Matthew Moyer | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Frankly Francis I feel as though we need a different focus for some of our recruiting. Recruiting just 6 foot 7 guys that can't shoot is not working for our offense. We have far too many projects Johnson, Robertson, Patterson. I feel that recruiting class was way over hyped. Not a one has impressed me yet. This year Joseph he looks like a four year guy who will get better, and I agree with Coach B, McCullough easily gives up a bunch of buckets against smaller players.
I, for one, still love that group. Ennis had a heck of a freshman year. The other guys are multiple year guys who we can enjoy watching their improvement. Watch them be the foundation of our great years for the next few years. They may make mistakes along the way, but we will be glad we have them as they become upper classmen. Their shooting will come along, they have great form. The game needs to slow down, and that comes with experience and maturity. They all know that alot is expected and needed from them this year, and they are pressing. As they develop, the incoming guys will feel less pressure and hopefully they won't have to press as much. We have a great group of players right now, and it is only getting better.

Frankly Francis I feel as though we need a different focus for some of our recruiting. Recruiting just 6 foot 7 guys that can't shoot is not working for our offense. We have far too many projects Johnson, Robertson, Patterson. I feel that recruiting class was way over hyped. Not a one has impressed me yet. This year Joseph he looks like a four year guy who will get better, and I agree with Coach B, McCullough easily gives up a bunch of buckets against smaller players.
So which recruits do you wish for us to target and hopefully land moving forward?

We obviously need a center for next year. We need to start recruiting shooting forwards or guards that can play and defend but also shoot the ball. The next recruiting class coming in seems to have this with Lydon and Richardson.

So which recruits do you wish for us to target and hopefully land moving forward?

If our 2016 class consists of Harry Giles, Tyus Battle and Moyer, I don't care who is left over from the 2015 team, that team will be damn near unstoppable.

So I would do pretty much whatever we have to do to get Giles and Battle on board.

Forget Battle he won't be coming here. Honestly we need to win a few more titles to stay up with those recruits. I really feel that Coach B should have 4 titles by now, but he has had a bit of bad luck. Melo, Onuaku, 87.

We obviously need a center for next year. We need to start recruiting shooting forwards or guards that can play and defend but also shoot the ball. The next recruiting class coming in seems to have this with Lydon and Richardson.
VJ King, Jamal Murray, Tyus Battle, and Sedee Keita all fits the mode that you're talking about. Check their threads for info if you haven't already.

Forget Battle he won't be coming here. Honestly we need to win a few more titles to stay up with those recruits. I really feel that Coach B should have 4 titles by now, but he has had a bit of bad luck. Melo, Onuaku, 87.
Giles is more of a long shot than Battle. Battle isn't worried about how many titles a school has, it's all about being on the fast track to the NBA. JB has a nice resume in that department for guards as of late.

Add Moten

I just get frustrated given our success that we can't locate a few shooters to take pressure off the bigs. It amazes me. And this has been going on for a few years now where I see teams we play shoot better than us.

I think he is able to dunk "everything" (albeit in lay up lines and fast breaks) because he is super long. He really seems to take the time to gather himself to elevate, and doesn't seem all that explosive off of one foot. Generally in highlight videos, for a kid of his size, you would see more dunks in the half court set and even a dunk or two through traffic - not seeing this with Moyer and not impressed by his handle at this point. Most likely will play the same position as Lydon - who I am very high on - and who I think has more upside in every facet of the game. Kid will probably have a nice college career, but don't see him as a player having much impact his first few years. Could be wrong, but fun to speculate.

Moyer and Melo in the same breath? C'mon man! Unless you were talking about Fab Melo!

Personally I disagree with your assessment, but it's you opinion to have. His handle is way above average for someone who is 16 and 6'7. He also looks pretty fluid and athletic to me for someone that tall at that age. He's shown to be able to hit step back jumpers, get in the lane and finish around the rim and throws down dunks with power. He still has two years left to develop. This is very good early commit. He kind of reminds me physically and length wise to a durant build...long and lanky. Not saying he will be the next durant, but just build wise. Hell, I'm impressed.

Personally I disagree with your assessment, but it's you opinion to have. His handle is way above average for someone who is 16 and 6'7. He also looks pretty fluid and athletic to me for someone that tall at that age. He's shown to be able to hit step back jumpers, get in the lane and finish around the rim and throws down dunks with power. He still has two years left to develop. This is very good early commit. He kind of reminds me physically and length wise to a durant build...long and lanky. Not saying he will be the next durant, but just build wise. Hell, I'm impressed.

With all the concerns about the team this season and the NCAA's antics, I certainly am not going to fault you for being excited about the kid. I also don't find fault with CForth51 for not wanting you to get your hopes too high with those kind of comparisons, but I certainly am rooting for you to be right!

I agree. Good work ethic, and it wouldn't surprise me if being a first chair violinist effects his brain in a way that carries over onto the court. He seems like a thoughtful kid too, someone who doesn't tend to take things for granted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom