Maryland Game Preview (2/20/22 at Noon) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Game Preview (2/20/22 at Noon)

I’ve got a question about getting into the dome. Do you need to show the actual card or can it be a picture on your iPhone.

I wonder if Maltz has been banged up or something. He has been playing rather sparingly so far.
Think he‘s still on the man up but has mostly gotten time in the second halves once the rout was on. My guess is that they like the dodging ability and athleticism with Khan and Malever mixed with the lethal shooting and feeding ability of Wisnauskas. Nice problem to have with a 40 goal scorer as your 4th attacker.

Think he‘s still on the man up but has mostly gotten time in the second halves once the rout was on. My guess is that they like the dodging ability and athleticism with Khan and Malever mixed with the lethal shooting and feeding ability of Wisnauskas. Nice problem to have with a 40 goal scorer as your 4th attacker.
That is the feeling I have gotten from the first two games, Not being an insider, I can't be sure. I think we all know what the next question is, sort of like the elephant in the room.

Ahh makes sense now because I searched Syracuse vs Maryland on ESPN+ and it showed up but that means I’d have to have a cable provider. Which sucks. I pay 60 a year for espn+ just to not be able to watch certain things lol
Do you have Amazon prime?

I’ve watched both the HPU and Loyola games. Starved for lax action I drove over to College Park from NOVA for the MD-HPU game on a bitter cold and windy day. Caught the Loyola game on replay this week.

What stands out to me on the Tillman squads of the last several years is that they are so solid in all phases. Hard to find any significant weaknesses. From what I’ve seen so far this years team is more of the same.

While impossible to replace Bernhardt’s alpha dodging ability on offense, Khan steps right in as a very capable dodger behind the cage. Malever comes down from the midfield and gives them a bit more versatility than what they had with Maltz as primarily a (very productive) finisher the last few years. Wisnauskas is automatic with his hands free and a very good feeder. Loves that top left spot. I was shocked how many times in the first two games he had time and room. He‘s also shifty enough to get to the cage, especially when they’ve got the defense rotating and a slide comes out to him. Donville is a huge addition and has been very productive thus far along with Murphy. Demaio with the shorty will invert behind. Koras stood out to me on the second line. Fantastic ball movement. Very productive with simple and well executed hard cuts to the crease from up top, pick action, give and go, etc. They will get their points against any opponent. Should also note that HPU did not have the horses defensively (outside of the goalie who had a very strong performance). Loyola D is also a total mess right now and quite a few of the goals in the first half were result of poor communication and questionable decisions. Will be interesting to see Petro’s approach here but I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Kennedy on Khan over Wisnauskas. Think you need someone with the foot speed to match Khan and someone with reach that can close out on Wisnauskas, but a lot of unknowns for the Orange D with new personnel, injuries, etc.

Defensively for MD not a ton to say. Typical unflashy, fundamental defense that communicates well and doesn’t give up many easy goals. Kind of why I like watching the Whips D in the PLL. Makar is a beast and clear #1. No surprise he’s a Yorktown guy. No doubt he’ll get the Dordevic matchup and will be interesting how he handles Dordevic’s quickness. McNaney is adequate but doesn’t stand out. SSDMs have been solid through 2 despite missing a few due to injury. Wierman off to a real nice start at the X. Against HPU his opponent got a few early violations in the first half leading to penalties and won most of the rest. Seemed to dominate against Loyola.

Like others I’d be encouraged if the Orange can keep this one close but would not be at all surprised if this one gets away from them. Critical for Phaup to have a big game and for the defense to keep MD from going on runs. Offensively I’m not sure if they’ll be able to score as consistently as needed, but I was encouraged by the ball movement, activity, and shot placement against HC. Will certainly help prepare them for upcoming ACC play.

Looking forward to getting up to the Dome for lax for the first time in a few years. LGO.

I believe as long as you have a source that has ESPN ,you get Accx
Oh really? I have ESPN+ does that mean I can watch it then. Either way I’ll figure it out. Sling or whatever it’s called is gonna be showing it. 50 a month but has a 3 day trial

Oh really? I have ESPN+ does that mean I can watch it then. Either way I’ll figure it out. Sling or whatever it’s called is gonna be showing it. 50 a month but has a 3 day trial
Espn + Unfortunately is not ESPN.. but if you have sling then you have to get the ESPN watch app which is on any smart device or Amazon fire stick for example. Once you turn on the watch ESPN app it will ask you for a provider then you just tell it sling and it will connect the two and then you will have access to ACCNX.. hope this helps

the Disney + Package is an option, you get espn+, disney+ & hulu for $14 month. Don't know if there's a trial period, I've had the package on my TV for a couple of years

I’ve got a question about getting into the dome. Do you need to show the actual card or can it be a picture on your iPhone.
A picture is fine as long as it is clear. You need a photo id as well.

Espn + Unfortunately is not ESPN.. but if you have sling then you have to get the ESPN watch app which is on any smart device or Amazon fire stick for example. Once you turn on the watch ESPN app it will ask you for a provider then you just tell it sling and it will connect the two and then you will have access to ACCNX.. hope this helps
That helped me a lot thank you. ESPN+ is pretty overrated at least to me. Thanks again

Wherever you’re thinking mr tangerine, would love to get some of these other guys to get the pre game jitters out with a few pops!

Wherever you’re thinking mr tangerine, would love to get some of these other guys to get the pre game jitters out with a few pops!
You mean you’re not drunk now? Am I doing this wrong?

We
whars the espn watch app? The app I have is just called ESPN

Yea doesn’t work. Says I have to upgrade the package on the espn app when I already 6.99 a month
Should be free on a smart device or on fire stick or something of that nature .. it’s just an app you download

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom