Mali...back or not poll | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Mali...back or not poll

Just my opinion here, but if I'm a GM picking in the back end of the 1st round, why not take a kid that has the talent to potentially be a lottery pick the next year. Makes sense to me, rather than waste a pick on a kid that doesn't have that kind of upside. Put him on your d league roster and develop him as you see fit.

If you're Mali, why wouldn't you want to take that opportunity. I know there is a money difference, but, that's his concern - not mine.

As a Cuse fan, of course I'd love to see him back. On the other hand, I hope he gets to league and blows up and makes every team upset they passed on him in the early part of the draft.

Because you can do better than just be a first round pick, look at Buddy Hield. He might not have been a first round pick last year, he comes back to school, and is going to be a top 5 pick.

Because you can do better than just be a first round pick, look at Buddy Hield. He might not have been a first round pick last year, he comes back to school, and is going to be a top 5 pick.

How about the UNC kid who would have been a 1st rounder after his freshman season but decided to come back? 3 season slater I don't think he even got drafted. Works both ways.

How about the UNC kid who would have been a 1st rounder after his freshman season but decided to come back? 3 season slater I don't think he even got drafted. Works both ways.

It can happen, but it doesn't happen often, there are far more kids who leave too early and wind up regretting their decision. The Nba will always be there. I have never really heard anyone say, I really regret going back to school.

Briancuse said:

Hield had to go back, he wasn't on anyone's radar - it appears Mali is on at least someone's radar. By the way, he's doing it the right way, he still hasn't hired an agent. He's keeping his options open. That's just being smart.

Hield had to go back, he wasn't on anyone's radar - it appears Mali is on at least someone's radar. By the way, he's doing it the right way, he still hasn't hired an agent. He's keeping his options open. That's just being smart.

We don't know who's radar hes on, it could all be a smokescreen. Most of the more informed mock drafts have him going in the 2nd round to undrafted.

Times have changed, I remember when guys who were thought of as lottery picks, came back to school because they wanted to be a top 3 pick. Now just getting drafted in the first round is the goal.

We don't know who's radar hes on, it could all be a smokescreen. Most of the more informed mock drafts have him going in the 2nd round to undrafted.

When are you going to get it that if a kid is told he doesn't have to do 5v5 he's likely to be a 1st rounder?

It can happen, but it doesn't happen often, there are far more kids who leave too early and wind up regretting their decision. The Nba will always be there. I have never really heard anyone say, I really regret going back to school.

Go read the tweets from Francis or the NBA draft express guy everyone touts. They all say the same thing. No 5v5 needed, teams have him as a 1st rounder.

Go read the tweets from Francis or the NBA draft express guy everyone touts. They all say the same thing. No 5v5 needed, teams have him as a 1st rounder.

Last time I checked draft express they had him going 53rd.

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not fond of the Dutch, but there is no place for this crap here.

I like you! I started this at the right moment(2:17), one of my favorite bits to do. But if you start the video at the beginning, the full act is what I'd like to do in a room full of you all!!!! The line after the big shows is fitting!

I do a clean show here!!!

Last edited:
Briancuse said:
Last time I checked draft express they had him going 53rd.

What's that got to do with anything? Giovany says if he doesn't have to do 5v5 he must be a 1st rounder.

Briancuse said:
If he had him as a first rounder, why is he 53rd, he runs the site, right?

Last time I'm going to explain it. Where he has him listed has nothing to do with him and others saying if the NBA isn't requiring Mali to participate in the 5v5 it's a good thing for him because those guys don't have to participate because the NBA has identified them as probable first round picks.

Nearly all of us =
jump_to_conclusions_mat.jpg

Me? I jump to conclusions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors