Matt Rhule to Baylor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Rhule to Baylor

How much is he getting paid? He might be doing it for the big pay bump, but it could hurt his career, he might be fine with that. He can go coach at a small school or be a coordinatoor the rest of his career.

Ya, not a good fit at all. I'd have to imagine that Baylor alums & fans will be disappointed when they see the brand of football they may be switching to.

Gotta have an OC that continues the flight plan.

Hope he does well, but, again I don't think this is the best move for him.

"So coach Ruhle, what can you do to keep members of your program from commiting crimes that exhibit behavior of sexual predators and as a follow up, can you tell me exactly what you knew Jerry Sandusky while you were a member of the Penn St. program".

This might be an awkward introductory presser.

Does this mean no one offered Rhule a job last year? Or is this a reaction to Penn State's season?

Appears he'd go anywhere to get out of Temple.

Bad news if he trys to bring "Eastern football" to Texas; just like Strong at UT... Tx high school system is geared to spread offenses, few recruits will fit his style...

Bad news if he trys to bring "Eastern football" to Texas; just like Strong at UT... Tx high school system is geared to spread offenses, few recruits will fit his style...
Maybe he'll keep Briles, Jr as OC?

Ya, not a good fit at all. I'd have to imagine that Baylor alums & fans will be disappointed when they see the brand of football they may be switching to.

Maybe he'll keep Briles, Jr as OC?

Yeah if he keeps Briles Jr on as OC and changes the defensive staff it might be a better fit than you think in the Air Raid Conference. Temple was the #2 Passing defense and #8 Scoring defense this year, granted against slightly weaker competition but still he did play USF, Memphis, Penn State and Navy, so some spread offense and ranked teams in there.

They swapped out Jim Grobe for younger Jim Grobe.

I just noticed that Baylor started out the year 6-0, finished 0-6.

I saw the other day that one of the MAC teams (Miami OH I think), started out 0-6 and ended 6-0.

Equally bizarre.

Maybe Baylor is thinking if they suffer in recruiting for awhile, Rhule has experience competing against more talented teams too...

Need someone to coach them at their bowl game.
I wonder if they'll fall into the Bill Stewart trap...
I guess that's always a risk when a coach leaves prior to a bowl game being played.

Apparently Larry Fedora wanted the job but they didn't even bother interviewing him. His system would have fit in well there.

Apparently Larry Fedora wanted the job but they didn't even bother interviewing him. His system would have fit in well there.

Agree, Ruhle is square peg, round hole as previously stated. Fedora would have been a way better fit. That said, not sure why Fedora would want outta NC? Teams like NC on that side of the ACC have it made. Yes, you are in a P5 conference , but dont have to beat a top 10-15 team to make it to your conference championship !

Not so sure it's as bad a fit as you think. If you listen to Rhule a lot, he is a 'God-squadder', and I don't mean that as a pejorative. He just uses the words 'blessed' and 'God' a lot.

Baylor is a private Baptist institution, and he will restore some moral integrity to the program.

While we'll have to see about the brand of football that he brings, he fits the image that university wants to project to a T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom