McCullough in Jordan Brand Classic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough in Jordan Brand Classic

This game is horrid to watch. Not a game you can judge how someone is going to actually perform in the college game. I believe Cmac will fill Grants void just fine. He will definitely have to stay focused. Going to be a guy that needs to be involved early and often.

Neither did Ennis..
I felt ennis looked like a one and done player after a few canada exhibitions, based on today, he was light years ahead of mccullough.

One of the good things is we were hoping to maybe have grant for 3 years, mccullough we would be happy hoping for 2. Drafting on potential is alot easier for sophs then jr's.

Finally got to see him play for a few minutes. He seemed very passive, the guy voted most likely to be yelled at by Jim Boeheim. He ahs that combination of body and talent to be good but does he have the commitment and the motor?

Okafor looked like he's going to be tea-bagging our guys for as long as he's in Durham. He's a distant cousin of Emeka, so we're used to it.

hoopsupstate said:
He looks pretty soft and he doesn't have the mentality to rebound. He will be in constant foul trouble next year because he reacts and doesn't anticipate. He is going to hear the wrath of JB. He has frustration written all over him. Athletic as hell and can run, but I don't see the motor to be great. He's the type of player you're going to have to stay on all the time. It will get frustrating after a while. Alexander and Okafor are always around the ball around the basket. I don't see that with CMAC. If he has the work ethic and wants to be good, he definitely has the skills.

Just what I saw. Nothing more to say. Greatest player since Melo.

CMac in starting lineup in second half. Just picked up foul number 4. UGH.

It seems like the kick in the nuts that was the swan song of the 2014 orange continues. 25-0 to UConn winning the NC after our 1st round exit to multiple 1 and done(s) to, now, our tweener non-hustling player fouling out to someone named Okafor in a game where fouls are never called. While seemingly every other "elite" historical program has signed 3 top 10s.

Just what I saw. Nothing more to say. Greatest player since Melo.

I gotta be honest- what is with the constant negativity? I get being realistic but every post I see from you seems to be about not meeting expectations, we need to prepare for 10 losses etc etc. Maybe I missed a bunch of positive posts but sheesh lets give things a chance. Rough end to the year but holy smokes man.

swish7 said:
It seems like the kick in the nuts that was the swan song of the 2014 orange continues. 25-0 to UConn winning the NC after our 1st round exit to multiple 1 and done(s) to, now, our tweener non-hustling player fouling out to someone named Okafor in a game where fouls are never called. While seemingly every other "elite" historical program has signed 3 top 10s.

We should be recruiting better for an elite team.

I gotta be honest- what is with the constant negativity? I get being realistic but every post I see from you seems to be about not meeting expectations, we need to prepare for 10 losses etc etc. Maybe I missed a bunch of positive posts but sheesh lets give things a chance. Rough end to the year but holy smokes man.

Because Ennis and Grant should be coming back, and we should be contending for a title next year, but now we have a team with very little experience and question marks.

Just describing what we saw in brief action tonight and comparing it to what people have said. Hopefully he'll want to prove something to people next year and will do so.

Because Ennis and Grant should be coming back, and we should be contending for a title next year, but now we have a team with very little experience and question marks.

Ok so that means doom and gloom and we havent played a game yet? Do you have a crystal ball? Look losing those two sucked but can we move on? We have returning players on top of freshmen.

Ok so that means doom and gloom and we havent played a game yet? Do you have a crystal ball? Look losing those two sucked but can we move on? We have returning players on top of freshmen.

We are looking for encouraging signs and coming up empty. That doesn't mean we won't be good next year. It's just that nothing very exciting is happening now.

Just describing what we saw in brief action tonight and comparing it to what people have said. Hopefully he'll want to prove something to people next year and will do so.

My comment was a bit wider than just about cmac. And I think expectations over the past few months on mccullough were brought to earth before this game and rightfully so. Not saying I was impressed but these games arent always indicative of more than who is the top 3 or 4 best frosh.

I do not, but lets look at our roster from a realistic standpoint. Joseph is more of a combo guard than he is a pg, and isn't rated as high as Ennis. Cooney really struggled down the stretch last season, Roberson barely was able to get on the court last year, cmac looks good but is raw, and Christmas still hasn't broke through yet. Throw in the fact that Colemans knee is a serious concern, I don't see how you can't have some worries going into next year.

My comment was a bit wider than just about cmac. And I think expectations over the past few months on mccullough were brought to earth before this game and rightfully so. Not saying I was impressed but these games arent always indicative of more than who is the top 3 or 4 best frosh.

I'll remind people that Dion Waiters sucked in the Jordan Classic...couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and looked overmatched.

I do not, but lets look at our roster from a realistic standpoint. Joseph is more of a combo guard than he is a pg, and isn't rated as high as Ennis. Cooney really struggled down the stretch last season, Roberson barely was able to get on the court last year, cmac looks good but is raw, and Christmas still hasn't broke through yet. Throw in the fact that Colemans knee is a serious concern, I don't see how you can't have some worries going into next year.

Where did I say I didnt have worries? My point was the sentiment is we are lost before we set sail. Lets not sink next year's team before they play a game. You act like im saying they are gonna win it all.

Where did I say I didnt have worries? My point was the sentiment is we are lost before we set sail. Lets not sink next year's team before they play a game. You act like im saying they are gonna win it all.

Well we aren't playing anymore games this year, so we have to discuss something.

I am hoping for a nice "solid" SU season; 20 wins, 4th- 5th place in ACC, sweet 16, build the lineup for the arrival of the "cavalry" in 2015...
PS - I don't think CMac would smile even if he had an all night three some with Mrs. Pete Sampras and Mrs. Andy Roddick...

Well we aren't playing anymore games this year, so we have to discuss something.

Huh? Its not the topic its the perspective. Obviously the topic is on point. Having a less than stellar outlook is one thing. Basically resigning to a failure of a season is another. Too many unknowns about the improvements from current players to "know" we are doomed. The first part of the year may be rough as these guys figure things out. No way we go on a long undefeated run next year from the way it looks now. But their is talent, a HOF coach and a lot of potential growth as a team. So its feasible we could be ok.

Huh? Its not the topic its the perspective. Obviously the topic is on point. Having a less than stellar outlook is one thing. Basically resigning to a failure of a season is another. Too many unknowns about the improvements from current players to "know" we are doomed. The first part of the year may be rough as these guys figure things out. No way we go on a long undefeated run next year from the way it looks now. But their is talent, a HOF coach and a lot of potential growth as a team. So its feasible we could be ok.

I don't think they are going to go 14-17. but this team is anywhere near the teams we have had the past few seasons. We do have a hof coach, but where is the offense coming from?

I don't think they are going to go 14-17. but this team is anywhere near the teams we have had the past few seasons. We do have a hof coach, but where is the offense coming from?

Its going to come from the 10 players we have on scholarship next year. Clearly you must know that when I say unknowns and improvement that the source of the offense is wrapped within that statement. Lets not go around I circles. My original point I stand by is that the doom and gloom is old. I have faith in a program that has nearly always overachieved when things looked a little down.

First part of the season we should, as usual, out jump and athletically overwhelm. Its the second part of the season where I would be happy with 4th place and that is unheard of for the Cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom