Mali gone? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

I would think it's only actually official when he either hires an agent or May 25th passes and he hasn't withdrawn his name, no? This just seems like more talk, like how he said earlier that he needed a first round guarantee to stay.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

I actually agree with his statement. Lydon leaves and Mali stays we have Moyer to play the three. Mali leaves we're weak at the 2 and have a capable guy sitting on the bench.

I think Battle is going to be much better getting to the rim than Mali. I think we will be fine.

yeah it would have been interesting to see how Mal and Battle coexisted - kind of feel like it might have been a "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" type deal
Yep. At least, that's what I'm telling myself to feel better.

We're not replacing 13 points haha. Add Gs, add Cooneys. Don't know the math or looking up the stats but I'm assuming it's 70% of our scoring.

Lydon can score, but when he's WIDE open. He's going to have to show a lot more than he did last season for us to be able to say he is "the guy" on offense. Outside of him and Battle we're extremely suspect on offense. Relying on a freshman and a guy who's scared to shoot the ball as your only scorers is dangerous.
We're doooooooooooooooooomed

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Cheick Diallo tells me he didn't tell any teams he's staying in the draft and he's still getting feedback. Playing well &potential 1stround
Well we know what team he will end up with -
upload_2016-5-13_16-16-11.png

I actually agree with his statement. Lydon leaves and Mali stays we have Moyer to play the three. Mali leaves we're weak at the 2 and have a capable guy sitting on the bench.
first and foremost: Lydon > Mal
then...
Moyer < Lydon
Battle = Mal

Gillon = ?

We'll be just fine

The decision is not his. Doesn't one of the NBA teams have to bite? Maybe he's just going to roll the dice.

I agree with the sentiment until is after May 25th or he signs with an agent it's not really official. But I don't want to burst your bubble. If you really feel that strongly about it then he's gone.
Haha I would like to remove official from the subject line, but alas I can't. Have gotten a ton of grief from that. Seems official to me, but I guess you can argue otherwise. I would imagine signing with an agent is imminent for him.

We're going to be better defensively. We can afford to sacrifice some offense, although it sounds like JB might go back to some up tempo.

An acquaintance of mine who I've known for about 30 years...can't call him a friend but know him very well, gave me some good info. He's friends with Jay Wright--good friends. He told one of my best friends that Jay told him yesterday that everyone at the combine knows Malachi is gone. And there is absolutely zero question about it for anyone at the combine. Jay was apparently at the combine, I assume to support his Villanova players who are there.

Personamly I think we will be fine. This is just my opinion and I'm not saying Mali is like this, but next year having both him and Battle could of caused some in game problems. Say Mali did come back and heard everything he needed to work on for the next level. Would he be playing for the next level or trying to do the best for the team? Every team loses players every year. People should be grateful we root for a program that consistently puts out first rounders now. That only helps recruiting. I am very excited for next year to see what our three guards and loaded front court can do. Howard, Roberson, Lydon will all improve. I think DC too. Add to the Battle, Chukwu, And Moyer. Also if we can anyone else. Let's see what our HOF coach and assistants can do. In Boeheim I trust!
This.
I had this thought as well. Call me naive but I don't see this in such Chicken Little terms as some others. I fully expect Battle to step in and reload for us. We'll be good again & very dangerous come the postseason. JMHO

DC and John Wallace say hello. Lydon too from what (little) we understand.
But, I think it is fair to say we are in a bit of a slump as it pertains to early entries that are not regarded as Top-15/Lottery talents.

John Wallace was 20 years ago. DC more than 25.

Safe to say that things are a bit different now in terms of early entry trends.

let's stop worrying about it. We move on and will survive. Hope he does well!

Still means almost nothing.

Until and unless he signs with an agent, or the deadline to withdraw from the draft passes, then it could still go either way.

So, NO, he is NOT "officially" gone.
Yet.

Bad back? Probably not.

50/50 on whether to go in the draft? More like 90/10.

Too many players nowadays feel like they're a failure if they stay two years.

Time to move on.

Good luck, Malachi.

Haha I would like to remove official from the subject line, but alas I can't. Have gotten a ton of grief from that. Seems official to me, but I guess you can argue otherwise. I would imagine signing with an agent is imminent for him.

You jumped the gun, it happens.

But...but...but the internet said so!
Eh, it's not some random internet rumor, it's the ESPN NBA insider saying they said they were staying in. I watched the Cheick interview with Andy Katz live. Kid is not super fluent in English. His answers were very difficult to interpret.

Last edited:
jr4750 said:
Eh, it's not some random internet rumor, it's the ESPN NBA insider saying they said they were staying in. I watched the Cheick interview with Andy Katz live. Kid is not super fluent in English. His answers were very difficult to interpret.
I'm just busting ballz. I'm not operating under the naive hope that he's coming back. He's been gone awhile now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom