painful that he jumped and threw his club.

What was really disgusting was his coach afterwards saying he knew he was hurt, but he didn't bother asking Beau to stop, because he is certain Beau would have said no. Really coach, leaving it to the player? Leaving the player to feel bad in front of his teammates if he quits himself. This is where you as an adult have to look after your players.

In fact he was in so much pain that he putted out of the 17th bunker rather than swinging. He was taking so long to finally build the courage to shoot each time. I am sure he would have been relieved if the coach had stepped in

Sadly I think it happens a lot at every level - hence the reason concussion protocols were taken out of the coaches hands.

Then that coach is an idiot. He has to be the adult in the room and pull him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom