Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

the only thing jax should be happy about, is that TC is in building.

and if they actually let him work, and hes not there for PR...then everyone should be put on notice that they will start working or be gone.

including the new/old hire coach.
Yeah, if you're a Jacksonville fan, Coughlin on your side has to be what's inspiring confidence right now.

Maybe that's what Jacksonville is hiring Marrone to do - get them to .500, and then you go for the coach that takes you to the next level?

Again, from a Jacksonville fan perspective, this has to be unusual.
I honestly don't care about Jacksonville fan. He was hired by Jacksonville management, not the fans. I think he is a good coach. So do they (mgt). He improved things at both SU and Buffalo. His records were winning records in his last year's at each. I can't say the improvement would continue but maybe it would have. Now we will find out how good he is but I suspect even a trip to the playoffs after 2 years at Jax would result in you placing credit somewhere other than Marrone.

he inherited 2 teams that were way below .500. He improved them both to above .500. :)

He inherited a team in Buffalo that was 6-10 the previous two years and three of the previous four years, and led them to a much improved record of...6-10. The improvement the next year was nice, but it wasn't some magical turnaround that people here want to deify him over.

I honestly don't care about Jacksonville fan. He was hired by Jacksonville management, not the fans. I think he is a good coach. So do they. He improved things at both SU and Buffalo. His records were winning records in his last year's at each. I can't say the improvement would continue but maybe it would have. Now we will find out how good he is but I suspect even a trip to the playoffs after 2 years at Jax would result in you placing credit somewhere other than Marrone.
all failures will be Marrone's fault.

all success' will be Coughlin's doing.

figured I let you know this now...

He inherited a team in Buffalo that was 6-10 the previous two years and three of the previous four years, and led them to a much improved record of...6-10. The improvement the next year was nice, but it wasn't some magical turnaround that people here want to deify him over.
and 9-7 is an improvement over 6-10. I agree. You can't call anything a "turnaround" until you sustain it so not, it can't be categorized as a "turnaround". We do know what happened when Rex took over. Back to losing.

all failures will be Marrone's fault.

all success' will be Coughlin's doing.

figured I let you know this now...
Now all he will need to do is copy/paste this for his posts in 2 years.

and 9-7 is an improvement over 6-10. I agree. You can't call anything a "turnaround" until you sustain it so not, it can't be categorized as a "turnaround". We do know what happened when Rex took over. Back to losing.

I hate Rex, so not interested in defending him, but in his first year, he had an 8-8 record, which was essentially the same as Doug's second year, if you factor in the Patriots throwing a game that didn't matter to them. The fall off from Doug to Rex was not dramatic and, in fact, was barely noticeable. The defense got much worse and the offense got much better. They remained essentially a .500 team, just like under Doug.

Nah it's fun. Makes the bills yearly game against them more interesting.

I've always said that if Mularkey gets another chance, anyone can.

Low bar there works out for him. He can get them to .500 and people will be impressed

Can't wait till the Bills hire Sean McDermott.

I hate Rex, so not interested in defending him, but in his first year, he had an 8-8 record, which was essentially the same as Doug's second year, if you factor in the Patriots throwing a game that didn't matter to them. The fall off from Doug to Rex was not dramatic and, in fact, was barely noticeable. The defense got much worse and the offense got much better. They remained essentially a .500 team, just like under Doug.
Marrone inherited a 6-10 team and left a 9-7 team. Rex inherited a 9-7 team and left a 7-9 team. Small sample size but hard to argue against the fact that Marrone improved the team and Rex's team went backward.

Marrone inherited a 6-10 team and left a 9-7 team. Rex inherited a 9-7 team and left a 7-9 team. Small sample size but hard to argue against the fact that Marrone improved the team and Rex's team went backward.
2 or 3 Wins in the NFL don't mean shlit.

that could be the difference of 2 or 3 plays.

5 or 6 win swings, 2 years in a row...now that shows progress.

9-7*

Here is a question for all the rabid anti-Marrone posters. How many 4th quarter come backs did Marrone have at Buffalo and SU? 10-15 ? That alone makes him a great coach.

Here is a question for all the rabid anti-Marrone posters. How many 4th quarter come backs did Marrone have at Buffalo and SU? 10-15 ? That alone makes him a great coach.
That's a weird standard.

That's a weird standard.
Was it weird to you when Clemson came back to beat Bama in the NCG with 1 second left. That is great coaching. Dabo is just lucky that the administration at SU let Marrone get away or that could have been the Orange in that game.

Idk, why don't you actually do some research for us instead of throwing out a completely made up number.

Maybe that's what Jacksonville is hiring Marrone to do - get them to .500, and then you go for the coach that takes you to the next level?

Again, from a Jacksonville fan perspective, this has to be unusual.
in buffalo marrone and ryan are 1.5 wins better than jauron and gailey/fewell

people act like the bills have been horrendous forever. they're just consistently sub par which might be worse for rebuilding

except that ryan had a better winning percentage

you have to assume some magical marronian trajectory that makes it so much easier for other coaches

Captivating information.
he's impressed that khan is a self made billionaire.

pegula however started his business with a few grand loaned from his parents. clearly a silver spoon guy

except that ryan had a better winning percentage

you have to assume some magical marronian trajectory that makes it so much easier for other coaches
except that Ryan never had a winning record there. I don't assume anything about Marrone. I see he was a good coach. And contrary to all the experts here who say he would NEVER again be an NFL coach, he was just hired as one. Someone else thinks he is a good coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom