Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

Wake has an RPI of #149. The win over them does nothing either. I would have rather faced Pitt.
We have sucked offensively against Pitt.
At least we scored on Wake at home.

Don’t want to play Pitt. Our style right now plays better in their style.
We will beat Wake plus I would rather be in the 6-3 bracket than 7-Duke.

Alabama is 5-5 in Q1, and has 10 Q1+Q2 wins overall. (10-12).

If you really believe that the SEC is the best conference this year, then they should be in.
But I'm not buying the initial premise. and hoping the committee does not either.

anyone have a good site showing breakdown of quad 1 wins vs 2 and 3 and 4 for all bubble teams?

TAKING STOCK

The following is the matrix standings as of this morning. I bring in everybody with a 9 seed average or below, as most are not a lock if they lose the next two.

Out of 49 Current Brackets
NC St 49 (Sat 6:00 vs Louisville)
Arizona St 49 (Quad 3 Loss)
Butler 48 (Sat 8:00 at Seton Hall, Quad 1)
USC 48 (Sat 10:15 vs UCLA, Quad 2)
St. Bonaventure 48 (Sat 8:00 at St. Louis, Quad 3)
Florida St 47 (Quad 3 Win), Lock
St. Mary's 47 (Sat midnight vs Pepperdine, Quad 4)
Baylor 44 (Quad 1 Loss)
Providence 43 (Quad 1 Win)
Alabama 41 (Quad 1 Loss)
Kansas St 41 (Quad 2 Win)
Louisville 40 (Sat 6:00 at NC St)
Texas 29 (Quad 2 Win)
---------------------

Washington 19 (Quad 3 Loss)
UCLA 19 (Sat 10:15 at USC, Quad 1)
Nebraska 6 (Done for Season)
Penn St 4 (Losing 59-48 vs Purdue, Quad 1)
Miss St 3 (Quad 2 Loss)
Utah 3 (at 7:00 vs Colorado, Quad 3)
Marquette 2 (Quad 2 Win)
Notre Dame 2 (Quad 1 Loss)
Boise St 2 (Sat 7:00 vs Wyoming, Quad 3)

Others With Shot at Large (no mentions)
Syracuse (Quad 1 Win)
Oklahoma St (Quad 1 Win)

Avoiding Bubble Busters
Loyola (Win - advanced to MVC Final on Sunday)

Last edited:
What the hell is Stanford... not seeing the game but I saw they were up 2... and then fouled with 5 seconds left. Arizona St had a chance to tie... but missed, and now Stanford turned the ball over with 4 second left.

And they won ... phewww.

What the hell is Stanford... not seeing the game but I saw they were up 2... and then fouled with 5 seconds left. Arizona St had a chance to tie... but missed, and now Stanford turned the ball over with 4 second left.

And they won ... phewww.
I think AzSt is in - about the same situation as Oklahoma - but yeah I suppose if they lose first p12 tourney game...

Seth Davis ... Says Bama at 17-14 is definitely in... Really?
Bama is 5-5 against Quadrant 1, 10 combined wins against Q1 and Q2. That's the good. The bad is their ratings stink (53 Sagarin, 55 KenPom, 54 BPI). I can't see them being a lock, considering.

I think AzSt is in - about the same situation as Oklahoma - but yeah I suppose if they lose first p12 tourney game...

All Arizona St has to do is avoid a bad loss... even with a bad loss they may still get in, but it will create uncertainty.

Bama is 5-5 against Quadrant 1, 10 combined wins against Q1 and Q2. That's the good. The bad is their ratings stink (53 Sagarin, 55 KenPom, 54 BPI). I can't see them being a lock, considering.
They may not be a lock, but 5-5-5-2 in Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4 is pretty good. Problem is they are 6-6-2 in in losses in Q1-Q2-Q3. It will be very interesting to see how the committee treats them. 14 (15, barring them winning the SECT) is a lot of losses.

upload_2018-3-3_17-31-58.png

Penn St up 28-21 vs Purdue. That could be enough to put them over the top if they can hang on.

upload_2018-3-3_17-37-34.png

Nebraska one q1 win getting even better. I think BPO has now locked them in his field.

This next hour is crucial in my mind. As big as any hour we will see between now and selection Sunday.

Notre Dame and Penn St could get massive wins that may put them in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom