McCullough in Jordan Brand Classic | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough in Jordan Brand Classic

Last night the announcers spoke of this frosh class not being full of stars and possible one and doners. While I saw a couple possibles I feel that is a true statement. Considering the polish and strength is not on par with some good frosh unlikely to jump I think him not being one and done is about as sure a thing from a capability standpoint as you can say. If he proves that wrong the incredible jump he would have had to make would make us a contender...

Problem is, you can flirt with the 1&duns at your peril, but if you're JB and committed to the Zone, it takes awhile to learn to play it acceptably. So JB makes them 2&duns (Dion, MCW) and we get one good productive year out of them. However, that only works if you have enough Triches and Scoops on the roster to fill in the gaps and give you some balance in experience. With Jerami leaving, that leaves us too thin up front.

Roberson, having spent his year in the penalty box, would be ready to contribute alongside Grant, and Chris would most likely get his pine time. Now, he might be a candidate for "Fab treatment" -- token starting time until he picks up some quick fouls and then prolonged bench time with G picking up serious minutes at the 3. Hopefully, BJ can help spread the load, but I only saw a shell of the player last night that JB has lauded so highly. We shall see.-VBOF

Maybe we need to recruit some more elite (positive attitude) fans.

Oh my lord.

This deputy admin, dr phil theme is really running rampant the last few days, and is a major drag.

Can we just talk about the topic instead of nagging about what angle someone takes?

Role play:
He's good, for these reasons.
He's bad, for these reasons.

Instead we have:
He's bad, for the...
"wait, WHAT did you say? You're a bad person. We need less of you."

He'll start for us and then get pulled after 2 mins and ride pine all game.

perhaps coach K glimpsed JB cresting the distant hill in the rear view mirror but duke has definitely stomped on the blue devil recruiting gas pedal. frosh okafor and co. look to be a major handful. just be glad jabari's gone. and lovely daisy dookie and her pointy elbows is probably drooling over her baseline dome seats.

112253_2.jpg

perhaps coach K glimpsed JB cresting the distant hill in the rear view mirror but duke has definitely stomped on the blue devil recruiting gas pedal. frosh okafor and co. look to be a major handful. just be glad jabari's gone. and lovely daisy dookie and her pointy elbows is probably drooling over her baseline dome seats.

112253_2.jpg
Spielberg's first movie!

I suspect we'll see Roberson and G a lot at the forward spots early on next year.

I suspect we'll see Roberson and G a lot at the forward spots early on next year.

I'll bet we start with Xmas at forward with Roberson and Coleman at center, (if Coleman is ready). Remember Xmas was t PF to start this last season, with grant coming off the bench.

Oh my lord.

This deputy admin, dr phil theme is really running rampant the last few days, and is a major drag.

Can we just talk about the topic instead of nagging about what angle someone takes?

Role play:
He's good, for these reasons.
He's bad, for these reasons.

Instead we have:
He's bad, for the...
"wait, WHAT did you say? You're a bad person. We need less of you."

Yes because thats so clearly what is going on here..

Chances are McCullough struggle all season as a raw freshman then will leave for the NBA because he's projected to go in the early 20's because of his potential.

College basketball yay!

First part of the season we should, as usual, out jump and athletically overwhelm. Its the second part of the season where I would be happy with 4th place and that is unheard of for the Cuse.
What would be unheard of for the Cuse? 4th place in a conference? We did that many times (sometimes worse) in the Big East.

SWC75 said:
I'll bet we start with Xmas at forward with Roberson and Coleman at center, (if Coleman is ready). Remember Xmas was t PF to start this last season, with grant coming off the bench.

If Coleman is healthy count me as one who agrees with you.

Coleman started since he arrived on campus and was healthy no reason that's going to change IMO. I'm a believer that JB makes more of a promise to start these guys more than he just has a quick trigger.

The one part I disagree on is that I think Roberson is on the bench and McCullough starts.

If Coleman is healthy count me as one who agrees with you.

Coleman started since he arrived on campus and was healthy no reason that's going to change IMO. I'm a believer that JB makes more of a promise to start these guys more than he just has a quick trigger.

The one part I disagree on is that I think Roberson is on the bench and McCullough starts.

Agreed. I think Roberson starts as well. Even if Boeheim made some promise to him that he starts (which I highly doubt) he's going to be behind Roberson at least early on. McCullough is no one and done. I will be shocked if McCullough even averages 10pts. Even LaMarcus Aldridge was a 9-10 ppg/6 reb guy his freshman year. I would be thrilled with 9/6 from McCullough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom