Mali...back or not poll | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Mali...back or not poll

Nothing has changed. A bunch of people making guesses and trying to read tea leaves. "I heard he wiped with his left hand this afternoon. That's gotta mean he's not coming back. But then again he wasn't required to clip his toenails so he's probably going to come back unless he just wants to drink Diet Coke."

Nothing has changed. A bunch of people making guesses and trying to read tea leaves. "I heard he wiped with his left hand this afternoon. That's gotta mean he's not coming back. But then again he wasn't required to clip his toenails so he's probably going to come back unless he just wants to drink Diet Coke."
skipping the combine scrimmages is a fairly big/new development

So, who here has tallied up the poll votes?
fail_thread.jpg

In a good or bad way?
well, differing theories on that it seems...
Most seem to think it means he knows he's going in the 1st round and doesn't need to try and impress in a game setting... but I've seen others say it could mean he's "bluffing" to get teams thinking other teams are interested in him... I guess I'd say it screams "Adios, SU" tho it is odd he apparently hasn't signed with an agent yet

well, differing theories on that it seems...
Most seem to think it means he knows he's going in the 1st round and doesn't need to try and impress in a game setting... but I've seen others say it could mean he's "bluffing" to get teams thinking other teams are interested in him... I guess I'd say it screams "Adios, SU" tho it is odd he apparently hasn't signed with an agent yet

I mean was he that impressive in workouts, that he is now a lock first round pick?

I'm just confused, I thought he had to have an impressive combine to get drafted in the first round, if he isn't taking part in the 5-5 what has changed?

I believe only 2 players were drafted in the first round last year that participated in the scrimmages .
But how many guys that didn't participate in the scrimmages NOT get drafted in the first round? I 'd wager more than 2.

Briancuse said:
I'm just confused, I thought he had to have an impressive combine to get drafted in the first round, if he isn't taking part in the 5-5 what has changed?

You're beating yourself up. As an SU fan, you should know the deal by now.

nothing necessarily changed - some things just aren't reported or bandied about on SM - things like teams reaching out to players, etc

I for one think it's awesome that Malachi is going to be drafted in the 1st round and will represent us well.

I for one think it's awesome that Malachi is going to be drafted in the 1st round and will represent us well.
You clearly need to spend more time wringing your hands and vilifying the kid for testing the waters.

You clearly need to spend more time wringing your hands and vilifying the kid for testing the waters.

Or just drinking and watching the spectacle this board was/is today!

But how many guys that didn't participate in the scrimmages NOT get drafted in the first round? I 'd wager more than 2.

3. So 10%.

But I don't know if any of them were hurt like CMac, who was invited to the combine but did not do the 5v5 scrimmages due to injury.

Just my opinion here, but if I'm a GM picking in the back end of the 1st round, why not take a kid that has the talent to potentially be a lottery pick the next year. Makes sense to me, rather than waste a pick on a kid that doesn't have that kind of upside. Put him on your d league roster and develop him as you see fit.

If you're Mali, why wouldn't you want to take that opportunity. I know there is a money difference, but, that's his concern - not mine.

As a Cuse fan, of course I'd love to see him back. On the other hand, I hope he gets to league and blows up and makes every team upset they passed on him in the early part of the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom